Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, free Premium consumables

55 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,725
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,901 battles

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.


With the release of Update 0.9.4, Premium consumables will become free and standard consumables will be removed from the game. Thus, there will be only one type of each consumable, with the parameters of the current Premium versions.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Consumables_EN_1920x1080.jpg

This change will significantly reduce the number of credits spent after every battle and make the game more comfortable for those who cannot afford using premium consumables all the time.

Premium consumables in the Inventory, as well as those mounted on ships will be automatically converted to credits. "More Consumables" containers will no longer be available. Any of these containers you have on your account will be exchanged for 160,000 credits. In other containers and rewards, Premium consumables will be replaced with signals. 

  • Cool 20
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,871
[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles

Well.  Thanks for the news.

Seems like a solution in search of a problem, to me.

But, it will probably free-up a lot of space for data on a lot of hard-drives.  :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[D3BT]
Members
371 posts
6,199 battles

It would make things a bit fairer for players who can't enjoy the luxury of premium time or ships, so probably a good idea overall. :Smile_coin:

Edited by MudRaker227
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
176
[PDCB]
Members
451 posts
8,421 battles

I don't remember where I've read this information, but more than half of players play tier 10 battles without premium consumables.

I think it's 53% to be more exactly, not entirely sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,052 posts
4,376 battles

THIS is a big relief for me. I cannot tell you how many times I've lost upwards of 150,000 credits on even a great game with my Bismarck, all because of the fact that I had to shell out 90k credits for Premium Consumables. Good to see that they are finally doing away with this.

:SerB:

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,755
[KWF]
Members
4,370 posts
6,405 battles

Onto the good things first, this is pretty big for co-op players; im sure it's a welcome gift to them.

That said, it's kinda worrying how many people are unable to afford premium consumables, and a somewhat depressing indicator of the level of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,183
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,914 posts
11,593 battles
52 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.


With the release of Update 0.9.4, Premium consumables will become free and standard consumables will be removed from the game. Thus, there will be only one type of each consumable, with the parameters of the current Premium versions.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Consumables_EN_1920x1080.jpg

This change will significantly reduce the number of credits spent after every battle and make the game more comfortable for those who cannot afford using premium consumables all the time.

Premium consumables in the Inventory, as well as those mounted on ships will be automatically converted to credits. "More Consumables" containers will no longer be available. Any of these containers you have on your account will be exchanged for 160,000 credits. In other containers and rewards, Premium consumables will be replaced with signals. 

wasnt this like a thing that was going to be a thing during the NTC Gate? because i LOVED this idea of making the premium consumables the normal ones, its one of the better ideas WG has made, however, i have a question, whatll happen to the premium consumables some of us have stocked up? because i think i have like 1K of the Damage Control premium consumables, and also what about the consumables crate on the crate ship in port? will that be replaced with something else or just done away with?

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
627 posts
25 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

That said, it's kinda worrying how many people are unable to afford premium consumables, and a somewhat depressing indicator of the level of play.

I wouldn't say that, some people just never bothered to use them, I didn't really use them unless it was clan battles or something. I just felt the cost vs. the rewards just weren't worth it to use in random battles, with the exception of Missouri of course. 

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,352 posts
11,269 battles
21 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

wasnt this like a thing that was going to be a thing during the NTC Gate? because i LOVED this idea of making the premium consumables the normal ones, its one of the better ideas WG has made, however, i have a question, whatll happen to the premium consumables some of us have stocked up? because i think i have like 1K of the Damage Control premium consumables, and also what about the consumables crate on the crate ship in port? will that be replaced with something else or just done away with?

It’s at the bottom of the post - premium consumables in your inventory or mounted on ships will be sold, more consumables containers will no longer be available and any on your account will be sold for 160k credits each. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,870
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

@Hapa_Fodder How much will the consumables be sold for, is it the 11250 as now?

 

I ask as atm I am sitting on an exchange of 62,111,250 credits - which is nice. :cap_win:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[BUOY]
Members
1,004 posts
14,523 battles
10 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

@Hapa_Fodder How much will the consumables be sold for, is it the 11250 as now?

I ask as atm I am sitting on an exchange of 62,111,250 credits - which is nice. :cap_win:

Since more consumables crates are being exchanged for 160k credits, it's not out of the realm of possibility that spare premium consumables will be exchanged for the full 22.5k credits they cost.

But even if not, I can't imagine them being exchanged for less than 11,250.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169
[WOLFO]
Members
538 posts
4,171 battles

I am not for it. Seems to be diminishing the game. Removing some facet of uniqueness, and variety. I like them, and wish they would stay.

Improve the mechanic instead of throwing it out. Better implementation, instead.

Used them on Amalfi, and thought they were great! Sad to see them go. A worthwhile mechanic, imho.

Edited by iamSamoth
  • Cool 3
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,870
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
3 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Since more consumables crates are being exchanged for 160k credits, it's not out of the realm of possibility that spare premium consumables will be exchanged for the full 22.5k credits they cost.

But even if not, I can't imagine them being exchanged for less than 11,250.

Thank you.

To be honest, for me the change is great - it takes a step towards levelling the playing field for all players.

But if my 5,521 consumables is looking to make me 62 million credits, then that is one nice bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,137 battles

Each premium consumable we have in our inventory will be removed for a full refund, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[DRAH]
Members
370 posts
9,122 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

That said, it's kinda worrying how many people are unable to afford premium consumables, and a somewhat depressing indicator of the level of play.

It says nothing about level of play because if you had a match with super unicums in all 24 slots mathematically many of those players would loose money on premium consumables as there isn't enough points available from killing the enemy team for everyone to make a profit.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,255
[PVE]
Members
11,835 posts
24,499 battles

Interesting. One thing I have thought of with this will be even though the active times and reloads will be better than the old standard ones I assume it means losing out on the extra charge that premium consumables gave. Looks like SI just became even more important than it is now. Either that or all ships now get an extra charge of consumables standard so with SI you are back where you were with the current system.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,137 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I assume it means losing out on the extra charge that premium consumables gave.

Why do you assume this? The OP seems quite clear, despite having dark blue text that's hard to read in Night Mode

2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Thus, there will be only one type of each consumable, with the parameters of the current Premium versions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,255
[PVE]
Members
11,835 posts
24,499 battles
Just now, Silisquish said:

Why do you assume this? The OP seems quite clear, despite having dark blue text that's hard to read in Night Mode

Maybe I am wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
464
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles

 

49 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

Why do you assume this? The OP seems quite clear, despite having dark blue text that's hard to read in Night Mode

 

The OP states the premium consumable will replace the standard consumable. 

I also would like to know:  If this means there will be one additional standard consumable on the ships after the change.

 

Doesn't really matter as all ships will be on a more level field.  Awesome change!   

TY WG!

 

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,255
[SPTR]
Members
27,146 posts
16,387 battles

Good idea WG, we haven't really asked for this due to many pressing concerns and ideas in the game but its the one where many more of us are gunna benefit from, particularly if you operate a ship with so many consumables like some high tier cruisers who can have up to 5 consumables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,137 battles
7 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

If this means there will be one additional standard consumable on the ships after the change.

Does the premium consumable have one extra charge over the current standard consumable? Why ask questions whose answers we already know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×