SKurj

What do these stars, bars and numbers represent?

12 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Haven't managed to find anything indicating what these represent...  and I see a lot of different ones apart from these.  Is there a guide or listing somewhere?

9LiUqLP.png

[WOLFO]
Members
445 posts
3,680 battles

that and the decals that appear on the ship themselves, the purple asterisk, the gold lion head thing, etc. I wish they had legends, and displayed the ship boat icon next to the name, or on the line somewhere. If I don't know the name of the boat, the picture is not always apparent, for me. I'd like to see the DD,CA,BB,CV ship icons on the results listing. I have put a feature request for it.

[FML]
Members
3,738 posts
14,861 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 2:43 PM, SKurj said:

Haven't managed to find anything indicating what these represent...  and I see a lot of different ones apart from these.  Is there a guide or listing somewhere?

9LiUqLP.png

As noted above, they are the player's rank from the last ranked season.  IIrc gold is from a 'true' ranked season, silver is from a 'ranked sprint' season. 

[FML]
Members
3,738 posts
14,861 battles
On 4/5/2020 at 3:14 AM, iamSamoth said:

that and the decals that appear on the ship themselves, the purple asterisk, the gold lion head thing, etc. I wish they had legends, and displayed the ship boat icon next to the name, or on the line somewhere. If I don't know the name of the boat, the picture is not always apparent, for me. I'd like to see the DD,CA,BB,CV ship icons on the results listing. I have put a feature request for it.

Not exactly sure what you mean, but certain 'ARP' ships, including ARP Kongo, Myoko and Takao have carious purple, green, yellow, red and etc colours representing various ships from that anime series.  It dates back to (2016?) when WoWS and that anime did a collaboration.  Similarly, there are some Myoko clones like Southern Dragon that have different skins.  In no way do they mean anything other than they are showing the unique camoflage.  And, until recently, they were actually a nerf because those camos did not have the standard -3% detection bonus (they have since been aligned though).  

Is that what you meant?

Members
2,889 posts
5,552 battles

I was really sad when my gold star from the last Ranked season got replaced with the silver star from Ranked Sprint. Apparently the most recent ranked event takes precedence, so if you rank out in normal Ranked and get Rank 5 in the following Sprint, silver Rank 5 is what will show. I was kinda hoping the normal Ranked would take precedence until the next Ranked season.

[JMMAF]
Members
2,028 posts
6,682 battles

i can help with this!!

[TIMT]
Members
209 posts
2,630 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 10:14 AM, iamSamoth said:

I'd like to see the DD,CA,BB,CV ship icons on the results listing. I have put a feature request for it.

They are listed by class in the battle lineup, and the icons are color-coded: dark-grey for BBs, blue-ish for Cruisers, and light-grey for DDs. Maybe you have some mod installed that messes with that?

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
90 posts

Yes, there is a graphic in the News article about Ranked Battles that shows all the symbols and number of stars, etc. Open the Game Center for WOWS, scroll the news articles on the right hand side till you get to Ranked Battles Seventeenth Season.

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
888 posts
17,159 battles
On 7/20/2020 at 11:51 PM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I was really sad when my gold star from the last Ranked season got replaced with the silver star from Ranked Sprint. Apparently the most recent ranked event takes precedence, so if you rank out in normal Ranked and get Rank 5 in the following Sprint, silver Rank 5 is what will show. I was kinda hoping the normal Ranked would take precedence until the next Ranked season.

rank sprint isnt suppose to  reflect what you got on a normal rank season   if you finished around rank 10 in a normal rank season  you should be starting around rank 14 on the next normal rank season , if you finish rank 6 in rank sprint  then you might start the next rank sprint  at rank 10  but what you do in normal rank and rank sprint shouldnt reflect  the other .

but the best person to answer is moderator HAPA 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

Members
2,889 posts
5,552 battles
8 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

rank sprint isnt suppose to  reflect what you got on a normal rank season   if you finished around rank 10 in a normal rank season  you should be starting around rank 14 on the next normal rank season , if you finish rank 6 in rank sprint  then you might start the next rank sprint  at rank 10  but what you do in normal rank and rank sprint shouldnt reflect  the other .

but the best person to answer is moderator HAPA 

Yes, I know, I was just saying that in terms of the icon display next to your name, the most recent Ranked or Ranked Sprint takes precedence. I.e. if you ranked out in Season 16, you would have the gold star for Rank 1 displayed next to your user name, but if you participated in just one game in the following Ranked Sprint and lost, you'd display a silver Rank 10 instead. I would like Ranked levels to take display order precedence over Ranked Sprint at least so that the highest level to take precedence, i.e., if you made Rank 3 in Season 16 of normal Ranked, gold Rank 3 would display until you had gotten Rank 2 or higher in Ranked Sprint 12, which followed Ranked Season 16.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 1

[NWS]
Members
250 posts
6,440 battles
On 7/21/2020 at 6:51 AM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Yes that didn't used to happen, shame they changed it.

• Sad 1