You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Finally change to BD on Midway. What a difference.

5 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,728 posts

Turns out switching to. DB and damage went way up.

I am Pritty good hiting dd with bombs as well.  Trying land torps can be a really challange even with 6 of them.

Does everyone like torps or bombs better?

Edited by jags_domain

[RLGN]
Members
15,636 posts
27,325 battles

Hate bombers, except for RN. What you have to do to line up for anything even vaguely resembling a decent drop does nothing but get planes killed.

No idea why players like the bloody things.

Torpedoes at least aren't subject to RNG. Those I don't have any trouble getting hits with...

...mostly because I bore in Kamikaze close and don't miss.

[SGSS]
Members
5,728 posts
13 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hate bombers, except for RN. What you have to do to line up for anything even vaguely resembling a decent drop does nothing but get planes killed.

No idea why players like the bloody things.

Torpedoes at least aren't subject to RNG. Those I don't have any trouble getting hits with...

...mostly because I bore in Kamikaze close and don't miss.

Its funny I cabt stand the RN bombers.

If u line up right on a BB I can get 20k damage plus fires

[GRETA]
Members
1,375 posts
10,601 battles

I like all 3 types of Ordinance on the midway however they are very specific in which ones to use when.  The midway is like the swiss army knife of cv.  Db's are great for large targets or smaller island campers.  Trying to use them on small, fast and actively maneuvering targets will allow the RNG gods to troll you pretty hard.  Torpedo bombers are great for the same targets but thanks to heals can hit better protected targets.   They are also great for chasing ships out of smoke and making dd's sail in straight lines.  Rocket planes are great for dd's and light cruisers but can be used to get fires on BB's. 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
980 posts
7,913 battles

Like the person above me stated, all three ordinance are really great. You can have a lot of fun using high explosive bombers on destroyers because they think you're going to brick it but I'm landing at least a quarter damage on them a high percentage of the time.

Torpedo bombers are great too. Around midway through the game is when I start really trying to find battleships that are sailing directly at our ships or directly backward. Those are your key targets for torpedoes as they do not want to show broadside to our fleet.

Edited by Merc_R_Us