Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AngryMermaid

Imagine what would happen to game balance if they made DDs undetectable by CV planes

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

340
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

Since DDs (and subs) are small ships it kind of makes logical sense in the same way as deep water torps not hitting DDs make sense.

Do you guys think this would help with the current CV balance problems? Or is it pointless, as it doesn't really address the real problem: the fact that the high skill ceiling seems to still exist? (so good CV players are really powerful)

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,777 posts
93 battles

It will make unicums very happy as they can resume clubbing enemies with no risk to themselves when they play DDs.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,691
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,884 posts
14,882 battles

Imagine what would happen if people would suggest feasible things. DD's with their AA off are basically invisible if they have been dark for a couple of minutes as it is and it takes a lot of luck to find them. Now if they have been detected by other means recently it isn't hard for a CV to find them but that is the chance they take when the become detected even for short periods.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,762
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,939 posts
18,321 battles

Most DD's as is can slip back into darkness if they have AA off and not shooting main guns. As is you have to guess where a DD is and activate your attack run where they was last seen and hope they haven't smoked up if they have it, or changed directions suddenly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,749
[K-POP]
Members
3,069 posts
24,588 battles
11 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Most DD's as is can slip back into darkness if they have AA off and not shooting main guns. As is you have to guess where a DD is and activate your attack run where they was last seen and hope they haven't smoked up if they have it, or changed directions suddenly.

Ocean epicentre I have to get one of those matches in a light cruiser, dam some people have all the luck :Smile_veryhappy:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,762
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,939 posts
18,321 battles
36 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Ocean epicentre I have to get one of those matches in a light cruiser, dam some people have all the luck :Smile_veryhappy:  

I know right?

I had always teased about the perfect match was Ocean Epicenter. Much to my very pleasant surprise WG provided it with the April Fools Clan Brawl. I was like "YES!!!" 

I had to save the emblem, I am a happy captain now lol.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
658
[UN1]
Members
1,339 posts
4,195 battles
On 4/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, Silisquish said:

Since DDs (and subs) are small ships it kind of makes logical sense in the same way as deep water torps not hitting DDs make sense.

Do you guys think this would help with the current CV balance problems? Or is it pointless, as it doesn't really address the real problem: the fact that the high skill ceiling seems to still exist? (so good CV players are really powerful)

DD-CV interaction is one of extremes.  On one hand, attack aircraft are proportionately strongest against DD's, but on the other hand, any DD player paying attention to the mini map and turning off their AA will very easily evade a CV player.  And contrary to popular belief, they will not be relegated to simply filming the battle from the back, but can go on to contest caps and put pressure on enemy ships just as they always could. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×