You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Blorgh2017

Dear WG: can we get Me 262 on the Tier X CV of the upcoming German CV line? LOLOLOL. xD

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
Members
7,339 posts
6,234 battles

Please hear me out first... because I think the idea actually has some merit. :Smile_hiding:

So, after the CV Rework, Graf Zeppelin lost her Stukas, and got some kind of a phantasy-navalized version of Ta 152 as her bombers. Fair enough, since this game has chucked the idea of 'adhering to historical accuracy as much as possible' out the window... so why not, right? LOL. :Smile_trollface:

I mean, since we came this far on such phantasy setups on all kinds of botes in the game... why don't we have Me 262 as the planes for the upcoming Tier X German CV, Manfred Richthofen?

WeeGee can maybe somehow "navalize" the Me 262 (using their magik), and put it into the game as the first jet plane of World of Warships! I think the idea is mouth watering, TBH... but that's just me, lel. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

In short, put this:

Messerschmitt_Me_262A_at_the_National_Museum_of_the_USAF.thumb.jpg.77bb11ed2b54f1ee1c2fe49893737454.jpg

On this:

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_manfred_1920x1080.jpg.bc801ede680baf37bb8ca5621a09ff4d.thumb.jpg.9bec4eb9f1e0c7414ec47b35d6dd518c.jpg

So that we can go WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH and ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM on the battlefield... lul. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

I mean, when I really think about it... it kinda makes sense. It looks like the whole gimmick of the German air group would be their fast flying speed... and Me 262 fits in so nicely into that mold, because it was really, really, really fast, back in its time.

A biggest irony that I see here is that Me 262 was a REAL aircraft that saw REAL actions during World War 2. Only "phantasy" part of would be that the plane would be "navalized" to fit into the game... but otherwise, a real aircraft on a phantasy carrier bote. Imagine that... or maybe it's just me again, lal. :Smile_trollface:

Still, it may sound very fake overall... but I say that at least it would be very kewl and awesome, lol. :cap_like::cap_win:

I bet doing this would make the line very popular too... me thinks, lel. :Smile_hiding:

If I had my way, Me 262 would fill the roles for all three plane types... but if that's too much, then having them as just the rocket planes would be enough, I say. Besides, look what I found on Wikipedia... lul. :cap_haloween:

Untitled000.thumb.png.0654bf8c4c05e5d9878e5155fa4aaf7d.png

Something similar to that would fit the mold very nicely... wouldn't you say? LAL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Thank you for your time, and stay safe... lol. :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,957 posts
6,096 battles

Besides the historical part,  (that as you signaled WG gives little regard) the problem with the 262 is far better than anything in the game

[WOLF8]
Members
7,339 posts
6,234 battles
53 minutes ago, Talleyrand said:

Besides the historical part,  (that as you signaled WG gives little regard) the problem with the 262 is far better than anything in the game

Well, I'm sure WG can balance that out in some way. Case in point, if Me 262 would be too powerful on an individual basis of plane-vs-plane comparison, then maybe give it a small squadron size, a la Indomitable? That could work.

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

Fun fact..The disparity between jet and piston jet plane balance was how WOWP turned into a desert waste land.

[VVV]
Members
2,681 posts
19 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

first jet plane of World of Warships!

Didn't Midway used to have the FH Phantom way back in the early days?

[L0DGE]
Members
16 posts
2,867 battles

No, that's totally under powered.   Here's what we need: 

Screenshot_2020-04-04 How much damage can a nuclear torpedo do What happens if it hits a battle ship What about if it hits [...].png

Game over man!  Game over.

Edited by Ohiro1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,339 posts
6,234 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Fun fact..The disparity between jet and piston jet plane balance was how WOWP turned into a desert waste land.

Yeah, I heard about that.

Still, I think WoWs is different from WoWP to possibly rein in the "disparity."

A CV player in WoWs doesn't fly an individual aircraft. Instead, they fly a whole squadron. As I mentioned above, if Me 262 is too strong, then WG can reel it in by adjusting the squadron, by giving it very small squadron with very small reserve, and even very slow plane regeneration rate. As matter of fact, I'm even thinking of the level similar to the carpet bomber squadron of the Indomitable, which has incredibly small squadron size, if it's necessary.

I feel like there're ways to rein in any possible problems of such speedy jet planes in this game. It's just me though, and I know people like you will disagree... which is fine, since we all have different ideas and opinions. 

21 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

I wasn't around during the early days of the game, so I do not know.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[90THC]
Members
193 posts
9,268 battles
4 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

Yes, I believe she did... and then they were removed for being too powerful, so they changed it to the Skyraider.

[ICBM]
Members
820 posts
9,317 battles

I mean, if they just used the graphic of the Me 262 without giving the planes any overwhelming tactical advantage, that would be fine. From what I understand, the German planes are already supposed to be faster for ther gimmick, so, sure. Make them fast, give them some disadvangates, make sure they're balanced and put whatever graphic you want. Heck, it could be a squadron of starship enterprises and as long as it's blaanced, I don't care. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,339 posts
6,234 battles
2 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

I mean, if they just used the graphic of the Me 262 without giving the planes any overwhelming tactical advantage, that would be fine. From what I understand, the German planes are already supposed to be faster for ther gimmick, so, sure. Make them fast, give them some disadvangates, make sure they're balanced and put whatever graphic you want.

Pretty much what I was trying to ask for, lol. :Smile_hiding:

And the loud jet sound too... let's not forgot that. Very important, as everyone in the match needs to hear the echoing jet engine... lel. :Smile_trollface:

I'm not asking for some OP Wunderwaffe that's gonna break the game balans. As long as it's just the fastest plane in the game, because it's a jet, then I say it can be in the game like any other plane. I never mentioned anything about any would-be stats or abilities of the plane... rather just asking it being added to the game as a "kewl jet dat go woooosh," lul.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,728 posts
11,706 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, Blorgh2017 said:

Well, I'm sure WG can balance that out in some way. Case in point, if Me 262 would be too powerful on an individual basis of plane-vs-plane comparison, then maybe give it a small squadron size, a la Indomitable? That could work.

Not really, that Jet fared poorly against piston engine fighters. An Me 262s disadvantage would be speed; Speed and reconnaissance.

Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,046 posts
284 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, CrescentSky said:

Yes, I believe she did... and then they were removed for being too powerful, so they changed it to the Skyraider.

No, they were not replaced by skyraiders, they were the regular fighter for Midway back during the RTS era and were only capable of attacking other aircraft, if anything the skyraider replaced what I believe were turboprops who's name escapes me.

Also, it's been a while, but jets from back in the RTS era are actually slower and had less HP then current aircraft if I remember right, so not really OP. In fact, I don't think there really was a reason given as to why they removed jets, they just kinda....did.

While I'd want them to put Jets on the tier X carrier, emphasizing speed, I doubt they'll do it. Still, if they did I would hope that rocket planes would be the Me 262 and dive/torpedo bombers the Hs 132.

Members
133 posts

I mean Germany was the only nation to field a jet powered aircraft in large numbers, however the ME-262 had a very long takeoff run, longer than any ship in the game, so it kinda doesn't work. You'd honestly be better off just using the Ta's that the graff zeppelin has for fighters, it'd be more believable. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,339 posts
6,234 battles
13 hours ago, ModelShip said:

I mean Germany was the only nation to field a jet powered aircraft in large numbers, however the ME-262 had a very long takeoff run, longer than any ship in the game, so it kinda doesn't work. You'd honestly be better off just using the Ta's that the graff zeppelin has for fighters, it'd be more believable. 

You have a point, but...

Have you seen those catapult fighter squadrons on non-CV ships take off, from their tiny catapults? It's reaaaally goofy and silly looking. Some of them even bump into the superstructure, as they start floating into the sky... like some kind of a balloon... lol. :Smile_trollface:

At this point, many minute realistic details have been chucked out the window, by WeeGee themselves. Yeah, Me 262 would have required a very long runway... but if the catapult fighter squadrons on non-CV ships can do it from such tiny catapult, I see no reason for Me 262 to do it from the Tier X German CV... lel. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Members
133 posts
13 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

You have a point, but...

Have you seen those catapult fighter squadrons on non-CV ships take off, from their tiny catapults? It's reaaaally goofy and silly looking. Some of them even bump into the superstructure, as they start floating into the sky... like some kind of a balloon... lol. :Smile_trollface:

At this point, many minute realistic details have been chucked out the window, by WeeGee themselves. Yeah, Me 262 would have required a very long runway... but if the catapult fighter squadrons on non-CV ships can do it from such tiny catapult, I see no reason for Me 262 to do it from the Tier X German CV... lel. :Smile_trollface:

Ha Ha! good point mate! It does look goofy, especially watching three fighters take off from a single catapult! :Smile_veryhappy: