You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Random Thoughts from Deep R'lyeh: On making Captain Bad Advice an In-Game Commander.

28 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

My reaction: Yay! Another British 10 point captain!

(But what to put him on?)

My daughter's reaction: *sees Cap holding Fishy in her bowl; makes excited little-girl noises.*

My son's reaction: "He's in command?"

*beat*

"You're dead."

• Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,818 posts
2,663 battles

He'll likely get put on Jervis once I've unlocked Lightning and moved Jingles up.  Until then he'll keep Belfast occupied, as I lack a RN DD premium.

[CK5]
Members
1,525 posts
16,305 battles

I am working up the RN DD line so I can always use another RN 10 pointer.  Cap will probably end up on the Jutland or the take the place of the current Jervis captain. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

I lack a RN DD premium.

If you are absolutely desperate, T3 Campbeltown is a free coal ship. Those baby seals won't club themselves!  :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

I put him in Warspite for now...  but i need to replace his voiceover :) it gets annoying and being new, i am not sure what the hell he is letting me know about...  

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My reaction: Yay! Another British 10 point captain!

(But what to put him on?)

I have been pondering this question since I got CAPT last night - yes I am bored.

My dilemma - too many British CO's for me:  Andrew Cunningham, Jingles, CAPT, Skull Cap, Jack and Bert Dunkirk, plus 9 other CO's from 4-19pt (most hovering around 10).

The Ships:  9 premiums, 14 line ships and 4 more line ships soon to follow.

I know, first world problems.

I think I have come to the conclusion that CAPT will work his way up premiums (Exeter, London, Belfast, maybe Vanguard) and wind up in the Drake - a backfill for Andrew Cunningham when he moves to the Goliath.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,818 posts
2,663 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you are absolutely desperate, T3 Campbeltown is a free coal ship. Those baby seals won't club themselves!  :cap_haloween:

I almost never play below tier 5.  And tier 3 ships are not good captain trainers.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
12 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

I almost never play below tier 5.  And tier 3 ships are not good captain trainers.

Yeah, well, that's why I appended the Captain Mad Scientist emoji. Maybe I should have appended this :Smile_trollface: or this :Smile-_tongue: instead? 

[K-POP]
Beta Testers
133 posts
13,003 battles

I just dumped him on London for now. Not entirely sure which boat he'll end up on eventually, but London is a good trainer and fun to play.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles
43 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

He'll likely get put on Jervis once I've unlocked Lightning and moved Jingles up.  Until then he'll keep Belfast occupied, as I lack a RN DD premium.

Same idea here, Jingles is my main RN DD captain, and I don't have anywhere really to put Cap. :cap_hmm:

19 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I put him in Warspite for now...  but i need to replace his voiceover :) it gets annoying and being new, i am not sure what the hell he is letting me know about...  

I like his voiceover, especially since I (and my kids) have enjoyed his series of cartoons. If you think about it, him having nonverbal speech makes him relatable to all players, regardless of ones native language.

I'm also glad they are giving more attention to Cap and Fishy! :cap_look::fish_aqua:

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
11 minutes ago, SouthboundPachyderm said:

I just dumped him on London for now. Not entirely sure which boat he'll end up on eventually, but London is a good trainer and fun to play.

Totally agree - London was well worth the grind.  Love it in Operations, but makes Devonshire redundant.

Training Cunningham on London right now.  He will go in Drake after Jingles is finished grinding it in Albemarle. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,619 battles
4 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Love it in Operations, but makes Devonshire redundant.

I would have said that in the opposite way; that Devonshire makes London redundant. (You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe!)

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I would have said that in the opposite way; that Devonshire makes London redundant.

Except for the whole captain-retraining thing, for anyone who hasn't got 19 pointers yet.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,738 posts
12,618 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Its a premium ship that allows you to grind the skills without having to spend money when moving to a new ship so, its a captain trainer.  Good depends.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,565 posts
11,054 battles

Mine will probably go on Furious after I unlock Implacable and move Jingles up. In a CV the non-informative voiceover will be less of an issue.

And I run Jingles on a CV because I appreciate the irony. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles

I have the Jutland (Dunkirk is the CPT) and I think he'll go in the Daring if I ever get motivated to grind up to her......  Why not.....? 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
11 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

And I run Jingles on a CV because I appreciate the irony.

Until submarines come into the game and everyone ignores the "Enemy submarine sighted!" warning when - for once in his life - he's actually right. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

I would have said that in the opposite way; that Devonshire makes London redundant. (You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe!)

Almost - considering you dont need a trained CO for London.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 hour ago, jmanII said:

Almost - considering you dont need a trained CO for London.

It depends on which ten points you take first - particularly whether you think you can sacrifice Superintendent to pick up Demolition Expert because you don't have all three of heal, hydro and smoke. Smoke separates the London from all the other British heavies, and gives added incentive to have as many charges as possible. It's a question the light cruisers don't need to address (unless you're lucky enough to have the Belfast).

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It depends on which ten points you take first - particularly whether you think you can sacrifice Superintendent to pick up Demolition Expert because you don't have all three of heal, hydro and smoke. Smoke separates the London from all the other British heavies, and gives added incentive to have as many charges as possible. It's a question the light cruisers don't need to address (unless you're lucky enough to have the Belfast).

Agree, but in my case London will be training Cunningham for Drake/Goliath right now.

I have Belfast also and after Cunningham/Capt may look at specialized for these 2 smoke specific.

Many things to concentrate on before however (Russian CA, Russian BB, regrinds for Ohio...)

BTW: hit 110k on Shchors while grinding Capt last night....ready for Tallin

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
2 minutes ago, jmanII said:

BTW: hit 110k on Shchors while grinding Capt last night....ready for Tallin

Add 10% for interest. I am guessing that I will need 120K, but the Heavy line is not something I personally feel the need to be in any sort of a hurry for. It's not time-critical the way the Moskva is (or in my case, was). 

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Add 10% for interest. I am guessing that I will need 120K, but the Heavy line is not something I personally feel the need to be in any sort of a hurry for. It's not time-critical the way the Moskva is (or in my case, was). 

Have had Moskva for quite some time. Only worry is the comments in WOWS stream yesterday concerning Nevesky. 

I REALLY don't want to play Donskoi again.

Anything above 110 I am comfortable using FXP for Tallin....but seeing as I am having fun in Shchors again, may just continue.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
2 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Only worry is the comments in WOWS stream yesterday concerning Nevesky. 

I wasn't able to watch all of it. What did they say? (And remember that nothing is set in stone until the relevant patch notes come out.)

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I wasn't able to watch all of it. What did they say? (And remember that nothing is set in stone until the relevant patch notes come out.)

Seems more and more likely that it will be a regrind from Donskoi to Nevesky.

Then again, I have given up trying to predict this.  Feel like a tennis ball from one side to another constantly.