You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kagenomure

cruisers opinions

14 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

This is a question for cruiser players or any one with cruiser knowledge. Which cruiser line do you guys like to play and why?I am curious cuase atm im working down french and UK BB and gonna start IJN CVs and been testing some cruisers

From what i gather some cruisers have better range, some have better armor, speed or just walking the line as a jack of all trades

I hope to get some opinions on them to see which would be the best line to go wtih and stick with as i wish to have one full line of each ship tier, BB,Cruisers,DD and CVs so no matter what i feel like playing i will have a ship for each

Just adjusting to each of them as a playstyle is a bit complicated for me as im kind of an agressive all in type of player

[K0]
Members
186 posts
4,303 battles

Japanese seems like the most archetypal cruiser line. I have really enjoyed each ship it upto T8 thus far. Starting to play with the Mogami configurations; she is the good ole AR-15 of warships in how diversely she can be kitted out.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,662 posts
37 minutes ago, Kagenomure said:

This is a question for cruiser players or any one with cruiser knowledge. Which cruiser line do you guys like to play and why?I am curious cuase atm im working down french and UK BB and gonna start IJN CVs and been testing some cruisers

From what i gather some cruisers have better range, some have better armor, speed or just walking the line as a jack of all trades

I hope to get some opinions on them to see which would be the best line to go wtih and stick with as i wish to have one full line of each ship tier, BB,Cruisers,DD and CVs so no matter what i feel like playing i will have a ship for each

Just adjusting to each of them as a playstyle is a bit complicated for me as im kind of an agressive all in type of player

German are very good and are a good bit more durable at higher tiers than most French, UK lights or Japanese. The new UK heavies aren't too bad. I'm at Surrey now and having fun but they have a fairly high skill ceiling. The US lights are a little boring. The US heavies are solid in upper tiers. The Italian line is a steaming pile through Amalfi and then it's pure glory with Brindisi. I can't wait for Venezia.

Edited by thebigblue

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

ok another curious question, which line has the easiest learning curve and which line has the hardest

[WORX]
Members
10,617 posts
18,506 battles
7 minutes ago, Kagenomure said:

ok another curious question, which line has the easiest learning curve and which line has the hardest

none...

You're not learning a ship line, you're learning the ships role in battle.. Since everyone is different, its possible to learn each role...

[PNP]
Members
460 posts
4,206 battles
3 hours ago, Kagenomure said:

My opinion, you can't go wrong with the German cruisers. Hindy is solid for a T10 and fun to play. German hydro is also very handy to have. Save my butt numerous times. 

US cruisers are good too, bit higher firing arcs compared to the Germans but I would stick to the CA side of the tree if you do decide to grind them. The recent IFHE changes really shuffled alot of CLs around. I wouldn't touch em unless you really know what you are doing. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles

If you like to play at Close Ranged fights when feasible, the only viable answer is the German Cruiser Line, but only at High Tier (VIII-X).  The German CAs at High Tier have a peculiar protection scheme that makes them quite annoying to bring down even for a Battleship in a short ranged fight, if you know what you're doing.  They also sport tons of torpedoes in useful launch angles.

Do not take that as me saying you can just rush in and tank stuff to get into knife fighting ranges.  You'll get rekt if you try that.  You have to know when you can aggressively push and get into the knife fight where these things excel.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,390 battles
Tech tree Skill Floor Skill Ceiling Broken OP ships OP ships Balanced Ships Underpowered Ships
Japanese  Average High   Furutaka, Myoko Aoba, Mogami, Zao Ibuki
USA Light Difficult Very High Helena, Worcester Omaha, Cleveland Seattle  
USA Heavy Difficult Very High Pensacola, Baltimore, Des Moines Buffalo    
Russian Average Average Budyonny Shchors Chapayev, Donskoi, Moskva  
Germany Average Low   Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Hindenburg Yorck, Roon Hipper
Italian Low Average   Brindisi Montecuccoli, Amalfi, Venezia Trento, Zara
British Light Very Difficult High   Fiji Leander, Edinburgh, Minotaur Emerald, Neptune
French Low Very Low   Charles Martel Emile, Galiss, Algerie, Louis, HIV  

Table for ships tier 5 and up

Hasn't played British heavy line to T10 yet to give an impression

Low skill floor means its easy to learn and suited for newer players

High skill floor means you will die fast when not played properly

Low skill ceiling means ship is not hard to achieve mastery

High skill ceiling means ship takes months of experience to master

Power level of ships are judged upon highest level of play.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
26 posts
11 battles
19 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Thanks for the skill floor & ceiling explanation :Smile_great:

Members
6 posts
1,507 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 2:46 AM, DolphinPrincess said:

Bold of you to say Italian cruisers have a low skill floor and average skill ceiling on this forum. The prevailing vision is that they're bad, which I personally disagree with. Bold of you to say Italian cruisers have a low skill floor and average skill ceiling on this forum. The prevailing vision is that they're bad, which I personally disagree with.  I like my Montecuccoli even if it can be a bit squishy at times. 

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,376 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 2:32 AM, Kagenomure said:

The RN CLs are probably the most difficult to play due to only having AP and being very squishy.

As far as the easiest, although a lot of people might not agree with this, I'd go with the French.  Fast, long range, decent guns, decent armor, lots of consumables.

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,376 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 5:46 AM, DolphinPrincess said:
Tech tree Skill Floor Skill Ceiling Broken OP ships OP ships Balanced Ships Underpowered Ships
Japanese  Average High   Furutaka, Myoko Aoba, Mogami, Zao Ibuki
USA Light Difficult Very High Helena, Worcester Omaha, Cleveland Seattle  
USA Heavy Difficult Very High Pensacola, Baltimore, Des Moines Buffalo    
Russian Average Average Budyonny Shchors Chapayev, Donskoi, Moskva  
Germany Average Low   Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Hindenburg Yorck, Roon Hipper
British Light Very Difficult High   Fiji Leander, Edinburgh, Minotaur Emerald, Neptune
French Low Very Low   Charles Martel Emile, Galiss, Algerie, Louis, HIV  

Table for ships tier 5 and up

Hasn't played British heavy line to T10 yet to give an impression

This is a nice breakdown and while I might have a few quibbles with it I'd recommend it to players that are new/newish to cruisers.

[WPORT]
Members
5,407 posts
10,457 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 1:43 AM, Kagenomure said:

If it is "just for fun", I like to play the Friant.

I like a number of cruisers, including Takao.  :-)

I do prefer cruisers equipped with torpedo launchers that have good firing arcs, though.  :-)