You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Diesel_Thunder

How long are the Dasha captains available for?

19 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
12 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

@Hapa_Fodder @Kalvothe

Wondering how long the Dasha captains will be available for? I looked through the news articles and didn't see anything. Will they be offered permanently or for a limited time?

Aloha and Good Morning,

I will do some digging. I have not seen an "end date" on anything yet, so she may be there to stay.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha and Good Morning,

I will do some digging. I have not seen an "end date" on anything yet, so she may be there to stay.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Awesome, thanks for checking Chief!

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

I wonder if it's possible to buy more than one Dasha of a particular nation. I haven't looked yet because I don't really need more captains at the moment. I'm not near the game right now or I would fire it up - I already own Pan-Asian Dasha from the anniversary event a couple of years ago, and looking at her in the Armory would tell me everything.

On the downside, it leads me to imagine some horrid, sweaty, testosterone-overloaded dude who pays through the nose to have an all-Dasha fleet.

Next desirable item on the agenda: apocalypse commanders for 4M credits apiece as a permanent Armory item. Prob. won't happen, but one can dream.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I wonder if it's possible to buy more than one Dasha of a particular nation. I haven't looked yet because I don't really need more captains at the moment. I'm not near the game right now or I would fire it up - I already own Pan-Asian Dasha from the anniversary event a couple of years ago, and looking at her in the Armory would tell me everything.

On the downside, it leads me to imagine some horrid, sweaty, testosterone-overloaded dude who pays through the nose to have an all-Dasha fleet.

Next desirable item on the agenda: apocalypse commanders for 4M credits apiece as a permanent Armory item. Prob. won't happen, but one can dream.

The shop says you can have more than one...  though it doesn't say for the same nation.  I bought 2 dasha's of 2 different nations, but they are still available to me in the armory.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles
50 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

According to the Armory, you can have multiple Dasha's in the same nation.

dasha.png

[REVY]
Members
2,634 posts
14,446 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

22 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

According to the Armory, you can have multiple Dasha's in the same nation.

dasha.png

Who wouldn't want more Dasha?

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
4 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Who wouldn't want more Dasha?

Me, but it might have something to do with (a) finding my wife infinitely more attractive and (b) not currently needing functionally generic 10 pointers desperately enough to pay doubloons for them.

I only got the one I have because they weren't offering Pan-Asian space commanders, I needed a ten-pointer for my PA destroyers (and they were going for tokens), and the Rong brothers hadn't made their way into the game yet. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I sort of have a few Dashas across the nations and I have a few extras.

An all Dasha fleet is not possible. I got too many ships. And if they offered it the same then, yes, you can have more than one Dasha.

I never checked my testosterone levels, but I might look in to that. And I only sweat when I am at work. I don't sweat the small stuff.

I think I have mainly more in US line. I average 2 if you combined all lines.

It's more important to players to get captains that have some special ability attached.

Of course if some players like Dasha, it's just a game of content, why not? I myself would prefer actual real people as captains. But I get what I get.

Every player is free to play with whatever captain of their choosing.

Free. Those apocalypse commanders are great for that event, but I only got the ones that were either awarded or easy to get. And I don't even use them. Not my cup of tea.

Some players will just about take any 10 point commander because recruiting is a 0 point commander.

So I am happy WG brought the Dasha series back. Being an iconic figure in the game since the game began is quite an achievement.

It would also be nice to have CC commanders. Give them special abilities.

I terribly neglected Jingles. (My sincerest apologies Jingles if you are reading this, but as soon as I get Goliath, that ship is where my Jingles captain goes.)

As for other CCs past and present, they should be considered. I guess it's up to WG's accounting department and of course sales. I am sure they looked at reams of spreadsheets and Dasha stood out. But that is because she never had competition. It's not like WG forgot to include Alena, right?

Nope, we can poke fun at the perceived bias, but unless WG puts out CCs in a simultaneous sale with Dasha, then we may never know will we?

We may find out Flambass sells more, or Flamu. What if Notser is so popular that WG discontinues the rest?

Head to head. I hope not. Because unless every CC is okay with it, then that may invite controversy. Vanity can sow discord.

WG has done okay. I hope WG will consider CCs, but do so carefully. They took a long time to consider Jingles and I think they made an excellent choice. I am sure he is testosterone loaded because high T leads to baldness. That makes Patrick Stewart the most interesting man on Trek.

Maybe surveys, popular vote, etc. Or they can settle it with lightsabers. But I am sure it will be settled in a Danae match and we know who the unicum of that boat is. And if that CC is made captain. WG can count me in for at least 4.

😎😇🐉

[TWFT]
Members
1,447 posts
40,239 battles

In till she gets accused of doing something bad, then she will turn into Jane Doe.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
9 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

But I am sure it will be settled in a Danae match and we know who the unicum of that boat is.

I'm not sure she's actually the unicum - it's more that her fanbase has her (figuratively) tied to the mast!

13 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Give them special abilities.

Notser: 50% acceleration boost when on collision course within 500m of land. :Smile_hiding:

14 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Of course if some players like Dasha, it's just a game of content, why not?

Oh, I agree completely. Of course, chances are if I had a dozen American Dashas (for instance), I'd invariably do something stupid like retraining my Benson Dasha onto the Iowa and my NC Dasha onto the Fletcher... 

20 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

And if that CC is made captain. WG can count me in for at least 4.

Specced for the Danae out of the box rather than the Black Swan, I assume. :Smile_trollface:

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm not sure she's actually the unicum - it's more that her fanbase has her (figuratively) tied to the mast!

Notser: 50% acceleration boost when on collision course within 500m of land. :Smile_hiding:

Oh, I agree completely. Of course, chances are if I had a dozen American Dashas (for instance), I'd invariably do something stupid like retraining my Benson Dasha onto the Iowa and my NC Dasha onto the Fletcher... 

Specced for the Danae out of the box rather than the Black Swan, I assume. :Smile_trollface:

Yes, Danae specced for sure. That ship is OP. I see one even as a bot I have feelings of dread.

Last time I got attacked by one, it crippled my NY, came along side, boarded, took all the Dr Pepper I had, stole my waifu captain, and torpedoed my ship after the raid.

I still don't know if I will ever get back the waifu captain. Apparently, Danae does not like Montpelier.

As for CC abilities, sure I like the Notser idea.

Flamu could be the ship has a potato for a skin when he is aboard.

Flambass can be he has 500% reload speed on Two Brothers map.

And a 4ft 11inch tall pirate should have pirate steamers hanging from the ship, instance 500%chance of fire if firing on a CV, 500% continuous damage from AA, Atago torp reload is 5 secs, and the laugh. The laugh is triggered when that captain sinks you.

LOL

[PPNA2]
Members
522 posts
7,230 battles

I was light on Russian captains and with line split needed another captain an for the price and fun factor why not. I have 9 USA captains so don't need it there.

[PVE]
Members
13,417 posts
28,137 battles

I already had US (Fletcher - 19pts), BRN (Daring - 19pts), and KM (Roon - 13pts) Dasha's. Always kicked myself for not getting one for the other nations. When I saw them back I grabbed RU, French, and IJN Dasha's to have for some use down the road. Only one I didn't get is the PA Dasha as I just don't need a Capt there for anything and don't see that line being expanded anytime soon. Got 6 of 7 though.

Was there an Italian Dasha originally? Seems I remember that but there isn't one this time (so probably no).

[-POI-]
Members
89 posts
9,737 battles

I would love to see some Azur Lane commanders in the armory, I'm so waiting for Prinz Eugen... Even if she comes with 0 points, don't care, take my money.

[NONE]
Members
3,777 posts
17 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

It would also be nice to have CC commanders. Give them special abilities.

BB players would pay through the nose for a Yuro torpbeat-specialized commander. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PHD]
Members
1,848 posts
7,262 battles

I like Alena instead of Dasha.

Is the only in game language she does Russian or can you switch to an English language voice? I have a HSF captain that is a little squeaky for normal matches. 

I would like to see a special skills IJN captain offered.

As a general captain, I would think a LWM captain would be great! :Smile_honoring:

[CRUEL]
Members
529 posts
9,397 battles

I bought a USSR sasha because for some reason I lost two commanders. One I got from operations and one I bought during rouge wave. No idea where they went so i went ahead and dropped some doubloons on sasha.