You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zzzFrostVortexzzz

ST, changes to test ships

40 comments in this topic

Developers
10 posts

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

We adjusted the parameters of ships based on testing results.

Japanese battleship Shikishima, Tier X:

• Main battery reload time reduced from 35 to 27 s;
  • HE and AP shells' initial velocity increased from 720 to 765 m/s; 
  • AP shell maximum damage reduced from 19400 to 17000;
  • Shell ballistics changed. Accuracy settings for the main caliber guns are now similar to those of the Japanese Tier X battleship Yamato, and the shell trajectory became flatter.

Soviet cruiser Ochakov, Tier VIII: 

• Torpedo range reduced from 10 to 8 km;
  • Main battery firing range increased from 15.2 to 15.6 km;
  • Main battery reload time reduced from 6.5 to 6.1 s.

Soviet cruiser Riga, Tier IX:

• Parameters of HE and AP shells were changed:
    • AP shell maximum damage reduced from 6,200 to 5,950;
    • Shell trajectory became more arched;
    • AP shell penetration was reduced.

Soviet cruiser Petropavlovsk, Tier X:

• Ellipse of main caliber shell dispersion is increased.

Soviet cruiser Alexander Nevskiy, Tier X:

• Sigma parameter increased from 2.0 to 2.05.

Soviet cruiser Pyotr Bagration, Tier VIII:

• Main battery reload time reduced from 12.5 to 11.0 s;
  • Main battery firing range increased from 18.0 to 18.5 km;
  • AA parameters were changed:
    • Number of explosions in a salvo increased from 6 to 8;
    • Damage from shell explosions increased from 1330 to 1400.
  • "Repair Party" consumable was added.

French destroyer Marceau, Tier X:

• Torpedo tubes reload time reduced from 150 to 142 s;
  • Third turret no longer rotates 360 degrees.

German cruiser Ägir, Tier IX:

• Secondary battery reload time increased from 3.1 to 3.6 s.
  • Cool 5
  • Confused 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,079 posts
8,919 battles

The Shikishima reload decrease was certainly expected. Frankly, I did not understand why they started with such a slow reload when mathematically it was obvious that this ship would have an excessively low relative DPM. I would really not be surprised to see this reload time decreased again.

[-K-]
Members
8,352 posts
14,156 battles
52 minutes ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

Do we thank Flamu for this one, since he called it in his video yesterday?

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Do we thank Flamu for this one, since he called it in his video yesterday?

Yes.  I was almost halfway through the video and wanted to check to see if they nerfed it.  And, here I am.  Another ship I won't be buying.  Thank you Flamu for saving me money.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
1 hour ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

Oh look, wonders of wonders, they are now nerfing the ONE thing decent about the ship. Good lord WG you couldn't balance something with a scale. Why even bother with these German ships (re: Agir, Siegfried, Odin) if all you want to do is make them utter garbage and not fun to play. Aigr needed BUFFS (to main guns) not nerfs to the only thing on the ship that was any good.

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 7

[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,361 battles

I already wasn't going to get the Agir because, based on the vids, you have to be a virtuoso for proper positioning to make the thing work, but, good Lord. With Alaska out there, why would anyone buy the Agir, especially now that the secondaries, the only interesting part of the ship, are getting the nerf hammer?

Shikishima looks interesting, though. Wonder if it will still overpen everything but major terrain features.

Edited by mrieder79
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,810 battles

They expect the German premiums to sell in high volume, so they feel the ships need to be very mediocre to compensate. Volume comes into play when they're deciding on the strength of a premium, bet any money.

[NAUT]
Members
28 posts
6,686 battles

Yeah as if agir needed another nerf. After buying the mainz and realize what utter worthless piece of trash that ship is I cant see myself wanting agir. Or maybe its wg plan to discourage players from using german ships. Leave it to wg to hold onto bitter ww2 grudges against germans and make sure every ship is unplayable.

• Cool 1

Members
596 posts
10,570 battles
2 hours ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

• Shell ballistics changed. Accuracy settings for the main caliber guns are now similar to those of the Japanese Tier X battleship Yamato, and the shell trajectory became flatter

I mean... The reload buff was extremely needed but the AP nerf...? It barely deals more damage than US 457 guns now with worse accuracy so yikes...

• Ellipse of main caliber shell dispersion is increased.

Could you please be more specific?

Just remove her from the game at this point, Siegfried was always utterly crap but now Ägir is even worse...

• Cool 2

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts
38 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

They expect the German premiums to sell in high volume, so they feel the ships need to be very mediocre to compensate. Volume comes into play when they're deciding on the strength of a premium, bet any money.

Closes wallet. :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,269 posts
18,799 battles

• Shell ballistics changed. Accuracy settings for the main caliber guns are now similar to those of the Japanese Tier X battleship Yamato, and the shell trajectory became flatter.

the Shittyshima name is much less viable.

so an 8 gun light cruiser with no range that can't get away with Smolensk stupidity doesn't work at T8? Who knew

Soviet cruiser Riga, Tier IX:

• Parameters of HE and AP shells were changed:
    • AP shell maximum damage reduced from 6,200 to 5,950;
    • Shell trajectory became more arched;
    • AP shell penetration was reduced. 

• Ellipse of main caliber shell dispersion is increased

probably needed nerfs seeing that you improved the pen angles and radar for no reason

Soviet cruiser Alexander Nevskiy, Tier X:

• Sigma parameter increased from 2.0 to 2.05.

questionable, but understandable seeing every other T9 and 10 cruiser has 2.05 sigma, with some exceptions.

DPM, range, and AA buffs, nice

Repair Party" consumable was added.

every other T8 cruiser is crying now. Now a ship with competitive DPM for a heavy cruiser, the highest range for a T8 cruiser, the best AP pen of any T8 cruiser, and now gets survivability. Atago sacs DPM for her heal, same with Prinz Eugen, and a full health Edinburgh is a citadel that hasn't happened yet.

Members
596 posts
10,570 battles
11 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Just imagine if Agir was a Soviet ship.

We don't have to, it's already in game and it's called *every OP Russian CA/Large Cruiser with the only balanced one being Kron*

Yep, 220mm guns with same pen as 380mm guns, almost 3 times faster reload AND improved angles meanwhile Germany gets 305mm that cannot hit a barn from the inside and absolutely horrible armor despite being supposed to play up close and personal...

Good meme WG, now just admit this was a bad joke and HEAVILY buff Odin, Siegfried and Ägir

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GRAVE]
Members
1,269 posts
18,799 battles

French destroyer Marceau, Tier X:

• Torpedo tubes reload time reduced from 150 to 142 s;
  • Third turret no longer rotates 360 degrees.

yeah, the same torps used on French cruisers shouldn't reload in 2 and a half minutes. However, seeing the insane DPM Marceau has, the poor torps is about the only thing keeping her in check.

I have no words. WHY DOES WG KEEP NERFING A SHIP THAT NEEDS BUFFS? I am now questioning if you actually do have something against German ships, because Odin started fun, you killed it, Agir started out needing a little sigma buff and about a 3sec reload buff, you killed it. Somehow, Mainz slipped the net and is actually decent, but that's gonna be a rare exception for good German ships.

Members
596 posts
10,570 battles
4 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

the Shittyshima name is much less viable.

Not really, she lost her AP alpha and now it does just slightly more damage than US 457mm AP with worse accuracy AND a much weaker hull to use them on... 

The reload buff was a given as ALL ships that trade barel count for caliber have better reload than the original ship but not only that, all the other ships also get a overmatch threshold advantage while Shikikama does not... A less accurate Yamato with less guns, barely more sheer alpha and even less secondary range? No thank you, still very much Shittyshima

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oh look, wonders of wonders, they are now nerfing the ONE thing decent about the ship. Good lord WG you couldn't balance something with a scale. Why even bother with these German ships (re: Agir, Siegfried, Odin) if all you want to do is make them utter garbage and not fun to play. Aigr needed BUFFS (to main guns) not nerfs to the only thing on the ship that was any good.

:Smile_facepalm:

Isn't it obvious, Admiral? When it comes to "balansing" any German ship, the No-Fun Police always gets involved... along with a Russian historian who specializes in the Operation Barbarossa... lol (/s). :Smile_smile:

Poor Agir. Really. :fish_palm:

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

It's ironic that Soviet ships start off as Ferraris (in testing and sometimes at release) and then get rebalanced down to Porches and are then called "balanced", while other countries ships start as Ford Pintos (with anything that accidentally makes it good swiftly trimmed off), and get slight buffs to make them a Toyota and called "balanced".  Its a neat trick to try and hide bias.

Wonder when the "Its just testing, stop worrying" crowd will show up - always ironic to me, because testing is exactly the right time to bring up concerns.

• Cool 5

Members
596 posts
10,570 battles
12 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

It's ironic that Soviet ships start off as Ferraris (in testing and sometimes at release) and then get rebalanced down to Porches and are then called "balanced", while other countries ships start as Ford Pintos (with anything that accidentally makes it good swiftly trimmed off), and get slight buffs to make them a Toyota and called "balanced".  Its a neat trick to try and hide bias.

Well yes but not always

Things like Georgia started as a Toyota (IMHO the very first version needed small buffs and would be ready) and ended up as a F1 race car with railguns that make Yamato look like GK in terms of accuracy. Sure that's a rare example and yes generally it's the case

The exceptions being of course German ships period and Japanese Prems... They sometimes start testing as a little paper boat made from a 5 year old and end up released as what's left of the same poor folded paper after being in water for a few hours, sometimes is the other way around and go from the remainings to the folded paper... 

I'm obviously not talking about the looks, holy damn German ships always look extremely cool and the graphic team needs a raise no matter how much they earn but it's a shame that the balans team always ruin what the graphic guys so wonderfully recreated... 

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,070 battles
3 hours ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

• "Repair Party" consumable was added.

I haven't heard of these two cruisers? Premiums? I know the split is coming but I thought it was Talin, which is pretty much a t8 Dimtri Don, Riga, Petro and the Alex Nev for the Moscova

[NGA]
Members
1,984 posts
11,768 battles
4 hours ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

Jesus you clowns are petty.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[CAST]
Members
4,996 posts
3,513 battles

There was a single good thing about Agir, and several really bad ones. So naturally, they nerfed her again.

Wargaming, you're so predictable.

Between you and me ... someone from the Kremlin visited asking you to mess up Russia's traditional WW1/2 enemy, am I right? I mean, nothing else really makes sense when you think how long it took  to buff German BB guns, German DDs are still absolutely garbage in the current meta, and new releases and test ships all seem rather extraordinarily mediocre when balanced against every other nation, especially Russia.

Edited by KaptainKaybe
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
2 hours ago, wstugamd said:

I haven't heard of these two cruisers? Premiums? I know the split is coming but I thought it was Talin, which is pretty much a t8 Dimtri Don, Riga, Petro and the Alex Nev for the Moscova

Scroll down a ways and they are shown...

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Isn't it obvious, Admiral? When it comes to "balansing" any German ship, the No-Fun Police always gets involved... along with a Russian historian who specializes in the Operation Barbarossa... lol (/s). :Smile_smile:

Poor Agir. Really. :fish_palm:

I honestly don't know why the even bother with German ships as they always nerf them to death so they are crap. The older premiums are ok but ever since PEF = blah.

[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,361 battles
4 hours ago, XurMP said:

I mean... The reload buff was extremely needed but the AP nerf...? It barely deals more damage than US 457 guns now with worse accuracy so yikes...

Yeah. I'm not sure why the AP nerf. I obviously never played her, but with only 6 and all the overpens I saw on the CC vids, it seems like the really high alpha was needed to compensate so that when you actually managed a citadel, it was worth it. At this point, I can't see using resources on something like this without the old AP alpha and a little better accuracy.

• Cool 1