You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Primal__Fear

WG this is why the MM......

43 comments in this topic

[BLEP]
Members
566 posts
12,548 battles

WG this is why the MM can make things hard on a team. Now I am not talking about win%. I am talking about experience playing the game. What happened with this MM pretty made it impossible to carry. We lost even though a few of use tried like all heck to carry it, but a good chunk of our team suicided do to LACK of truly even knowing how to play VS 90% of the other team have lots of time playing. I have put games played on each player.

Set for a loss.jpg

Edited by Gospel_
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles

I see it differently.... You're in a OP CV the GZ, who failed to sink the red ship that had more kills on his team..

Even though, you did not sink the top scorer on the red fleet...  You still (remember its an OP CV) made it so difficult for the reds to win. it took all 12 members of their fleet to overcome your ship's OP adv. Every single ship scored above 1k based points...

This is not a MM issue, since MM is Random and not "catered" to hand you a win in a silver platter...

If I were you, I would compliment the reds in over coming the known OP capabilities of the CV GZ. From their  perspective, it was a hard played match won on team effort (which in Random mod is rare on its own).

I see player fail but almost recovered win by everyone else.... It happens...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 10

Members
454 posts
28 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I see it differently.... You're in a OP CV the GZ, who failed to sink the red ship that had more kills on his team..

Even though, you did not sink the top scorer on the red fleet...  You still (remember its an OP CV) made it so difficult for the reds to win. it took all 12 members of their fleet to overcome your ship's OP adv. Every single ship scored above 1k based points...

This is not a MM issue, since MM is Random and not "catered" to hand you a win in a silver platter...

If I were you, I would compliment the reds in over coming the known OP capabilities of the CV GZ. From their  perspective, it was a hard played match won on team effort (which in Random mod is rare on its own).

The OP brings up a valid point and you try and turn it into an anti CV post. Also, the GZ is far from OP. 

Edited by Venac
  • Cool 5

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
3 minutes ago, Venac said:

The OP brings up a valid Opinion/point of viewpoint and you try and turn it into an anti CV post. 

Its not may fault he only highlighted  the one thing I can see, which was the CV GZ... Therefor I can only give commentary based on whats given...

Giving the red side perspective on the commentary, is not "anti" CV.

Blame the OP for only showing one ship which happens to be the must OP CV in the game...

• Boring 3

[BLEP]
Members
566 posts
12,548 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its not may fault he only highlighted  the one thing I can see, which was the CV GZ... Therefor I can only give commentary based on whats given...

Blame the OP for only showing one ship which happens to be the must OP CV in the game...

Here you go. The GZ is not the most OP CV in game... sorry to inform you. 

Number 2.jpg

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
1 minute ago, Gospel_ said:

Number 2.jpg

NVM I see it ty...

Edited by Navalpride33

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
12 minutes ago, Gospel_ said:

From what I see from my original commentary I would add, CV fail....

• You have the must OP CV and not hunting/sinking the Asashio...
  • And the red CV tied with you he DID his job and sunk your DDs  (they're at the bottom of the green pile).

No excuse for any DD to have 4 kills in a GZ or any CV match.. That is a BIG fail on

• CVs
  • Gun DDs
  • Cruisers...

No excuse IMO, just tip the Asashio and the red CV player for a job well done.

This is not a MM issue... If anything this is CV player failed at basic ship role (not sinking the Asashio who survived the who match with 4 kills).

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 3

Members
1,473 posts
7,133 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

• And the red CV tied with you he DID his job and sunk your DDs  (they're at the bottom of the green pile).

No excuse for any DD to have 4 kills in a GZ or any CV match.. That is a BIG fail on

• CVs
  • Gun DDs
  • Cruisers...

This is not a MM issue... If anything this is CV player failed at basic ship role (not sinking the Asashio who survived the who match with 4 kills).

GZ is not a very good DD hunter at all. It is a bad CV period. I looked at the players stats in it and the fact he does as well as he does plain shocks me. 

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
1 minute ago, USMC2145 said:

GZ is not a very good DD hunter at all. It is a bad CV period.

Its an IJN DD with no AA, 4kills  and everyone including the O P CV let it live till the end.. THAT to me is shocking...

With Any other DD with AA (like a KIDD), I would concede the point... Not in this case/match.

• Boring 3

Members
454 posts
18 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its an IJN DD with no AA, 4kills  and everyone including the O P CV let it live till the end.. THAT to me is shocking...

With Any other DD with AA (like a KIDD), I would concede the point... Not in this case/match.

You keep making this all about the CV. The whole point the OP is making is a good point. Many of the players on his team had a lot less games played than the other team. How to you know when the DD got those kills. He did say his team suicided. The CV can not prevent teams from suiciding. I can tell just from your posts you are a CV hater and the GZ is a horrible DD hunter. Its rocket plains are slow and suck pretty hard. Its bombers are no good at all at taking DD and are bad period. 

Edited by Venac
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
1 minute ago, Venac said:

You keep making this all about the CV. The whole point the OP is making is a good point. Many of the players on his team had a lot less games played than the other team. How to you know when the DD got those kills. He did say his team suicided. The CV can not prevent teams from suiciding. I can tell just from your posts you are a CV hater. 

Read post #7 again...

Take care..

• Boring 1

Members
1,473 posts
7,133 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

55 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

• CVs
  • Gun DDs
  • Cruisers...

31 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Read post #7 again...

Take care..

Ok, you are bringing this on yourself. You have less than 150 games played in CV and yet here you are telling a player who has a lot of time in CVs how to play CV and he has pretty good stats in them. I will not comment on the rest of your stats/gameplay. 

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,444 posts
47 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

And @Gospel_

I think the fact here is that there is not enough information. On how I play my Cvs I would agree with Navalpride - the CV has a support role and it looks as if it did not complete that role well enough.

HOWEVER, we do not know how the match played out - it may well be that the Assashio was a good player that used the AA cover of supporting ships and the range of his torpedoes well; in which case it may have been very difficult to carry out the CV role.

(I await the inevitable downvotes associated with talking about CVs in a thread and either not condemning their existance in game, or defending their existance to the death!).:Smile_Default:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
Just now, USMC2145 said:

Ok, you are bringing this on yourself. You have less than 150 games played in CV and yet here you are telling a player who has a lot of time in CVs how to play CV and he has pretty good stats in them. I will not comment on the rest of your stats/gameplay. 

See my PTS patch??? That is where I spend my CV time... I been playing CV in PTS for over 2yrs now... I will never play it on the live server... I find the CV class as disproportionate, the GZ is disproportionate AND OP... Overall disappointment in its role in game for the ship class.

The fundamentals of CV play dont change regardless where you practice the class...

IF a IJN DD like the Asashio has 4 kills AND survived for the whole match... Its CV, Cruiser and Gun DD fail. No excuse just compliment the DD and the CV driver for taming the OP CV adv on the green side...

Its not a MM issue as the OP alluded too.

• Boring 1

Members
1,473 posts
7,133 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

See my PTS patch??? That is where I spend my CV time... I been playing CV in PTS for over 2yrs now... I will never play it on the live server... I find the CV class as disproportionate, the GZ is disproportionate AND OP... Overall disappointment in its role in game for the ship class.

The fundamentals of CV play dont change regardless where you practice the class...

IF a IJN DD like the Asashio has 4 kills AND survived for the whole match... Its CV, Cruiser and Gun DD fail. No excuse just compliment the DD and the CV driver for taming the OP CV adv on the green side...

Its not a MM issue as the OP alluded too.

I am sure he did the right thing VS the enemy. I have looked at his stats in all of his CVs  (he has most of them) and he is either unicum or just below in them. I doubt very much he played that CV wrong. In the GZ he has a 63.16% win rate and a PR of 1896. 

Edited by USMC2145

Members
3,200 posts
591 battles
17 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

PSA, anyone that is not like me and ignoring that guy.... it might be YOU bringing this on yourselves, LOL...
no really just ignore him.... this happens ALL THE TIME dude.,.... he made my list AGES ago.... he should be on yous too

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles

I doubt very much he played that CV wrong. In the GZ he has a 63.16% win rate and a PR of 1896. 

In past match I can't comment... Based on this match, he messed up and the red DD and CV did well... Sinking the Asashio would've sealed the win for the OP, imo...

• Boring 1

Members
1,473 posts
7,133 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

In past match I can't comment... Based on this match, he messed up and the red DD and CV did well... Sinking the Asashio would've sealed the win for the OP, imo...

Dude i am done talking to you. You have no idea what went on in that match so you need to just stop. You are quick to point finger yet you praise your own CV play on test server where you play VS moslty bots and you have less than 150 games played vs real players. 

Members
3,200 posts
591 battles

Dude i am done talking to you. You have no idea what went on in that match so you need to just stop. You are quick to point finger yet you praise your own CV play on test server where you play VS moslty bots and you have less than 150 games played vs real players. 

I gave you the solution .. LOL

• Cool 1

[36]
Members
454 posts
11,488 battles

The only mistake the OP made was not blacking out ALL the ships, including his own - it’s apparently hard to stay on topic for some of the more easily distracted folks. The disparity in player experience is a little disheartening and I wonder what the numbers look like over a significant sample size. 

Edited by _Starbuck
  • Cool 2

Members
443 posts
451 battles

That player with 41,496 games must have started social distancing back in closed beta. Jeeze, find a good bartender, buddy...after the current crisis, I mean. Other than that, I really wish Gospel_’s team had won, it would have really muddied things up in true WG spreadsheet fashion. 

• Funny 1

Members
40 posts
7,532 battles
52 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

The disparity in player experience is a little disheartening and I wonder what the numbers look like over a significant sample size. 

I think the MM is B_R_O_K_E_N with respect to certain players and certain ships.  

I'm NOT saying I'm being singled out.  I get perfectly equitable MM in most ships.  I'm saying the MM is broken in particular instances and I'm confident other players have had similar experiences.

But "MM only selects ships based on Tier/Overall Match Composition".  Yeahhhhh, don't know about that.  I think something is funkified:

CM_FB_040320.jpg

Emerald_MS_040320.jpg

Jervis_FB_040320.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

meh,  carry harder.   I find that people with R10 can vary a lot in terms of player quality as just about anyone can get there.   If there was  lot of R5/6,  that is different.  Lot of R5/6 are closer to R1  IMHO.    I am more concerned with purple clanner/division  than looking at Ranking of player  in most cases.  

12 minutes ago, FishBeak said:

I think the MM is B_R_O_K_E_N with respect to certain players and certain ships.  

I'm NOT saying I'm being singled out.  I get perfectly equitable MM in most ships.  I'm saying the MM is broken in particular instances and I'm confident other players have had similar experiences.

But "MM only selects ships based on Tier/Overall Match Composition".  Yeahhhhh, don't know about that.  I think something is funkified:

CM_FB_040320.jpg

Emerald_MS_040320.jpg

Jervis_FB_040320.jpg

it isn't the MM, rather it is sample size and personal preference.    100 match have +/- 10%  statistical variation on top of personal preference.  heck, even my own is as wide ranging .      not to mention that lot of my stats are from earlier days of my play.  thrown in.     I have 70% + WR in shiratuyu while 40% in yugumo.   lol.    but I really did not like yugumo even though my dmg is avg or better.  

[SALVO]
Members
6,900 posts
5,447 battles

Haha op you got screwed mate. Balancing battle count seems legit and less intrusive than other metrics. I'm with you in this one.