Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

Player Stats

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

I was comparing my stats to a certain other person's and I noticed in some cases my avg experience was significantly higher..  and this seemed to be fairly consistent... 

I am seeing my avg exp with half as many games in the same ship is often 1.5-2x the other player's...  

Is the exp displayed always base exp? or are the stats pages reporting after modifiers? premium vs non?  (doesn't make sense)   Guessing exp earnings have been tweaked along the way, but anyone recall if there were significant changes?

I've only played around 100 games in the last oo maybe 3 years, and 90+ of those have happened in the last couple weeks..

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

premium account gets bonus to base XP listed.    so that is the big difference. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
4 minutes ago, centarina said:

premium account gets bonus to base XP listed.    so that is the big difference. 

Sorry not sure if you are responding to match stats or your player stats page, which is what I am referring too.. when it says your average exp in a particular ship for example it must mean base exp surely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

the exp earned per match as shown in stat is base exp modified with premium account bonus if you have it during the match.   i never understood why WG did it this way, but it has been like that since beta testing (probably even earlier)     this makes it such that it is impossible to compare performance of player using exp.       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
2 minutes ago, centarina said:

the exp earned per match as shown in stat is base exp modified with premium account bonus if you have it during the match.   i never understood why WG did it this way, but it has been like that since beta testing (probably even earlier)     this makes it such that it is impossible to compare performance of player using exp.       

wow... ok yeah i didn't expect that at all..  99% sure in wot its base... but its been awhile since i took a real look at it...  that's definitely the wrong way to do it, especially if a player only pays for premium some of the time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,420
[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
34 minutes ago, SKurj said:

wow... ok yeah i didn't expect that at all..  99% sure in wot its base... but its been awhile since i took a real look at it...  that's definitely the wrong way to do it, especially if a player only pays for premium some of the time.

Yeah, it is really dumb for the WR stats that you can see to be the ones modified by a premium account (and who knows what else).  It would have been much more informative to have listed base XP.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,188
[WOLF3]
Members
29,787 posts
25,727 battles
59 minutes ago, centarina said:

premium account gets bonus to base XP listed.    so that is the big difference. 

I remember when WoWS didn't do that.  They changed it to include modifiers and I never liked that.  With only base values, that was good, it was raw and everyone was on a level playing field as far as looking at stats went.

 

I really wish they undid that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,294
[SALVO]
Members
6,901 posts
5,447 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I remember when WoWS was newer, that wasn't so.  Not long after launch WG had modifers such as you mentioned be counted, and I never liked that.  With only base values, that was good, it was raw and everyone was on a level playing field as far as looking at stats went. I really wish they undid that.

As F2P freeloader, I vehemently protest by this discriminatory double standard in ratings. No more discrimination. #equalbaseXP

Rally for picket at 13:00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,761
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,937 posts
18,230 battles

You could go to the warships NA stats page if you are wanting to compare players stats on the NA server. They do a Personal Rate which is a combination of a couple different stats. I can't swear to it but it seems it is win rate, damage, xp (i think) maybe something else?. 

However keep in mind it is a 3rd party site so it is not controlled or maintained by WG.

The most common stats that seem to be compared is win rate WR and personal rate PR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,779
[FEM]
Members
9,191 posts
11,955 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

You could go to the warships NA stats page if you are wanting to compare players stats on the NA server. They do a Personal Rate which is a combination of a couple different stats. I can't swear to it but it seems it is win rate, damage, xp (i think) maybe something else?. 

However keep in mind it is a 3rd party site so it is not controlled or maintained by WG.

The most common stats that seem to be compared is win rate WR and personal rate PR

PR is a combo of WR, survival, KDR, kills per match, damage, planes murdered, and average tier, iirc.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

That's ok, I just saw the point about exp standing out like a sore thumb and wondered wth....  for me.. simplified, i'd likely just look at WR and avg damage by ship... if i were comparing players...  i know now not to look at exp.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,761
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,937 posts
18,230 battles
11 minutes ago, KrasnyKrimzonOktyabrskya said:

PR is a combo of WR, survival, KDR, kills per match, damage, planes murdered, and average tier, iirc.

Thanks! :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×