You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Best Free XP Ships

30 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles

I am sitting on a bit of Free XP what are the best free XP ships in your opinions. I play all classes and nations, maybe DDs slightly more.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
501 posts
11,337 battles

Nelson, tons o fun if you like Brit BBs

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

Since Missouriá Kronstadn and Musashi gone

Good option are Alaska and Jean Bart for BB

• Funny 1
  • Confused 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
Just now, Gandariel said:

Jean Bart for BB

Jean Bart is a coal ship.

Nelson is 375,000 FXP, and if you play British battleships she makes a good trainer/first win farmer. A little less borderline OP than she used to be, now that T7 is bottom tier against T9 a lot rather than frequently top tier against T5, but she's still got that burn-the-world charm and the superheal that lets you get a lot of your fire or flood damage back.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Jean Bart is a coal ship.

Nelson is 375,000 FXP, and if you play British battleships she makes a good trainer/first win farmer. A little less borderline OP than she used to be, now that T7 is bottom tier against T9 a lot rather than frequently top tier against T5, but she's still got that burn-the-world charm and the superheal that lets you get a lot of your fire or flood damage back.

I got the Nelson seems good still have  little over 3mil , looking at the Alaska,  or maybe that tier 10 IJN boat.  Those EU DDs seem a little over priced

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles

If anyone says Azuma, we will fight.

• Funny 3

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
7 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

If anyone says "Azuma", we will fight.

Gesundheit!  :cap_like:

If you have enough, get Nelson and Jean Bart.  Alaska, I meant Alaska.

JB=coal.

edited to make me look less stupid.  :cap_book:

Edited by Captain_Slattery
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

I am with you on the 2Mil FXP for the T10 DD.  It is way too much for any ship.  The JB has been brought up twice, but it is a coal ship, not a FXP ship.   Since the best ones are no longer available, and you already have the Nelson, your only real choice is the Alaska or the Friesland.  Both are good ships, so choose based on the type of ship you enjoy the most.  Is it a cruiser or destroyer.

[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,376 battles

If you want a DD, then Friesland is 100% 24-carat magic. That is my favorite DD. It isn't a typical dd because of poor concealment, but once you learn to play patiently, you can absolutely rip people a new one. Torps? Who needs them? Friesland doesn't. 

Just understand that Friesland does take a very unique playstyle that takes time to develop. It isn't like the standard sneaky-sneaky DDs that run in, spot, contest. You need to have patience and skill. 

If you like cruisers, Alaska is gold. I don't play cruisers much. I pretty much suck at them. But even I can make Alaska work. A purchase I'll never regret. 

• Cool 2

[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,376 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

I got the Nelson seems good still have  little over 3mil , looking at the Alaska,  or maybe that tier 10 IJN boat.  Those EU DDs seem a little over priced

Don't know about smaland, but Friesland is def. worth it. 

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,219 battles
59 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

If anyone says Azuma, we will fight.

Highest experience game ever was in Azuma, it’s not that bad. ;)

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

still have  little over 3mil

When you said "a bit of Free XP", I was imagining maybe half a million. Oops! :Smile_veryhappy:

I'm creeping up on two million and waiting to see how Hayate performs in the big wide world. I know some CC's are talking her down, but I just got finished taking Yuudachi out for a 24 hour rental last night and I liked her despite her having a similarly 'meh' reputation.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,162 posts
19,031 battles

Another vote for Friesland and Alaska.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,843 battles

"Best" is highly subjective.  I can only tell you my own personal decision.  My FXP hoard was sitting at about 970K when I signed off last night.  I expect to have Alaska in my port in a few more days.

In a few more weeks, you can ask me if that was a good decision.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,217 posts
21,439 battles
42 minutes ago, Lert said:

Another vote for Friesland and Alaska.

Fixed it Lert.

• Boring 2

[LANCE]
Members
793 posts
5,913 battles

If I had that much FXP I’d get the Smaland! I have most the other ships mentioned with the exception of Azuma (sorry, I mentioned it!). Smaland has a high price but it’s a tier X and is such a beautiful looking ship!! It helps that I’m loving the Ostergotland also!

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,196 battles
1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

Don't know about smaland, but Friesland is def. worth it. 

I love my Fries for the sole purpose that it spanks CVs if they are careless.

Edited by Rabin69
  • Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,834 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

I'm saving up for Friesland, personally.  Less than 100k fxp away.

I too was saving up for Friesland (being of Dutch ancestry) and am 4K fxp away. However, now I'm wondering I should hoard it and use it to get the next new FXP ship (I'm not sure that Smaland is worth the price, and I already have Georgia/JB/Alaska). I have no idea what's in the pipeline (and if its going to be worth the wait).  I've been meaning to get the Nelson so one thought would be to pull the trigger on that and the rebuild the FXP and then either use it to get the Friesland or whatever new FXP ship has been added.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,162 posts
19,031 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

Fixed it Lert.

prc1VzH.jpg

Kindly take your shenanigans elsewhere.

• Haha 1

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

Not including FXP ships that are no longer available, and basing the ranking off of how the ships perform, factually, according to the data.

1.) Alaska
2.) Nelson
3.)Smaland/Friesland.

Alaska is certainly clear winner as it performs better than the remaining.

The Friesland is essentially a tier 8 ship with tier 9 MM. In actuality, there are plenty of tier 8 DDs that are more competitive. Considering DDs as a ship type are underperforming at high tiers, having a DD that is incorrectly tiered makes the ship DoA.

Whilst one cannot make a fully accurate conclusion about the Smaland (not enough owners yet), one can make a very educated guess based on current data and the attributes of the Smaland. It suffers the same fate as the Friesland as does appear the high tier pan-euro tech tree ships as well. They are all 1-2 tiers higher than their competitive value.

Edited by Varknyn12

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
5 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

I am sitting on a bit of Free XP what are the best free XP ships in your opinions. I play all classes and nations, maybe DDs slightly more.

There are not alot of free XP option right now.  The two dd are it.

Saving your free xp to skip a ship that you don't like might be the best option

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles

Well look like I am definitely getting the Alaska for now. Need to read more bout the DDs

• Cool 1