You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, "Soviet cruisers" event, 16th season of Ranked battles, and other news.

58 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
13,914 battles

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

• In Update 0.9.4 there will be an event dedicated to the Early Access to Soviet heavy cruisers of Tiers VIII and IX. The permanent camouflage "Soviet" will be added for cruisers Mikoyan V, Tallin VIII, Riga IX, Petropavlovsk X, Bagration VIII, and Ochakov VIII. The "Black Sea" Port was updated and renamed to "Novorossiysk". The port in its usual form will be available in the Modstation. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_port_novorossiysk_EN_1920x1080.jpg WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_container_1920x1080.jpg WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_soviet_style_EN_1920x1080.jpg

• From Apr il 15 to June 8, the 9th season of Clan Battles will be held. 
  • From May 20 to June 16, the 16th Ranked Battles season will be held on Tier VII ships in the "7 vs 7" format. Just as the Ranked Battles format changes, so do its rewards: victories this season will bring you up to 4,700 steel and other rewards.
  • In the updated "Modules" tab you will be able to view upgrades and consumables of ships that are not yet in your port. You can research and purchase a ship in the Tech Tree tab.

The Northern Lights, Shatter, Sleeping Giant, Loop, Greece and Crash Zone Alpha maps have been adapted for the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_sleeping_giant_EN_1920x1080.jpg

The location of islands has been changed on the Loop map. It will make it easier to approach key areas and maneuver around them. The island in A7 at the border of the "Atlantic" map was removed. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_minimaps_loop_new_EN_1920x1080.jpgWG_SPB_WoWs_minimaps_the_atlantic_EN_1920x1080.jpg 

The number of points at the beginning of each battle in the "Domination" mode in Co-op Battles was changed:

• For battles with 3 key areas from 300 to 400 points
  • For battles with 4 key areas from 200 to 300

This will help to reduce the amount of battles which are finished when one of the teams reaches 0 points.

A new expendable camouflage "Recruiting Station", 4 new solid-color expendable camouflages and permanent camouflage "Nordic" for Ägir are added to the game.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_nordic_EN_1920x1080.jpgWG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Recruiting-station_EN_1920x1080.jpg

• Cool 6

[WPORT]
Members
5,523 posts
10,532 battles

Message read and acknowledged.

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles

Thank Jesus that Ranked will not be T10 again this time.

• Cool 6

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

@Hapa_Fodder I think many players want to know when will Moskva leave the tech tree. Is it 0.9.4 or 0.9.5? Thanks.

Edited by Baritone4
  • Cool 2

Members
1,059 posts
4,376 battles

Tier VII Ranked?

Now I can unleash my Gneisenau with full power

This'll be fun ))))

:SerB:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GC]
Alpha Tester
821 posts
3,963 battles

Tier 7 ranked. Hoo boy. What are everybody's picks?

BB: Scharnhorst, Sinop, Lyon, and Nelson. Sleeper choice: Hood, because it's fast, has decent firepower, good gun handling, and tanky as hell.

CC: Fiji, Boise/NdJ, Helena, Myoko, and possibly Belfast.

DD: Haida, Gadjah, Jervis, Leningrad, and of course the perennial star-saver, Sims.

--Helms

• Cool 5

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles
6 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Tier VII Ranked?

Now I can unleash my Gneisenau with full power

This'll be fun ))))

Probably be plenty of Scharnhorst on the high seas as well.

• Cool 1

Members
1,059 posts
4,376 battles

^^^^

Sadly, I don't have Scharny. 

Do I wish I had her? Damn smackin' right I do. I've already gotten her as a three-day rental twice, and she's one hell of a load of fun.

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles
3 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

DD: Haida, Gadjah, Jervis, Leningrad, and of course the perennial star-saver, Sims.

Skane is a new option. 76 knot, 12 km torpedoes with 6 km concealment buffer. No CVs and very few radar ships to counter her.

• Cool 2

[GC]
Alpha Tester
821 posts
3,963 battles

Yeah I forgot about Skane. Looks solid in a no-CV environment.

--Helms

• Cool 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,934 posts
11,605 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The number of points at the beginning of each battle in the "Domination" mode in Co-op Battles was changed:

This will help to reduce the amount of battles which are finished when one of the teams reaches 0 points.

well ill be, they actually did something to help Coop players

• Cool 3

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,258 battles

Its fairly close to the patch and no information on the unique upgrades and their move to the research bureau?

• Cool 1

Members
3,078 posts
15,941 battles

The Lyon is the sleeper T7 BB. It can wreck Scharnhorst, shred DDs and set as many fires as KGV. That's the ship to watch out for.

• Boring 1

[TOG]
Members
4,161 posts
24,156 battles
8 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The Lyon is the sleeper T7 BB. It can wreck Scharnhorst, shred DDs and set as many fires as KGV. That's the ship to watch out for.

Horrible dispersion, but with 16 guns, does it matter?

[GC]
Alpha Tester
821 posts
3,963 battles

Lyon also has awkward firing arcs with that midship turret and has to give a lot of broadside to get all 16 guns in play, which is a consideration. That's one of its few real weaknesses, though. It's a beast.

--Helms

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,348 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

This AND universal premium consumables.

@AdmiralThunder take note!

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
1 hour ago, Baritone4 said:

Skane is a new option. 76 knot, 12 km torpedoes with 6 km concealment buffer. No CVs and very few radar ships to counter her.

Indy-chan, kawaii

image.thumb.png.ec381b84129800b272dc90607e5bfc6d.png

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,843 posts
25,932 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

The location of islands has been changed on the Loop map. It will make it easier to approach key areas and maneuver around them. The island in A7 at the border of the "Atlantic" map was removed. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_minimaps_loop_new_EN_1920x1080.jpgWG_SPB_WoWs_minimaps_the_atlantic_EN_1920x1080.jpg 

Others are commenting on Ranked or the change that should help coop.  So, I'll comment on a topic that's a regular favorite of mine: maps.

Atlantic:  I like the change to Atlantic.  Removed an annoying edge of map island while leaving the rest of the map alone.  Hapa, for what it's worth, I wish that the map people would remove an island on the Fault Line map's western edge.  The island itself isn't that small, but the portion of it that appears within the grid is such a tiny sliver that you can EASILY miss it on the minimap.  I wish that that island was either removed, or slid a little further west so that it's effectively not part of the map's playing surface.  Alternatively, just make this island larger on the minimap and hence more of a navigational hazard.  Right now, it's so damned small on the minimap that it's nearly invisible.  

Loop:  This one has never been among my favorite maps.  It's always been too damned boring.  And now, it's been made even MORE boring.  Hell, I don't even know how the name of the map relates to the map itself.  Honestly, there are no redeeming features to this map, IMO.  It's just another high tier clone map where the top and bottom 3 rows are mostly empty and the middle 4 rows are littered with islands.  Now, sometimes, WG's map people produce a nice map within this definition, such as the recent Northern Waters map.  But this one's minimap looks atrocious.  It's like 3 bicycle wheels with "spoke" islands and "wheel hub" islands.

If you're gonna have maps littered with islands, why not try something different?  Think of the Raptor Rescue map.  There are islands everywhere, not just in the middle 4 rows.  A map like this could make for some interesting game play.  

[SALVO]
Members
24,843 posts
25,932 battles
2 hours ago, Baritone4 said:

Skane is a new option. 76 knot, 12 km torpedoes with 6 km concealment buffer. No CVs and very few radar ships to counter her.

Only the Belfast, Indianapolis, and Atlanta have radar at tier 7, IIRC.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,887 posts
9,963 battles

Thank you for taking that silly island away from the Atlantic map - annoying camper zone gone.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
821 posts
3,963 battles
41 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Only the Belfast, Indianapolis, and Atlanta have radar at tier 7, IIRC.

And radar isn't nearly as devastating of a utility cooldown for the team as it used to be.

--Helms

[GRAVE]
Members
1,273 posts
18,802 battles
4 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

In Update 0.9.4 there will be an event dedicated to the Early Access to Soviet heavy cruisers of Tiers VIII and IX. The permanent camouflage "Soviet" will be added for cruisers Mikoyan V, Tallin VIII, Riga IX, Petropavlovsk X, Bagration VIII, and Ochakov VIII. The "Black Sea" Port was updated and renamed to "Novorossiysk". The port in its usual form will be available in the Modstation. 

so we're getting all the Soviet cruisers in one patch, ok.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_soviet_style_EN_1920x1080.jpg

That's a nice looking camo, not realistic, but not incredibly over the top and gaudy.

From May 20 to June 16, the 16th Ranked Battles season will be held on Tier VII ships in the "7 vs 7" format. Just as the Ranked Battles format changes, so do its rewards: victories this season will bring you up to 4,700 steel and other rewards.

a Ranked season that's not T10? What have you done with the real WG devs? Wait, its T7, so no cancer either, what the actual f*ck?

and so the chance of the mercy rule happening has been reduced.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_nordic_EN_1920x1080.jpg

a cool camo for a ship in a rather sorry state. 

Members
3,115 posts
6,714 battles

The Nordic camo is great, and the Soviet camo is pretty good, too. Outstanding to see Ranked at Tier VII, there is a wide variety of ships at that tier. Should be interesting!

I'm not clear on what's getting released - is it just the heavies at Tier VIII and IX?

Members
4,372 posts
11,269 battles
20 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

so we're getting all the Soviet cruisers in one patch, ok.

No, they’re going into early access in 9.4, and therefore full release in 9.5 (probably with some other event or reward to accompany it), just like every recent release has been for a long time - one patch of early access from t5-8 or 9, one patch of full t1-10 release with some other grind, rinse and repeat. 

The only concern I’d have with t7 ranked is the same as the last t7 season - you still have ships with radar (although fewer than higher tiers) where all are premiums which could have the potential to skew a battle if there’s a lot of smoke camping like last time. And of course I’m expecting a lot of Belfast smoke spam because t7. No carriers is going to be a nice change though, especially since there will be carriers in the CB season overlapping it.