Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raven2303

Nitpicking Bismarck Camo

27 comments in this topic

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles

The Bismarck camo that costs 3k dubloons the one with atlantic stripes up the side of the ship,the flag on the bow and stern of the ship is missing, yes I know this camo is rather ancient but it would be nice for a 3k camo to actually be accurate to the ship in game as it was in life.The Bismarck in dazzle camouflage at Bergen | Heavy cruiser ...

Edited by Raven2303
  • Cool 1

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles

Yes, it is missing the flag on the bow and stern

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles

Doesn't the standard perma camo for all German BB's missing the flag painted on bow and stern? My GK doesn't have it, so is my FdG, and I believe my Gnei, Shiny, and Tirpy too. Bayern and PEF as well. I don't remember for the rest, but I suspect the same, lol. :Smile_hiding:

As for why WeeGee left it out? I have no clue, and I doubt WeeGee will give us a straight answer... lel. :Smile_hiding:

That being said, AFAIK, Bisko does have another "historic" perma camo that matches what she wore on her voyage to Atlantic... the one with yellow turrets. Now, that camo has the flag painted on the ship, IIRC. :fish_book:

So maybe another 5000 doubloons from your pocket? LULULUL. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles
Just now, Blorgh2017 said:

Doesn't the standard perma camo for all German BB's missing the flag painted on bow and stern? My GK doesn't have it, so is my FdG, and I believe my Gnei, Shiny, and Tirpy too. Bayern and PEF as well. I don't remember for the rest, but I suspect the same, lol. :Smile_hiding:

As for why WeeGee left it out? I have no clue, and I doubt WeeGee will give us a straight answer... lel. :Smile_hiding:

That being said, AFAIK, Bisko does have another "historic" perma camo that matches what she wore on her voyage to Atlantic... the one with yellow turrets. Now, that camo has the flag painted on the ship, IIRC. :fish_book:

So maybe another 5000 doubloons from your pocket? LULULUL. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

I dont recall any image of Bismarck having yellow on his turrets, I also heard of red? On him aswell...

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
14 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

The reward for the  “Hunt for the Bismarck” collection is two camos, one that’s before and after she sunk.  But neither have the Nazi flags, rather the German symbol instead.

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles
Just now, BarneyStyle said:

The reward for the  “Hunt for the Bismarck” collection is two camos, one that’s before and after she sunk.  But neither have the Nazi flags, rather the German symbol instead.

Iron Cross, symbol used in Europe before even Denmark was a thing

[-A-8-]
Members
455 posts
19,331 battles

By flag, do you mean the Swastika? If so I know depicting this in video games in Germany has only been allowed within the last couple of years. Even then the connotations linked to it mean that its use will probably not see game developers use it for many years to come.

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles
11 minutes ago, wildgooseman said:

By flag, do you mean the Swastika? If so I know depicting this in video games in Germany has only been allowed within the last couple of years. Even then the connotations linked to it mean that its use will probably not see game developers use it for many years to come.

No, although thats what it had irl, i am aware of the situation of censorship. I am referring to the Iron Cross present on the Last Voyage Camo. 

[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles

3,000 doubloons for a tier 8 perma camo 

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles
1 minute ago, Heed_04 said:

3,000 doubloons for a tier 8 perma camo 

My bad

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles

Yup, the perma camo with the yellow turrets certainly do have the Iron Crosses... lol. :cap_book:

There're actually TWO perma camos that you get from completing the "Hunt for Bisko" collection-- "The Last Conquest - Biscuit" and "From the Bottom of the Ocean - Biscotti." Both have the Iron Crosses... though it's quite fuzzy and worn out on the latter... lel.

Here are screenshots of them on my Bistro.

Untitled01.thumb.png.a357fdf5454dbbdeb1b271fc9070a376.png

Untitled02.thumb.png.64122eef4623a01f1c19a5749a624553.png

OP, if you like the look of "The Last Conquest - Biscotto" camo, and want it, then you can spend some coals for the "Hunt for Bismuth" containers in the Armory. It's only 1000 coals per box... lul. :Smile_teethhappy:

My personal favorite, regardless of the presence of the Iron Cross, is definitely the Unsinkable Mr. Lert Sam camo. I say an image of a mean and angry looking cat that reminds me of Mr. Lert is certainly better than the Iron Cross... lal. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

Untitled03.thumb.png.3071ff811dc64abd6aa01bd973b41c09.png

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles

I have the last conquest collection complete, I do not like the yellow turrets as the ship never had them in real life, BIsmarck had the Atlantic stripes on her last voyage so I find it incredibly inaccurate, would prefer if they just added the Iron crosses onto the 3k dubloons camo.

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
3 hours ago, wildgooseman said:

They need to implement it. Nazi ships don't feel Nazi'esque without the swastika. History aside, it is a beautiful symbol mathematically representing the sun with four 90 degree angles. 4x90=360, a circle, the sun. Same thing with the Japanese flags.

Connotations in a historically accurate game seem dimwitted to assert as a developer. Not displaying the accurate flags doesn't make Nazi minded people not Nazi's. As a matter of fact, they probably view it as oppressive and strive harder to buck the authority. It also comes off as PC and SJW.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 2

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,671 battles
2 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

They need to implement it. Nazi ships don't feel Nazi'esque without the swastika. History aside, it is a beautiful symbol mathematically representing the sun with four 90 degree angles. 4x90=360, a circle, the sun. Same way with the Japanese flags.

No, not really. Sure, it may be historical, but it still has extremely negative connotations associated with it. Some things in history don't need to be brought back up, but if it botheres you that much I'm sure there are mods that do the trick. I believe in the official WoWs modstation there is a mod that changes all IJN flags to the rising sun flag, with the Swastika variant being in Aslains.

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles

Please dont switch topics on this post, make your own if you want to discuss historical flags, even though I would 100% push for the option for it, this is not the forum or what it is discussing.

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
3 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Please dont switch topics on this post, make your own if you want to discuss historical flags, even though I would 100% push for the option for it, this is not the forum or what it is discussing.

You don't own, control, or have any input as to how conversation evolves when you post a thread. Nitpicking camo and the accuracy of the ships appearance are absolutely relevant to the original post in which you clearly stated the issue revolves around historical accuracy.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 3

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles
1 minute ago, _Caliph_ said:

You don't own, control, or have any input as to how conversation evolves when you post a thread. Nitpicking camo and the accuracy of the ships appearance are absolutely relevant to the original post in which you clearly stated the issue revolves around historical accuracy.

No where did I say they should have swastika's on the ship, I said Iron crosses as to refer to the ones already in game, as you know discussing said topic has already been made, we both know WG will not add the option for historical flags due to demonetization in certain countries. Regard the topic about swastikas as it is presumably resolved by incompetence.  

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
29 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

No where did I say they should have swastika's on the ship, I said Iron crosses as to refer to the ones already in game, as you know discussing said topic has already been made, we both know WG will not add the option for historical flags due to demonetization in certain countries. Regard the topic about swastikas as it is presumably resolved by incompetence.  

Actually the laws have changed and you saying something specifically has no relevance to what other people say. Again you are not the threads moderator. The OP revolves around historical accuracy and while you are nitpicking over a camouflage an even more glaring issue exists in historical accuracy in regards to appearance.

The world does not revolve around countries that ban certain images as here in America as an example it is not banned and absolutely never will be. We compose a very large portion of the income WG earns and should not have to risk third party mods for it. Do I expect it? No, but I will voice my opinion on it when a thread pertains to it on the North American forums.

WG said subs would never be in game. Yet here we are in 2020 with them on the way.

The hammer and sickle could be said to be offensive to Americans as we have lost untold numbers of people in war against communist forces but we respect and hold dear the freedom of thought and expression and all of the things that go with it. That obviously includes images and symbols. This is in large part due to us not fooling ourselves into believing that we are the good guys and the other side the bad. We accept that wars occur and that good nor bad are absolutes.

If operating in China comes with the necessity of respecting their censorship then operating in the United States should come with the respect of our freedoms. We have separate servers, if the EU and Asia don't allow it, then click it off. For ours, we do, click it on.

Edited by _Caliph_

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
2 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

I have the last conquest collection complete, I do not like the yellow turrets as the ship never had them in real life, BIsmarck had the Atlantic stripes on her last voyage so I find it incredibly inaccurate, would prefer if they just added the Iron crosses onto the 3k dubloons camo.

Oh... never mind then, lol. I thought you didn't have the collection, lel. :Smile_hiding:

Well, I doubt WeeGee will alter any of the existing old camos. I guess your only choice now is mods... though I have no idea if there is any mod that adds the Iron Cross to the standard perma camo. Just saying... lul. :Smile_hiding:

Modder
1,299 posts
6 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

I do not like the yellow turrets as the ship never had them in real life, BIsmarck had the Atlantic stripes on her last voyage so I find it incredibly inaccurate

Firstly, it's highly likely that on her approach to France there was an attempt to paint the turret tops yellow. There is crew testimony that the order was given and carried out on the morning of the 26th May and that the paint only adhered to the main battery turrets and was quickly washed off the tops of the secondary batteries. It makes sense that the order was given to aid in aerial recognition and prevent coming under attack from the Luftwaffe as, prior to her sailing the markings on the deck were painted over completely.

Secondly, Bismarck did not have baltic stripes on her at all when she sailed for her final voyage, they had been painted over on the 21st May.

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles
4 hours ago, zFireWyvern said:

Firstly, it's highly likely that on her approach to France there was an attempt to paint the turret tops yellow. There is crew testimony that the order was given and carried out on the morning of the 26th May and that the paint only adhered to the main battery turrets and was quickly washed off the tops of the secondary batteries. It makes sense that the order was given to aid in aerial recognition and prevent coming under attack from the Luftwaffe as, prior to her sailing the markings on the deck were painted over completely.

Secondly, Bismarck did not have baltic stripes on her at all when she sailed for her final voyage, they had been painted over on the 21st May.

I recall seeing alot of pictures of Bismarck with the Atlantic stripes on its last voyage with pictures of it from aboard the Prinz Eugen but I will look into it.

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles
8 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Oh... never mind then, lol. I thought you didn't have the collection, lel. :Smile_hiding:

Well, I doubt WeeGee will alter any of the existing old camos. I guess your only choice now is mods... though I have no idea if there is any mod that adds the Iron Cross to the standard perma camo. Just saying... lul. :Smile_hiding:

I have used mods like that before, I just stopped a long time ago because they immediately stop working as soon as a new update is put out. The frequencies of updates never used to be this fast so imagine how annoying it is now.

Modder
1,299 posts
1 hour ago, Raven2303 said:

I recall seeing alot of pictures of Bismarck with the Atlantic stripes on its last voyage with pictures of it from aboard the Prinz Eugen but I will look into it.

This photo of Bismarck taken on the 24th May clearly shows that the baltic stripes have been painted over.

Bundesarchiv Bild 146-1984-055-13, Schlachtschiff Bismarck, Seegefecht.jpg

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles

I just noticed that for me at least, the first Atlantic stripe closest to the bow, does not continue up the ship and stops at the deck... that need to be fixed.

Sign in to follow this