You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
esporcalhador

Which is the best cruiser line?

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles

The rier 10 goal is why players pick a line.

For Clan wars:

Moskva.

Des moines.

Tie for Venezia or Hindy.

Randoms:

Des Moines.

Hindy.

Tie for Venezia or Zao.

Moskva.

Moskva excels at holding a point, protecting its side with an island and bow tanking.

In randoms, this strategy gets you killed as your team of randoms often leave you.

The American hvy cruiser line pretty tanky bow in.

NOTE MOSKVA soon will become a special class ship like coal ships.

You should end up with 1 tier 10, possibly 2 , when the Russian cruiser line splits.

Also, KIROV will become a premium

Members
3 posts
338 battles
9 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The rier 10 goal is why players pick a line.

For Clan wars:

Moskva.

Des moines.

Tie for Venezia or Hindy.

Randoms:

Des Moines.

Hindy.

Tie for Venezia or Zao.

Moskva.

Moskva excels at holding a point, protecting its side with an island and bow tanking.

In randoms, this strategy gets you killed as your team of randoms often leave you.

The American hvy cruiser line pretty tanky bow in.

NOTE MOSKVA soon will become a special class ship like coal ships.

You should end up with 1 tier 10, possibly 2 , when the Russian cruiser line splits.

Also, KIROV will become a premium

okay, so when Moskva will become a special class?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
1 hour ago, esporcalhador said:

2and update from now.

Next update is full Pan European dd line and capt campaign.

Then the next update after that RU cruiser split.

Members
4,356 posts
11,269 battles
1 hour ago, esporcalhador said:

9.3 at the earliest (May 6th on this server), but it could be later than that. Nothing’s been announced yet besides that the Russian cruiser split (when Moskva becomes a special ship) will be the line released after the pan EU DDs. 

If you’re as new as your account says you are, you likely won’t make it all the way to Moskva in time if it’s only a month away (and if you’re that new you definitely shouldn’t be rushing up a line anyway), but you should at least make it up to Kirov. As a new player, it’s a lot more helpful to work on a few lines at the same time so you don’t progress to quickly before you’ve really learned the game.

What I’d suggest is work on the Russian and US cruiser lines, and potentially the German cruisers and battleships up to tier 5. When you get Kirov, make sure you buy it and play a battle right away, and then don’t sell it. 

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles

Depends on what tier you want to spend your free time in and what cruiser role you like to play...

Heavy Cruisers are disproportionate against DDs

Light cruisers after tier 7 have useless guns against tier 9 ships.

So I dont know what to recommend so I suggest try them all.

Members
383 posts
4,124 battles
15 hours ago, esporcalhador said:

I'm new in the game, i don't know which line of cruiser is the best to start, can someone give me a tip?

There is best, and most fun. 

You also might not like cruisers at all.

I'd personally recommend playing thru different classes within the game, finding what you like and then considering which is best. Or at least start with what you think you would like to be driving in. Like I started playing this game as a DD player since I liked the idea of impacting the game as a "small ship that could" rather then some lumbering BB, but I eventually moved onto driving mainly cruisers due to their adaptability and different play styles. Even low tiers will generally give you a good tastes of what high tier play is like.

Members
31 posts
5,060 battles

As a newer player I tiered up the German line and found it easier as it fostered an aggressive playstyle that didn't require a lot of preplanning.  Sneak around an island and run right at them (to T8 that is).  

[GOCRY]
Members
406 posts

Esporcalhador, what did you end up doing?    There’s a lot of good info in this post.  Going up several lines at once Is a good idea, since it will help you figure out what play style you enjoy the most.  The German line is probably the most forgiving line.