Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Hippo

Odds of winning a battle

33 comments in this topic

[COMRD]
Members
83 posts
4,559 battles

The odds are a roll of the dice. Unfortunately, the dice are loaded.

PS "Big Brother"; please stop deleting my posts. Thankyou.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 4

[WORX]
Members
10,603 posts
18,506 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Statistics disagrees with your statement...

%90 percentile of all WOWS server regions population of players, fall into the %45 to %55 WR.

If the dice were loaded, to favor WOWS or the player... A high standard of deviation would be present and rather noticeable...

As it stands... There is no validity in the numbers to sustain your accusation.

I would want loaded dice, It will break the current conditions (either you will be a total fail or the other extreme winning to much).

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
25 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Dice are not loaded and you have no hidden posts from the beginning.
Now we all need to somehow live with this. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BOTO]
Members
1,260 posts
15,361 battles
28 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

You can improve your odds by improving as a player.

Or you can do like so many players and keep thinking that you have no control over your own WR.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,336 posts
3,773 battles
8 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Lol. I was gonna post something but you killed it mate. First laugh of the day.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I believe that MM is not quite balanced...  until teams are balanced taking divisions into account, your odds of winning will be heavily influenced by the number of players in divisions in the match.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ANKER]
Members
232 posts
4,851 battles
13 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I believe that MM is not quite balanced...  until teams are balanced taking divisions into account, your odds of winning will be heavily influenced by the number of players in divisions in the match.

Now this is a FACT.

Edited by 9TenSix2Eight

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,852 battles
27 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Mot only that but the ccs and purple clans get special mm. They are always on teams with good players playing against teams full of 40 percenters. Ever notice how everyone sails broadside to them?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
Just now, monpetitloup said:

Mot only that but the ccs and purple clans get special mm. They are always on teams with good players playing against teams full of 40 percenters. Ever notice how everyone sails broadside to them?

Sorry man, my Dr has me off the booze and drugs atm

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,852 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Sorry man, my Dr has me off the booze and drugs atm

Because with your 1k battles you have had time to make any observations?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
6 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I have highlighted the biggest laugh in your post...    guess as I have so few battles you assume I am one of those sailing broadside for them?

Wargaming's MM is nothing new to me, it is very similar in their other titles, it ain't perfect but I have never seen this in the thousands of battles I have fought "balanced" by this thing.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,239 posts
12,607 battles

One feature of statistics is, with enough samples, individual suffering no longer matters.

And that's the source of the disconnection between WG's spreadsheet and players' enjoyment.

Edited by chewonit

[PMWC1]
Members
165 posts
5,269 battles

I know matchmaking is random but it can still be infuriating.

I track my games via matchmaker and I’ve been on the worse team for my last 21 randoms straight.  Record in those, 3–18.

I played for 2 months around 55% win rate to finally get my account to 50%.  Now that’s gone in 3 days.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
9 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

if you doubt me there is an app to make analyzing this easier for you: mxStat, can show you the team list with the stats for each player.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,908 posts
8,162 battles
1 hour ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Or you can do like so many players and keep thinking that you have no control over your own WR.

It's another example of "black or white" syndrome we see here so often.

Just like many feel that if you don't YOLO, you're hiding from everything and playing in a completely passive manner, they believe that if you don't have absolute control over your WR, you have none whatsoever.

The dice are indeed "loaded", but there's only one for each team, and WG has nothing to do with it.

Each individual player on a team adds or takes away a bit of the lead filling on the '1' face. The net result can easily be an unloaded die, or ine not loaded as much as the enemy's.

The problem many have is that WG isn't adding lead to one die or the other to equalise them.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,908 posts
8,162 battles
59 minutes ago, DM31 said:

I know matchmaking is random but it can still be infuriating.

I track my games via matchmaker and I’ve been on the worse team for my last 21 randoms straight.  Record in those, 3–18.

I played for 2 months around 55% win rate to finally get my account to 50%.  Now that’s gone in 3 days.

If you played for 2 months at a 55% WR, you'll likely do that again overall in the next two months.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
790 posts
5,871 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Ever notice how many games cc’s have played compared to how many videos they post on YouTube or other posts! Flambass has posted “Spesshull” videos before where you see a bad game. Difference is that he’s a far better player than a lot of us! Always gonna be some games with broadsiding BBs/CA/CL and Youtubers will always post the “massive game” videos. You wouldn’t watch them is they were just average games.

its easy to blame “bad teams” or “loaded dice” but we’re the only person who can select the ship we’re about to play and have control over our own mouse and keyboard. I’m average at best but try to learn from my mistakes some of which are so instilled in my brain that it’s hard to correct ... but I’m trying!

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles

Please refrain from any attempts of personal attacks or stat shaming just to keep discussion civil and keep everybody's mood.

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,852 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

if you doubt me there is an app to make analyzing this easier for you: mxStat, can show you the team list with the stats for each player.

i use mmm

0 posts
3 hours ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

loaded by your actions. If you play badly, that will have an unfortunate effect on your chances of winning.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,336 posts
3,773 battles
11 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Please refrain from any attempts of personal attacks or stat shaming just to keep discussion civil and keep everybody's mood.

Dude, you are killing me...

this guy:

2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

This guy is full broadside waiting for a Devstrike... and I can't shoot. Boo.

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
2 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Turbo07, with respect, I think I see where the OP was headed.....  An example:  multiple Random losses in a row.......no matter how well you individually play.........over and over and over again....  Why?  Because there isn't a random distribution of player skills at densities the current MM can survive, without having constant +/- stomps.............  Because there isn't a way to cross check "skill" against the ship distribution in the one dimensional MM......  It is a statistical chance to be put on a team that is pre-dispositioned to win or lose because there aren't enough "average players" in the population to support "the 66% expected outcomes" those players represent....!   2/3 of the time you could expect a close game earlier..........now, it's more of 2/3 of the time you violently win or violently lose......  That makes it seem as if there are "odds" because "chance" is and has become the metric of the outcomes......  Add in the silliness of "other reward practices" and.............this is what you get............in mature game cycles.

Nothing is "wrong".......it's just that we've lost people, moved people around to find something "comfortable: play style wise and, to be honest, have introduce too many dissimilar weapons gimmick which have destabilized a great many's expectations and THAT, cause them to move...........somewhere.   Take me as an example:  I have stopped playing Randoms.  One less average player.  And, a great many others have stopped playing Randoms because they have become "gimmick fests" that are no fun for DD players anymore.....    

Perception has become reality in new players.......

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

i use mmm

as a new player i didn't know what mmm was, but i have managed to find it... and its been broken since 0.9.0... oh well I'll stay with mxstats for now.  

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,852 battles
5 minutes ago, SKurj said:

as a new player i didn't know what mmm was, but i have managed to find it... and its been broken since 0.9.0... oh well I'll stay with mxstats for now.  

get the new one from its discord. btw why do you think wg broke it?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
9 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

get the new one from its discord. btw why do you think wg broke it?

I didn't say wg broke it, but the mmm dev says it is broken on their webpage.  I may try the one off the discord, but i've never got onboard with the whole discord movement...  i don't see the point.. but that's just me.

But thanks for introducing me to the app, i'll keep an eye for it.... actually no i won't... it appears to have some similarities to XVM (used in world of tanks to display similar info about players on both teams) i won't use that kind of thing, it adds nothing positive to the game.

LaeGbe0.png

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this