Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ChiefEngineman

Armory-Rent a Ship

7 comments in this topic

[PPNA2]
[PPNA2]
Members
74 posts
19,554 battles

Okay I like the concept, but if I already have that ship why would I want to rent it. Shouldn't it sense what ships I have in my port and only give me rental ships I don't have. Like right now I received Irian for doubloons okay I don't have that one I may rent it. I received Lazo for credits I already have this ship, but to get to next rental I have to purchase the Lazo rental....Why I already have it I don't want to rent it and waste credits.

• Cool 2

[-PVE-]
Members
299 posts
13,610 battles

I rented them all (4 ships I already had in port) just for the captains. I have plenty of silver and can always bump them to tier 10 cheaply. However, never going to spend doubloons on anything that low. 

[QC_1_]
Beta Testers
183 posts
7,984 battles
1 hour ago, Mykawa said:

I rented them all (4 ships I already had in port) just for the captains. I have plenty of silver and can always bump them to tier 10 cheaply. However, never going to spend doubloons on anything that low. 

Tier 6 captain are not worth 250k credits or 250 doubloons....

• Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
2 hours ago, gorium said:

why not?

As a newish player there is no easier or faster way to get a 6pt captain.  Sure you could grind one, thats the only cheaper option.  (i have no 19pt'ers)

Anyways for 3.5 mil, you get 14 6pt captains..

My rental today was Lenin, and it has already earned me 750k, over 2 losses :(

I won't spend 250dbl on rentals that is for sure but credits are easily replaced.

[QC_1_]
Beta Testers
183 posts
7,984 battles
6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

why not?

As a newish player there is no easier or faster way to get a 6pt captain.  Sure you could grind one, thats the only cheaper option.  (i have no 19pt'ers)

Anyways for 3.5 mil, you get 14 6pt captains..

My rental today was Lenin, and it has already earned me 750k, over 2 losses :(

I won't spend 250dbl on rentals that is for sure but credits are easily replaced.

You also need to move them to the real ship after for doubloons or 200k credits.... Or for free, but you then have to waste crew exp for retrain them....

You are better off grinding any commander on any tier 5+ premium ship you have, getting credits, and leveling with commander already assigned to good ship before playing on the premium.

If you have no premium tier 8, renting one for a day may be worth it to grind credits.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

ok i see what you are saying its that retraining cost offsetting the original 250k expenditure, i should end up with an extra pile of reserve slots for captains too unless WG will claw them back if i leave any open slots...  my reserve is full and with each rental ship that expires it adds to my reserve... a small thing...

well it is only 7500xp to retrain them for free, 7500 vs 21000 to go from 0 to 6pts... still seems the better deal 

[-PVE-]
Members
299 posts
13,610 battles
15 hours ago, gorium said:

I have approx. 300 mil. credits. Think I can afford it. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this