Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MoreCrazyIvan

Tier 4 - SIX CV's???

51 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
647 battles

Could someone - anyone - please tell me which brain-dead moron at WG decided that SIX Cv's in a Tier 4 game was OK?

I would love to try and understand the logic(?) of their decision - putting that many carriers against ships with virtually no AA?

Really?

Why not just call it the "CV training Tier - anyone else can go and get Fu@#d Tier"?

Edited by MoreCrazyIvan
greater relevance to topic
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
15,933 posts
12,803 battles

It was him

image.png.9f279edef42184de5b1b0f25cb9d1afc.png

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,190 battles
8 minutes ago, MoreCrazyIvan said:

Could someone - anyone - please tell me which brain-dead moron at WG decided that SIX Cv's in a Tier 4 game was OK?

I would love to try and understand the logic(?) of their decision - putting that many carriers against ships with virtually no AA?

Really?

Why not just call it the "CV training Tier - anyone else can go and get Fu@#d Tier"?

The devs don't care about the gameplay experience, because CVs are absolutely integral to their insane business model. After months of doing nothing about this, because they have no idea what customer orientation is, they are now struggling to retain 2 CV matches at T4. And 2 CV matches are widely hated by the playerbase. 

The devs simply don't care. Best move: stop spending money, and let them know why. Until their pocketbooks take a hit, they won't care about the game experience, especially at low tiers. 

• Cool 9

[FML]
Members
4,157 posts
16,067 battles

It’s even worse if you play late at night and there is a queue dump where you get 6 CVs and 6 other ships. Those battles are simply lame. 

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles

A solution is in the pipe line and due for release next patch drop... Should because with the pandemic, everything is grinding slowly.

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
29 minutes ago, MoreCrazyIvan said:

Really?

So you'll huddle-up to your friendly CV's for their AA protection?  :cap_rambo:

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles

This is one of the reasons I rarely play below tier 6 anymore.  Fun low tier ships aren't when they're fighting multiple CVs.

• Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

This morning there were more CV's in queue than all other classes while i was queued in my Tier 3 RU BB

Though strangely my game didn't have any....

I have seen 6 cv's in my Bogatyr tier 3 cruiser... which I don't think has any AA at all...  the cv's occupied 1/3 of all ships in the game.

[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,827 battles

I recall  grinding T4 to T6 is about 68k xp?  That’s a lot for low tiers, which means people are going to have to play a lot to unlock Ranger/Ryujo/etc.  Lowering the xp required would move a lot of CVs out of low tiers, I suspect.  Not that WG has any interest in that, they want people playing T10.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,257 posts
16,130 battles
1 hour ago, MoreCrazyIvan said:

Really?

They don't like their own game and are trying to kill it... easy enough to understand.  New players kinda like game, play for a while and run into 3CVs per match and...... quit.  The 5 Year Plan is working Comrade.

• Cool 3

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,189 battles

Pics or it didn't happen honestly I am having a hard time believing this the most I have seen is 3 CVs :Smile_hiding: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
11 posts
2,078 battles

Every game has an end game level cap but they typically do not punish the player for having to grind to get to the final cap level.   Even if WoW has been around for a while they should realize that some of us are just new players to the game and would not have any high end ships.   They should still be supporting players at lower tiers so we can learn the game and grind up to the end game.   I guess that is always the problem with these free game devs, they tend to ignore everyone who are low levels and don't understand they are turning us off from becoming the gamer they want to be there for them at high levels.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
43 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Pics or it didn't happen honestly I am having a hard time believing this the most I have seen is 3 CVs :Smile_hiding: 

we aren't saying 6 per side... just total per match, there is a post in another thread, where it was 3 cv's and 3dd's on each team and that was it...  and he provided the screenshot.  I likely have the replay of mine i'll take a look.

I was mistaken i was in the T3 IJN prem i think it's AA defence rating is "9".  We won the match... even if Daniel_Allan_Clark (who was in this match in the Gangut sank me) The CV's for the most part left me alone which surprised me, likely just new players.

X4VXbKc.jpg

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
3 minutes ago, wiztaxi said:

It  is so simple....

REMOVE CVs

they can't and they won't now that they have sold them for cash.

[SOUS]
Members
62 posts
2 hours ago, MoreCrazyIvan said:

If only CV's were especially prone to Corvid-19... sigh

CVs are Covid-19

CV-19

Even isolation and hiding wont help.

3 per side at T4 was normal when I played on SEA.

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles

Six CV's in a match?
Challenge Accepted.

• Cool 1

[DRIUS]
Members
62 posts
1,688 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

The devs don't care about the gameplay experience, because CVs are absolutely integral to their insane business model. After months of doing nothing about this, because they have no idea what customer orientation is, they are now struggling to retain 2 CV matches at T4. And 2 CV matches are widely hated by the playerbase. 

The devs simply don't care. Best move: stop spending money, and let them know why. Until their pocketbooks take a hit, they won't care about the game experience, especially at low tiers. 

Y'all spend money on this game???

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,190 battles
11 minutes ago, Heiligenmoschel said:

Some people do. I did. But when they wrecked the game with CVs, I stopped. You can't support a game that the devs obviously don't care about. 

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,314 posts
6,616 battles
5 hours ago, MoreCrazyIvan said:

Really?

Oink Goltz! Each tier is different, that's Tier IV. If you don't like CVs, I suggest you play Tier I and II. Almost all "anti CV" players play since years those tiers. Bacon !!! 

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,061 posts
5,529 battles
5 hours ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

You can expect this situation roughly once every five random matches, based on my study of Tier IV CV frequency.

1 in 3 for me during the last 15 days. only 2 matches without CV during that period.

5 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

It’s even worse if you play late at night and there is a queue dump where you get 6 CVs and 6 other ships. Those battles are simply lame. 

Yeah been there. Funniest one was 3 CV, 4 DD per side.

2 hours ago, Heiligenmoschel said:

No, maybe that's why I'm happy with the game.

4 hours ago, Morpheous said:

They don't like their own game and are trying to kill it... easy enough to understand.  New players kinda like game, play for a while and run into 3CVs per match and...... quit.  The 5 Year Plan is working Comrade.

CVs are good proletarians too comrade, they deserve our respect as brothers in the fight against the capitalist pigs. You on the other hand are questioning party line, go to GULAG.

14 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Oink Goltz!  Bacon !!! 

You capitalist bacon pig!

• Funny 2

[5D8]
Members
103 posts
6,142 battles
6 hours ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

You can expect this situation roughly once every five random matches, based on my study of Tier IV CV frequency.

You took one snapshot of data in your personal experience over a month ago and you tout it non-stop like it is current, relevant or accurate. It is none of those things, except it was what was recorded in a small window. My personal saw me experience 17 matches in a row with 6 carriers in each one. It was on a Saturday when player population was at its highest. Should I run around saying 6 carriers are 100% going to happen? I would be hammered for it, because it is not true. But, it is just as true as your little snippet you load into everyone of these threads. You need new material.

I stopped playing that day. I missed the game for a while, or so I thought. Every time I thought I might come back I came to this forum first and the attitude about the problems of the game by posters like you quickly reminded me why I was better off not playing. Then it occurred to me that what I missed was what the game could be and never was. Now I pop by once a week to see if hell freezes over. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this