You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iamtheintrepidmouse

Tech Tree Ship Comparison??

9 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
1,972 battles

Is there a comparison third-party website in the game to compare ships like there is in Tanks?  If not, they really should put that feature in the game.

[TBW]
Members
10,287 posts
17,482 battles
25 minutes ago, iamtheintrepidmouse said:

Is there a comparison third-party website in the game to compare ships like there is in Tanks?  If not, they really should put that feature in the game.

You can try this.

http://shipcomrade.com/leaderboard.asp?PR=na&Name=&A=1&B=5&G=0&S=100&R=107&C=5

Or this.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ships/

or this.

https://wowstats.org/ships/

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

Members
2,858 posts
36,638 battles

Is any of it really 3rd party? Because my question to you is did the 3rd party comparison website for tanks really help you? Because if it did, then are you still playing tanks?

And if not, then why?

Information can be corrupted in many ways.

Just look at the current situation.

Disinformation caused shortages.

Whole corporations made money on paper. Wow.

Do not believe anything that is ever told to you by any person that posts information without confirming the source.

Some times people fall in to a trap of misdirection.

Any site offering information on ship's that claim to be third party I will always be skeptical. Unless it is demonstrated live, no edits, no censorship, raw game footage of the performance of a ship, then stat numbers on a spread sheet is suspect.

Prove it. More matter, less art.

Reputation of a ship is and always will be subjective to a players'skills, play style, and that player's experience in the game.

Anybody can collect data. But true statisticians do the work. They sail the ship under combat conditions. They sail it in all game modes where applicable. They do a demonstration of performance in the training room or test certain aspects of the ship. 

We often call them supertesters but they are not allowed to speak of the ship. Only sail it m

OP, while my own opinion of this is somewhat negative. I only have to fire one example to quell the critical. PR.

Some said it was a trash ship. Others said great. Even others, you guessed it, overpowered.

While I can't blame any particular player for any of that, I feel none of them actually sailed the ship properly in the first place.

You have to he committed to the ship for at least 200 matches in random and twice that in co-op alone.

This gives the player that tests the ship a proper shakedown.

Facts in this world can be distorted to benefit one or many.

Always do the hardest work of all.

Research.

Only use credible information from credible players.

I would like to list them, but no, that would be subjective.

There may be a grain of Truth or a metric ton of lies.

I don't want you to find out and be disappointed.

My solemn advice is ask veteran players based on the stats listed as you look up them in game of ship types and specific ships and have them render an opinion.

You are not looking necessarily at wins z you are looking at overall performance across many games.

These players are usually forthcoming on why they like the ship.

It's not a state secret you see. Because this game has always been skill based.

So if you have similar skills of the players you ask about a ship, then you should have similar results. It's all about execution.

Get a large sample of opinions. And always ask questions. In my opinionz there are no silly questions.

It is very easy to have an honest discussion with a player so long as they themselves are honest.

I have helped a few players in my past with questions. Only time will tell if it helps. I know I was not the only one asked. But my answers may or may not help.

That is why you must research.

Word of mouth us just hype or possibly lies.

There is an old saying. Get the answer from the horse's mouth and not the other end.

And some answers will never be told. Because of a promise. I hold promises as binding.

There is no honor among thieves is a funny saying for example,  because it is true.

So, I hope that helps. Ask good questions to players that actually put the ship through the ringer, get more than one opinion, verify the facts, and trust your gut.

In my case it's painful, but it's a medical condition, and not because I got stabbed or anything.

Good luck and have fun. I do try to every day with interesting players even if they are not honest for any particular reason or whatever.  The game has interesting characters.

Explore, it's an adventure.

My door is always open. If ya see me ask me anything.

• Confused 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

The tanks comparisons sites are good and use the wg api many have been around for years and they have earned their place.  I agree WoWs could use something like tanks.gg, or wotinspector

It might be tough to build an ingame tool like WoT has, but that would also be handy.

Members
29 posts
1,972 battles

Tanks already has a comparison feature built into the game.  Ships does not.  I really miss that feature in Ships.  That's why I'm looking for a 3rd-party comparison tool to compare different ships' Survivability, Artillery, Torpedos, AA Defense, Maneuverability, and Concealment.

Members
1,052 posts
4,376 battles

If you ever want a ship comparison, just ask me

I'm sitting here writing a Budyonny vs La Galissoniere comparison test and I've run out of material

:SerB: