You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Flying_butt_pliers

engine/steering gear incapacitations

8 comments in this topic

Members
47 posts
9,554 battles

Are these all of the sudden more common now?  On DD's they happen a lot and always have, but last week been getting 2 or 3 per game in cruisers(tiers 6-10) which in the past wasn't a issue.   Guess RNG hates my engine and rudder this week.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles

In Randoms, co-op or both?

Bots are notorious for the frequency with which they break rudders, especially if you don't have Last Stand on a DD or light cruiser captain. I had two rudder breaks in a randoms game recently in my Nagato, but I'm not sure whether that's an isolated spike or part of a general trend.

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

To me it is not a new thing, that is why I always take last stand for my DDs and Cruisers.

EDIT: Just to clarify, last stand is not my first choice of 2-point skills but I always end up taking it.

You are probably getting more because you are kiting away more now than previously or are playing less armored ships.

Edited by CO_Valle

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,277 battles

Haven't really been seeing it anymore often then previously.

If a Player was misjudging the speed of a target (not giving it enough lead) shots would end up in the ship's wake or hit the stern so.

But like CO_Valle said, if you have the right upgrades it shouldn't happen as much.

[--V--]
Members
1,419 posts
13,607 battles

I hadn't had an engine or rudder incapacitation in months.  Since the patch earlier this week I've had over a dozen.   Did they change something?  I'd say yes.  But I'm also wearing my tinfoil hat, so that may be influencing my thinking.

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

It doesn't happen to me that often and I don't run Last Stand on most of my DDs.

[WOLF1]
Members
369 posts
1,027 battles

Me: drops torpedoes from torpedo bombers

DD: gets hit in stern-steering incapacitation

also DD: turns straight into second torpedo, sinking him.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It doesn't happen to me that often and I don't run Last Stand on most of my DDs.

Yikes.  I couldn't imagine not using it.....If I didn't run last stand, I'd be dead almost every game in a DD.  I lose my steering and engine from close shots that don't even hit me.  When I am running around in stealth, I don't need it, but if I get into a gun fight, or need to vacate an area that gets enemy infested, last stand can be a life saver.