Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

I just love my new Georgia!!!

14 comments in this topic

Members
754 posts
72 battles

So I jumped the gun last night and bought Georgia, which was a ship that had went a bit under the radar for me, hadnt really seen much of it. But O...M....G what a ship!!! This is my first game I played in the ship and I got:

• 6 Kills
  • 177 K Damage
  • Kraken Unleashed
  • Confederate (triggering Halseys perk with faster reload)
  • High Caliber
  • Devestating strike
  • 2 x Close Quarters Expert

I read the review from Little White Mouse and followed some of his/her advise for captainbuild (went a bit in between tank and manly build)

What is you setup on you Georgia? Is there a better build for it?

My setup and captain build in the end of the video.

• Cool 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,104 posts
11,733 battles

Nice, GG. Don’t have georgia yet but I’ve read LWM review and will build very similar. Currently hoarding coal in the hopes to have enough to use coupon in June to get Georgia and Marceau....if she’s ever released

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,023 posts
13,099 battles

Congratulations

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
1 hour ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I read the review from Little White Mouse and followed some of his/her advise for captainbuild (went a bit in between tank and manly build)

LWM is most definitely a young Lady.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,104 posts
11,733 battles
3 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Anyone else having another build on theirs? Maybe switching the T3 fire skill for DE instead? Maybe thats not viable?!

I mean I don’t think that’s bad but I’d still rather take the fire duration reduction personally

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles
6 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

What is you setup on you Georgia?

Expert Loader, Expert Marksman, Superintendent, AFT, Manual Secondaries. Because Halsey. And both secondary modules.

I decided that an extra charge each of heal and speed were worth more than 10% rate of fire on the secondaries. That's my only concession to survivability. Everything else is going to be pure gunfire. Next up will be Demolition Expert for the BBQ and finally preventive Maintenance and Priority Target in either order.

I will be using her in co-op a lot, so sustained survivability over a 20 minute battle isn't a primary concern for me. If I need her for serious stuff, I'll put in my survival-build NC captain.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF9]
Members
453 posts

190k coal & counting. 228k will be right around the corner because I still have Georgia on my mind. ( just glad I don’t live there!)

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

If it' still in there I may have to look at this one seriously when I have the coal again. Sounds Nice!

Members
222 posts
9,987 battles

I don't have Georgia yet but I love my secondary Kurfurst. If you drop BoS and EM you can swap some stuff around and still get fire prevention (works great on Kurfurst): 

PT, PM

AR

BFT (or SI)

AFT

Man Sec

Fire Prevention 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,225 posts
9,984 battles
5 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

If it' still in there I may have to look at this one seriously when I have the coal again. Sounds Nice!

It's definitely worth it.

I have a dedicated captain for it (well, technically he's trained for NC, but I don't play it much) who's mostly about the secondaries, but my Iowa survival-spec captain does quite well in it also.

TBH, the biggest plus to it for me is the ridiculous repair cooldown. If you get badly burned, and need 2 repairs to fix it, you don't have to hide for very long.

Members
754 posts
72 battles

How efficient is Manual secondary on a ship like Georgia? Since its a 4 pointer I dont want to waste them. I have AFT, is Man Sec worth 4 points or should I go with the fire reducing skill?

[DAS]
Members
1,015 posts
9,704 battles

I just bought the JB so down to about 0 coal, but the Georgia is on my list of ships to get. If not for the JB being removed, I would have bought the Georgia instead.

Sign in to follow this