Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

Match Maker....AGAIN

28 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts

Fifteen Sixteen Seventeen Eighteen Nineteen Twenty-three games so far today.  Starting with tier six European destroyer, and working my way up to the tier 8 European destroyer.  Doing the base xp missions to get the fancy permanent camouflages.  What I am noticing is that I am almost 100% up tiered in these matches.   Only two games so far where I am top tier....wth??  Did WG rig MM to screw you over if you play a European destroyer?  What is wrong with match maker?

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T5s <----yay, top tier

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T5s<-----yay, top tier

T6 vs. T7s

T7 vs. T9s

T6 vs. T8s  <----finished the T6 camo mission

T7 vs. T8s

T7 vs. T9s

T7 vs. T9s

T8 vs. T9s

T7 vs T9s

T8 vs T10s

T7 vs T9s

T7 vs T8s

T7 vs T5s <-----oh, snap!  Lets see where this is going.....edit:  no where

T7 vs T8s

T7 vs T9s

T7 vs T8s

T7 vs T5s

T7 vs T5s <-----Finished the tier 7 mission for the perma camo.  And just when MM was starting to be "nice".

I am not done adding to this list of MM disappointment......I will update as I play.  This is frustrating, and I wonder why my stats are sub par....hmmm.

To sum up todays match maker.  23 games and only 5 games where I was top dog.  12 games I was the bottom tier.  Match maker is still broken.

Edited by db4100
  • Boring 3

[O_O]
Members
6,431 posts
15,317 battles
3 hours ago, db4100 said:

I am not done adding to this list of MM disappointment......I will update as I play.

I remember when I was in your shoes...felt like I was always bottom tier.  So, I also started keeping track of games I played in Tier V-VIII.  I have now tracked between 500-850 games in each tier.  I'll post those results for you when I get home in a few hours.

My results over that many games may surprise you.

• Tier 5 - 350 battles, 223 were bottom tier, or 64%.  Of those bottom tier games, however, 84 contained only T6, so only -1 tier.  Tier 5 is the only tier that regularly sees -1 tier when bottom tiered.
  • Tier 6 - 851 battles, 297 were bottom tier, or 35%.
  • Tier 7 - 884 battles, 198 were bottom tier, or 22%.
  • Tier 8 - 847 battles, 351 were bottom tier, or 41%.

As you can see, with a much larger sample size, things aren't nearly as bleak as one may perceive.

Edited by desmo_2

[WORX]
Members
10,618 posts
18,506 battles

GOTO Co-Op. You'll like the mirror MM rules there.

I dont see a MM problem, I do see a disagreement With MM because the OP refuses to adapt...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles
15 minutes ago, db4100 said:

Fifteen games so far today.  Starting with tier six European destroyer, and working my way up to the tier 8 European destroyer.  Doing the base xp missions to get the fancy permanent camouflages.  What I am noticing is that I am almost 100% up tiered in these matches.   Only two games so far where I am top tier....wth??  Did WG rig MM to screw you over if you play a European destroyer?  What is wrong with match maker?

I lean towards thinking it is T5 & T6 European DD's are poor ships overall. This makes bottom tiered matches more frustrating.

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts
11 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

GOTO Co-Op. You'll like the mirror MM rules there.

I dont see a MM problem, I do see a disagreement With MM because the OP refuses to adapt...

Adapt?  What do you mean?  You like going up against superior ships?  You do know that there is a reason ships are placed in tiers, right?  Let me explain how this works to you.  The game World of Warships is designed for the ships to increase in potency and capabilities as you go up the tiers.  Faster rate of fire, better armor protection, more health points, bigger guns, more range, and better consumables like radar and defensive anti-aircraft.  You get more upgrades for your ship too.  Now does it makes sense why "always" being bottom tier suck?

• Funny 1

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles
32 minutes ago, db4100 said:

Fifteen games so far today.  Starting with tier six European destroyer, and working my way up to the tier 8 European destroyer.  Doing the base xp missions to get the fancy permanent camouflages.  What I am noticing is that I am almost 100% up tiered in these matches.   Only two games so far where I am top tier....wth??  Did WG rig MM to screw you over if you play a European destroyer?  What is wrong with match maker?

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T7s

T7 vs. T9s

T7 vs. T8s

T7 vs. T9s

T7 vs. T9s

T8 vs. T9s

T7 vs T9s

T8 vs T10s

I am not done adding to this list of MM disappointment......I will update as I play.  This is frustrating, and I wonder why my stats are sub par....hmmm.

So you are upset with the fact that you can earn more XP while being bottom tier so you can get to those camos quicker?

Edited by 1SneakyDevil

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts
3 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I lean towards thinking it is T5 & T6 European DD's are poor ships overall. This makes bottom tiered matches more frustrating.

yes, they are challenging to play and they are really vulnerable to being up-tiered

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So you are upset with the fact that you can earn more XP while be bottom tier so you can get to those camos quicker?

for one, as a bottom tier, especially 2 tiers down, you have less of an impact on the game, which translate into you have little say in getting a victory.  You get waaaay more points with a win over damaging higher tier ships.

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,874 battles
38 minutes ago, db4100 said:

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T8s

T6 vs. T7s

T7 vs. T9s

T7 vs. T8s

T7 vs. T9s

T7 vs. T9s

T8 vs. T9s

T7 vs T9s

T8 vs T10s

this is how mm works. btw did you notice that as you win you get matched increasingly with numpties? cause mm works like that too

as for the eu dds they are good torp boats, you can do well, but you have to work:

shot-20.04.04_14.38.47-0929.jpg

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,618 posts
18,506 battles
4 minutes ago, db4100 said:

for one, as a bottom tier, especially 2 tiers down, you have less of an impact on the game, which translate into you have little say in getting a victory.  You get waaaay more points with a win over damaging higher tier ships.

Again its not a MM problem, I lean to user failing to adapt to the situation at hand...

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,891 battles

I have T5/6, both do ok in randoms, even uptiered. I unlocked T7 last night, will try her when I‘m home in 3 hours.

Co op is only a way if you do total crap with the ships, a average loss in randoms should you net more baseXP. I think I can do the 17.5k mission in time, on duty till Tuesday.

Members
465 posts
4,388 battles

if i can remember right MMs try to equal the amounts of times a ship is botton and middle but only after having a sample of 20 or so battles so the first 20 or so battles you are MMs punchbag i mean filler.

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts
5 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

if i can remember right MMs try to equal the amounts of times a ship is botton and middle but only after having a sample of 20 or so battles so the first 20 or so battles you are MMs punchbag i mean filler.

yeah, I think you are right about this

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts
13 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

this is how mm works. btw did you notice that as you win you get matched increasingly with numpties? cause mm works like that too

as for the eu dds they are good torp boats, you can do well, but you have to work:

shot-20.04.04_14.38.47-0929.jpg

I never thought of it that way.  If you win, MM will make it harder to win again.  Makes sense.  

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 hour ago, pepe_trueno said:

i thought I heard this only applies if you stay at the same tier for the entire 20 or so battles...   not sure if it still applies if you change ships....

Members
465 posts
4,388 battles
9 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i thought I heard this only applies if you stay at the same tier for the entire 20 or so battles...   not sure if it still applies if you change ships....

i think its per ship

as always WG loves to fill the game with obscure and counterintuitive mechanics that no one knows for sure how they work

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
10 minutes ago, SKurj said:

It's the last 20 battles in a tier, regardless of ship.  Once you have 20 battles in any tier, the MM will balance it so that you are not bottom tier more than 40 percent of the time for that tier.

Even before they did this, if you looked at a significant number of games, it pretty much worked out this way anyways but now they enforce it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

It's the last 20 battles in a tier, regardless of ship.  Once you have 20 battles in any tier, the MM will balance it so that you are not bottom tier more than 40 percent of the time for that tier.

Even before they did this, if you looked at a significant number of games, it pretty much worked out this way anyways but now they enforce it.

and will this hold true over multiple play sessions/days?  As 20 battles is quite a bit...

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
27 minutes ago, SKurj said:

and will this hold true over multiple play sessions/days?  As 20 battles is quite a bit...

Yes.  Once you play 20 battles at a tier (after whatever patch it was that implemented this - several patches ago now), you will not be bottom tier more than 40% ever again.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

Yes.  Once you play 20 battles at a tier (after whatever patch it was that implemented this - several patches ago now), you will not be bottom tier more than 40% ever again.

sorry Baldy...  one more... I also heard if you hop from tier to tier it resets...?    from your response above I think you are saying it won't. 

Guessing this was probably beaten to death when this change was implemented .. anyone able to simplify the search?

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts
3 hours ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

In every single game where you were bottom tier, there was another player saying, "Yay, top tier", right?

Yes, and I will say that in chat since this is a rare event

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,187 posts
3 hours ago, db4100 said:

Match maker is still broken.

Working as WG intended, for all who yell for SBMM thats what u are getting only it's implemented to suit WGs desire for shorter games and que times , or can anybody else explain the increase in rolfstomps over the last year?

• Boring 1

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles

You have played a little over 20 games spread across three tiers. The matchmaking rule is 20 games for each tier and is enforced by tier.  Go play some more so you have 20 games in each tier. post your results then. what you have posted is the start of meaningful data but there isn't enough there to come to a conclusion.

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles
6 hours ago, db4100 said:

lmbo...that's a defeatist attitude. A smart player will have different strategies for being top or bottom tier.

As bottom tier the longer you stay alive AND deal damage the more you influence the match and get a victory. To boot your XP will be even greater than as top tier because of the ships you are damaging.

So learn how to play a different style as the bottom tier and be that factor in the back half of the match.

Sign in to follow this