You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

What did I just witness?

17 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles

I just had a losing battle in co-op. Four of ours alive to their one, and we lost because nobody went back down the centre of two brothers to reset the lone bot. A Bismarck, Mass, Nurn and Scharnhorst lost to a lone Bismarck which nobody bothered to reset.

I even told them what to do.

All four have been reported for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

• Funny 2

Members
326 posts
13,896 battles

Wow,! A case of tunnel vision or lack of reading the mini-map/situational awareness (or all of the above).  They weren't all bots were they?

Members
4,359 posts
11,269 battles

Normally I don’t want my team to all go through the middle on that map because of how bot aggro seems to work. Or because we’re capping out the enemy base but no, four ships have to leave to reset the line bot that won’t outcap us.

And then you get the situations like that where you want them to go through the middle and they refuse. 

[LSNB]
Members
1,585 posts
4,409 battles

If they were smart enough, they would have listened. But the majority of players don't like being told what to do, even in coop.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
1 hour ago, chrisope said:

Wow,! A case of tunnel vision or lack of reading the mini-map/situational awareness (or all of the above).  They weren't all bots were they?

They were all human players, and they did not fight like scriptbots.

[QC_1_]
Beta Testers
141 posts
6,686 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I just had a losing battle in co-op. Four of ours alive to their one, and we lost because nobody went back down the centre of two brothers to reset the lone bot. A Bismarck, Mass, Nurn and Scharnhorst lost to a lone Bismarck which nobody bothered to reset.

I even told them what to do.

All four have been reported for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

They might have been playing for directive objectives, kills or anything else. They don't have to play to win if they are playing the game.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles

I didn't know you could report bots.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
9 hours ago, gorium said:

They might have been playing for directive objectives, kills or anything else. They don't have to play to win if they are playing the game.

Then they should have damn well gone back to spawn and killed the bot there. Not minding that you lose a close, hard-fought battle is one thing; sitting on your fat aft and letting it fall out of your hands is quite another. I would even have excused them genuinely not getting there in time to stop it. But they just sat there. THAT is inexcusable.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,489 posts
24,733 battles

Yep got that T shirt. Even lost games that should have been draws because the idiots wouldn't leave the battle despite being told about the Draw option.

[ICOP]
Members
426 posts
13,736 battles
43 minutes ago, Efros said:

Yep got that T shirt. Even lost games that should have been draws because the idiots wouldn't leave the battle despite being told about the Draw option.

Well, the draw counts as a loss in your stats, since total battles minus wins equals losses in the way it's calculated by WG - so that is, (for me personally) a bit of a non-issue.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,489 posts
24,733 battles

Could care less about the loss but it affects XP and credits I think.

[PVE]
Members
4,261 posts
18,616 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Then they should have damn well gone back to spawn and killed the bot there. Not minding that you lose a close, hard-fought battle is one thing; sitting on your fat aft and letting it fall out of your hands is quite another. I would even have excused them genuinely not getting there in time to stop it. But they just sat there. THAT is inexcusable.

Maybe, they just could care less about winning?  I've seen dozens of COOP games where someone or more just don't care about anything more than what they needed for events.......!   They get the "one kill" and park till the match is over because, and in their words in chat:  "it's pocking COOP, grow up loser".............  Uh Huh, like what you want matters, eh??!   That is what we have become.  No more and no less.  And, that group of "I don't care" is growing because the game itself is promoting those behaviors by intentionally trying to "force people" into the prime mode: Randoms....     Slowly eliminate value in Scenarios.  Make events Random only.  Eliminate all value in COOP (the "Mercy Rule".)  And, insure that events contain tasks that encourage Random players into COOP to farm............that isn't unintentional.....  COOP isn't "value added" in their profitability matrix nor does it sell new stuff...........so, why should we expect anything else???

I feel your pain.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,426 posts
3,825 battles

"n00bs, git gud"

signed :Riccardi:

:Riccardi: OP pls nerf

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
5 hours ago, Efros said:

Could care less about the loss but it affects XP and credits I think.

It affects XP (draws attract loss-level XP for both sides) but does not affect credits.

And BTW, it's "I couldn't care less."

[ICOP]
Members
426 posts
13,736 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 11:48 AM, Asym_KS said:

Maybe, they just could care less about winning?  I've seen dozens of COOP games where someone or more just don't care about anything more than what they needed for events.......!   They get the "one kill" and park till the match is over because, and in their words in chat:  "it's pocking COOP, grow up loser".............  Uh Huh, like what you want matters, eh??!   That is what we have become.  No more and no less.  And, that group of "I don't care" is growing because the game itself is promoting those behaviors by intentionally trying to "force people" into the prime mode: Randoms....     Slowly eliminate value in Scenarios.  Make events Random only.  Eliminate all value in COOP (the "Mercy Rule".)  And, insure that events contain tasks that encourage Random players into COOP to farm............that isn't unintentional.....  COOP isn't "value added" in their profitability matrix nor does it sell new stuff...........so, why should we expect anything else???

I feel your pain.

^^^ sublime wisdom.