You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

Des Moines

14 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
1,015 posts
9,740 battles

So I unlocked the Des Moines a few days ago and noticed that the guns only have a range of 15.1 km. I find this very short so I am thinking about taking the range increase mod instead of the reload mod.

What do you guys do?

[K-POP]
Members
4,854 posts
13,482 battles

Definitely reload since you can’t get the LM anymore until they move to the RB next patch. 15km honestly is fine since you’re typically going to be closer to the action anyway (you’re a mid to close cap support and island hugging ship, not a long range open water he spammer), plus your floaty shells means the only things you’ll be hitting at those extended ranges are stationary ships. 

[DAS]
Members
1,015 posts
9,740 battles
3 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Yeah hitting moving stuff at 15k with the DMs snowflake shells is very difficult. Find a island, hide, spam.

I can hit at those ranges with the American light cruisers, but okay I will learn to my islands my wifus.

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
52 minutes ago, epojokke said:

So I unlocked the Des Moines a few days ago and noticed that the guns only have a range of 15.1 km. I find this very short so I am thinking about taking the range increase mod instead of the reload mod.

What do you guys do?

For randoms you should probably take reload and work around the 15.8 km range, for competitive you might want to go with range instead assuming you can't get the UU for it until they rework the UUs.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,893 posts
25,782 battles

DM was my most used, successful Tier X Cruiser.  I played her aggressively forward where range wasn't an issue.  The shells were floaty anyways.  What I was really after were Destroyers at around the caps.

I ran her with MBM3 for ages.  I was reluctant to try the Legendary, which goes into Slot 6, BTW.  But when I finally did get the Legendary, it completely changed how the ship sailed.  Like night and day.  MBM3 became a distant memory.

[SGSS]
Members
5,788 posts
2 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Legendary mod really makes the DM.  Very unfortunate they had to move them to Research Bureau.

Its not moving till December.

[SGSS]
Members
5,788 posts
2 hours ago, epojokke said:

What do you guys do?

Reload. Under 5 sec reload and you cabt hit much past that anyway.

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
14 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Its not moving till December.

You have until December to complete the mission for it if you already have it. The missions stopped appearing two patches ago.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,893 posts
25,782 battles

US Cruiser shells during a live fire exercise just before the onset of WWII:

D-Day Anniversary: Photographer Parachutes To Honor To WWII Vets ...

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,788 posts
11 hours ago, Hermetica said:

You have until December to complete the mission for it if you already have it. The missions stopped appearing two patches ago.

Did not know that.  I stoped playing for a year so I missed that part.

I am going to grind for the Midway maybe the Wor and see what they do with it

I am sure if you have it you get what ever they are going to do.

Members
37 posts
11,041 battles

I used the range mod on the DM before the legendary mod and i had about 59% win rate. I enjoyed having that range and if you can hit above 14km+ then go for the range since DM has fast reload built in

[WOLF9]
Members
458 posts

I enjoyed the range mod too. People didn’t  expect to be touched beyond 16 km.  But I have been using the LM lately and it is nice to be able to get places a little quicker, but I still miss the extra range.