You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IRISHSDOWN

Donskoi Build?

11 comments in this topic

[SAPP]
Members
102 posts
8,979 battles

Just picked up the Donskoi.  Haven't seen any recent stuff since the last patch or two.  Looking for any suggestions for Capt skills and upgrades.  I'm guessing I will NOT need IFHE for this.  Thank you

[--K--]
Supertester
1,474 posts
14,150 battles

You still need ifhe. I run Priority target, adrenaline rush, superintendent, demo expert, ifhe, and concealment expert. Think I put the last two points into expert loader and module protection.

• Cool 1

[SAPP]
Members
102 posts
8,979 battles
19 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

You still need ifhe. I run Priority target, adrenaline rush, superintendent, demo expert, ifhe, and concealment expert. Think I put the last two points into expert loader and module protection.

I was thinking close to the same.  Just wasn't sure about IFHE.  TY

[K-POP]
Members
4,843 posts
13,357 battles

Definitely still want ifhe and de, as well as expert loader ideally. Gandalf’s build is pretty much what I ran when I was grinding it last year, although I didn’t take de then because of old ifhe. 

• Cool 1

[SAPP]
Members
102 posts
8,979 battles
20 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Definitely still want ifhe and de, as well as expert loader ideally. Gandalf’s build is pretty much what I ran when I was grinding it last year, although I didn’t take de then because of old ifhe. 

Thanks Midnight.  Like many, I'm grinding for the Moskva.  I'll grind until I have to use free XP to get it.  I'm guessing it will be pretty soon.  Did you go with Main Bat 3 or Gun FIre Control?  I'm thinking Main Bat 3.

Members
3,995 posts
14,495 battles
8 minutes ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

Thanks Midnight.  Like many, I'm grinding for the Moskva.  I'll grind until I have to use free XP to get it.  I'm guessing it will be pretty soon.  Did you go with Main Bat 3 or Gun FIre Control?  I'm thinking Main Bat 3.

You may not want to spec your capt for IFHE, if you plan to move the same one to the Moskva. You can always respec, but if you just plan to grind through the Don and maybe never play it again; might save you some capt xp/doubloons. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
52 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Also grinding for Moskva and put a new Captain on Donskoi ... currently only 12 points but my plan sounds very similar to yours

PT, EL, PM ... AR ... DE, SI ... CE, IFHE

@IRISHSDOWN my current modules are ... edit: it's all about the guns

ddmod.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 2

[SAPP]
Members
102 posts
8,979 battles
53 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Also grinding for Moskva and put a new Captain on Donskoi ... currently only 12 points but my plan sounds very similar to yours

PT, EL, PM ... AR ... DE, SI ... CE, IFHE

@IRISHSDOWN my current modules are ... edit: it's all about the guns

ddmod.jpg

Yeah Doc.....Just did my first battle.  Thing moves like a 3 legged cow going up hill but nice guns and dispersion.   Best of luck!!

[K-POP]
Members
4,843 posts
13,357 battles
1 hour ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

When I started my grind I used range because there were a few times before I settled on that last mod where I needed the extra range and didn’t have it, but about halfway through I switched to reload. Yes it was annoying not being able to have the longer range at times, but the reload was better since, if they were in range, they died quicker before they could run away. 

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,699 posts
5,975 battles

I just picked it up today as well.

One module I am torn on is Aiming Systems Mod 1 vs Main Battery Mod 2.  This used to be a no brainer due to Main Battery Mod 2 reducing rate of fire and therefor being complete junk, but now it has no downside.  On a BB the reduced dispersion of Aiming Systems Mod 1 is clearly better, but on a cruiser which already has decently tight dispersion, and hence gains even less?  Then again the turrets already rotate decently.  That said, fast turrets are nice so I am inclined to go for Main Battery Mod 2 I think.

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

The builds above sound good and you can use the same captain for Nevsky, so I recommend you don't re-train or re-spec right after you get the Moskva.

• Cool 1