You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PrinceOfTheOcean

Two 10 point British Captains.

3 comments in this topic

Members
92 posts
1,030 battles

So I got Jack Dunkirk from the Dunkirk collection a while back and bought Caledon (III) but never really played her, scrapped her for silver to get Lexington. I bought Danae today as I also recently finished the April Fools event that gave me "Cap", another 10 point captain, and I decided to build the British Cruiser line. So on Jack Dunkirk I currently have PM, JoAT, EM, and a 3 point skill (either BoS or SE). With this current setup (as I am an FTP and extremely broke) is this setup good for Goliath or Minotaur, and I have another fresh 10 point captain. So do you guys have any suggestions to what skills I should take for either tree, and how I can make my current 10 point captain build work?

I realized that most of the skills I got were redundant, like EM is pretty much useless on the Minotaur and maybe the Goliath (?) Haven't taken a detailed look at the stats for either.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,666 posts
9,483 battles
4 hours ago, PrinceOfTheOcean said:

So I got Jack Dunkirk from the Dunkirk collection a while back and bought Caledon (III) but never really played her, scrapped her for silver to get Lexington. I bought Danae today as I also recently finished the April Fools event that gave me "Cap", another 10 point captain, and I decided to build the British Cruiser line. So on Jack Dunkirk I currently have PM, JoAT, EM, and a 3 point skill (either BoS or SE). With this current setup (as I am an FTP and extremely broke) is this setup good for Goliath or Minotaur, and I have another fresh 10 point captain. So do you guys have any suggestions to what skills I should take for either tree, and how I can make my current 10 point captain build work?

I realized that most of the skills I got were redundant, like EM is pretty much useless on the Minotaur and maybe the Goliath (?) Haven't taken a detailed look at the stats for either.

Cruiser captains in general should get Concealment Expert as soon as possible at 10 points. It’s extremely valuable to be able to go dark and disengage in a class that can be deleted in one salvo by a competent BB player.

IMO, both branches of UK cruisers share an ideal 10 pt captain build:

1) Priority Target - Always pick this first for cruiser captains. In fact, I always pick this first on my DD and BB captains too. Knowing how many players are aiming their guns at you is incredibly valuable.

3) Adrenaline Rush or Expert Marksman - This is an intrresting choice, as both branches don’t need EM at high tiers, but it is good to have at mid tiers. These ships depend on their maneuverability to either avoid shots or angle against incoming damage to survive, and being able to do so while keeping your guns on target is very nice. Adrenaline Rush is a good skill to have on any BB or cruiser.

6) Superintendent - British cruisers have Repair Party starting at tier III when all other tech tree cruisers don’t get it until tier IX. In addition, UK CLs are very dependent on their smoke.

10) Concealment Expert

IMO, your current build is not ideal, but you can make it work for either branch, especially if you keep the captain on mid-tier ships (just get CE ASAP). You can always respec your unique captain for ECXP at a later time to make better use of his special perks.

• Cool 1

Members
383 posts
4,138 battles
7 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Cruiser captains in general should get Concealment Expert as soon as possible at 10 points. It’s extremely valuable to be able to go dark and disengage in a class that can be deleted in one salvo by a competent BB player.

IMO, both branches of UK cruisers share an ideal 10 pt captain build:

1) Priority Target - Always pick this first for cruiser captains. In fact, I always pick this first on my DD and BB captains too. Knowing how many players are aiming their guns at you is incredibly valuable.

3) Adrenaline Rush or Expert Marksman - This is an intrresting choice, as both branches don’t need EM at high tiers, but it is good to have at mid tiers. These ships depend on their maneuverability to either avoid shots or angle against incoming damage to survive, and being able to do so while keeping your guns on target is very nice. Adrenaline Rush is a good skill to have on any BB or cruiser.

6) Superintendent - British cruisers have Repair Party starting at tier III when all other tech tree cruisers don’t get it until tier IX. In addition, UK CLs are very dependent on their smoke.

10) Concealment Expert

IMO, your current build is not ideal, but you can make it work for either branch, especially if you keep the captain on mid-tier ships (just get CE ASAP). You can always respec your unique captain for ECXP at a later time to make better use of his special perks.

Pretty much this, except I don't see EM being necessary .