Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Weird XP gains at T10 match.

4 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles

Ok, I'm not well versed in tier 10 matches. I've played some from a T8 perspective, played a hundred or so on a friends account, played some on PTS for what it's worth...

Last night had a T10 match playing Prinz E, was a "meh" match. Did over 40k dmg to tier X ships, some defend points, assisted capture, no frags, we won. Surprisingly I landed first XP for the match. 

Yesterday too (for example, I've had many), had a T7 match playing Hawkins. Did over 60k dmg to tier 7 ships, some defend points, no capture but at least 1 frag. I landed mid of the table for XP.

Yes, I know that your position on the table is relative to your team mates, but I've seen this enough times to think it is more of a trend than an exception. I know XP gains are higher, the higher the tier, but doesn't seem to correlate to a linear increment.  Is XP gain disproportionally inflated in tier 10 to the point a very regular performance gets more rewarded (proportionally) than a good one in lower tiers? 

Members
4,333 posts
11,177 battles

XP is also based on where that damage is coming from. Damaging a higher tier ship gives more than damaging a lower tier, but it’s based on a percentage of the ship’s total HP - taking 10k off a Baltimore in a DM will give more than 10k off a Kremlin (even though Balti is lower), but taking 15k off a Kita in a Cleveland should give more than 12k or so from an Aki or Benson. 

The caps and defends will also boost your xp a little bit per, but especially defends can stack up pretty quickly, and they tend to calculate more as multipliers rather than as flat rewards (hence why DDs that play the objectives and a more DD role of spotting and cap contesting will do more for the win but get lower rewards than the smoked up DD that doesn’t contribute to the ability to win as much but farms 80-100k damage). 

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

XP is also based on where that damage is coming from. Damaging a higher tier ship gives more than damaging a lower tier, but it’s based on a percentage of the ship’s total HP - taking 10k off a Baltimore in a DM will give more than 10k off a Kremlin (even though Balti is lower), but taking 15k off a Kita in a Cleveland should give more than 12k or so from an Aki or Benson. 

The caps and defends will also boost your xp a little bit per, but especially defends can stack up pretty quickly, and they tend to calculate more as multipliers rather than as flat rewards (hence why DDs that play the objectives and a more DD role of spotting and cap contesting will do more for the win but get lower rewards than the smoked up DD that doesn’t contribute to the ability to win as much but farms 80-100k damage). 

The trend I'm observing (anecdotal evidence tho) is the higher the tier, the less I need to do to have a proportional reward. Which prompts the question, are high tier rewards "inflated" beyond a linear increment because "reasons"?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

Generally, XP does go up with tier and  being down tiered also mean higher  xp .this means if you have t8 in t10 match and do well, you will make a mint.       

Sign in to follow this