Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Getting Short Changed on Moskva Replacement?

12 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
628 posts
15,231 battles

My understanding is that the heavy cruiser Moskva at 65000hp and 220mm guns is going to be replaced with a light cruiser Alexander Nevsky at 50900hp and 180mm guns. Why are we not getting the heavy cruiser Petropovlovsk, still with low 55800hp but the same 220mm guns as the Moskva?. Doesn't seem like a fair trade getting a light cruiser for heavy. We are getting less of a ship at Tier 10 than we had.

• Confused 2

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
19 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

My understanding is that the heavy cruiser Moskva at 65000hp and 220mm guns is going to be replaced with a light cruiser Alexander Nevsky at 50900hp and 180mm guns. Why are we not getting the heavy cruiser Petropovlovsk, still with low 55800hp but the same 220mm guns as the Moskva?. Doesn't seem like a fair trade getting a light cruiser for heavy. We are getting less of a ship at Tier 10 than we had.

So many things wrong about this statement....

Moskva is not going away, if you have Moskva, you keep it.  If you don't have it, by my understanding - Moskva will be available for coal.

Nevesky is replacing Moskva and Kotovsky is replacing Kirov to make the line strictly light cruisers.  It is not clear if you get Nevesky or Kotovsky automatically upon split or if you have to regrind them from the previous ship.

The split is meant to have heavy and light cruisers (2 seperate lines). 

We are actually getting the chance to have 3 tier X Russian Cruisers (not including Smolensk) - instead of just the Moskva.

• Cool 1

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
628 posts
15,231 battles
4 minutes ago, jmanII said:

So many things wrong about this statement....

Moskva is not going away, if you have Moskva, you keep it.  If you don't have it, by my understanding - Moskva will be available for coal.

Nevesky is replacing Moskva and Kotovsky is replacing Kirov to make the line strictly light cruisers.  It is not clear if you get Nevesky or Kotovsky automatically upon split or if you have to regrind them from the previous ship.

The split is meant to have heavy and light cruisers (2 seperate lines). 

We are actually getting the chance to have 3 tier X Russian Cruisers (not including Smolensk) - instead of just the Moskva.

1. I never said the Moskva was going away.

2. If they are replacing it in the tech tree then, again why not with the same heavy cruiser gunned ship like the Petropovlovsk?

I understand the split but the Moskva is not a light cruiser.

• Confused 3

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
8 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

1. I never said the Moskva was going away.

2. If they are replacing it in the tech tree then, again why not with the same heavy cruiser gunned ship like the Petropovlovsk?

I understand the split but the Moskva is not a light cruiser.

Moskva is not a light cruiser, that is why it is being removed from the old line.

As you look at the line as it is now, it seems Moskva is being replaced by Nevesky....but since it is splitting, the Moskva is really being replaced by Petro as both are heavies. 

Why they decided to make a new ship rather than move Moskva, I don't know.

Either way, we are not getting short changed by Moskva "replacement".

• Cool 1

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
681 posts
17,648 battles

Any word on the people that have the perma camo for Moskva? 

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
628 posts
15,231 battles
1 minute ago, Black_Sheep9 said:

I think that subject has been beaten to death in this forum. I'll let you know when it goes premium.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,133 posts
4,970 battles
21 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

If they are replacing it in the tech tree then, again why not with the same heavy cruiser gunned ship like the Petropovlovsk?

They want the tier 10 to match better with the rest of the tech tree. But they still are adding in/keeping heavier Russian cruisers via the Petro line split.

[BUOY]
Members
994 posts
14,466 battles
Just now, Black_Sheep9 said:

The only thing they're saying is that if you have the permaflage 'you get to keep the permaflage'. No further details on what this means beyond that.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,984 posts
14,272 battles
1 hour ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Doesn't seem like a fair trade getting a light cruiser for heavy.

The reason you are getting the Nevsky (assuming you aren't asked to regrind) in place of the Moskva is that when the split happens, the Nevsky will be what the Moskva is now: THE SHIP THAT IS REACHED BY GRINDING THE DONSKOI.

In addition, because you will be keeping the Moskva if you already have it, or ever owned it in the history of the game, you will already have a Tier 10 heavy cruiser (the Moskva itself) to hold the line while you grind to the Petropavlovsk.

Personally, I couldn't care less. I have the Moskva in port and I'll be getting the "special" (T10 premium) version when the line drops. I'll grind out the Nevsky and the Petro in their own good time.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,599 posts
10,459 battles
1 hour ago, Willy55_1955 said:

You get to keep the Moskva, so you aren't losing a heavy cruiser.  It will be even more versatile because you will be able to use any captain it without paying any retraining fees.  And, if you didn't have permanent camo for it, now you do.  The replacement light cruiser Alexander Nevsky better fits the line with all the other light cruisers in the lead up to the tier 10.  No one is losing out.

I do hope they allow the purchasers of  permanent camo for the Moskva to either get a copy for the replacement or get a dubloon compensation for it.  Note:  I don't have it so it doesn't affect me.

Members
4,339 posts
11,177 battles

Yes Petro fits the role of Moskva more as a 220mm CA, but Nevsky is in Moskva’s place in the tech tree (t10 main branch). If we get a ship compensation for Moskva, it would be Nevsky which fits the pattern of prior line splits (old ship in new tree position and new ship in old tree position).

They haven’t said we will get the tech tree replacement, and while I could see WG saying we’re getting a ‘premium’ for free so we won’t get Nevsky, the problem that brings up is RB access since you need 5 t10 tech tree ships and you’re losing one of them that you had (which could be someone’s fifth t10). 

All that’s been definitely announced regarding camo is any camos on Moskva will stay with Moskva, and Moskva will be getting the typical t10 special ship permacamo as well. Nothing about compensation, either from buying one of the doubloon camos or using your infernal camo on Moskva. If it’s like previous splits we should get the permacamo for the replacing ship (even if we have to research and buy the ship itself) for free, but that’s only applied to the normal permacamo rather than a special one like the space or infernal option. If that doesn’t happen, hopefully they’d allow people with a permacamo to either refund it for doubloons or unlink the infernal camo, but after the last year I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get any compensation. That wouldn’t affect me since I don’t have a permacamo on Moskva yet, but I’d feel bad for the people that do. 

[STURM]
Members
707 posts
5,737 battles

So, getting a free light cruiser and an economy buff to an already owned ship is worth complaining about?

See, this is why WG would rather look at spreadsheets than listen to players. Why should they take complaints seriously when people even complain about getting free stuff?

Edited by Muninn77

Sign in to follow this