Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

balance divisions between teams

7 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Divisions need to be balanced between teams when putting the teams together.  This is not something new, and is a lesson already learned by WG in another title.  Divs of players working together have a huge advantage over individuals and really skew the game balance.  The smaller the teams the larger the impact..  The ideal would be to match divs by ship class and tier, but that might have too large an impact on queue times, i would at least match the number of divved players if possible and the tier of ships in the div.  The difference between a div of 3 and a div of 2, is not as great as a div of 2 on one team while the other has no div.

If one team has a div of 2 match a div of at least same tier ships on the opposing team.  Multiple matches tonight where divs were not balanced.. teams with 2 divs vs teams without...    - 2 div team won.  another match where both teams had a div of 2, but the winning team also had a top tier div of 3... 

9 matches tonight, 2 matches no divs... 1 match the losing team had a div of 2, winners none.  Of the remaining 6 battles, all had divs, and in all but 1 case the team with the most divved players won.  There was one where one team had a div of 3 the other a div of 2 and the div 2 team won.

oh and for the stat fans, there really should be stats for solo play vs divved play.  2-3 experienced players working together will have a much higher WR than any individual.  Surprised this isn't already tracked..

Sure I have a small sample size...  track your stats...  compare your results to mine...  

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles

Solo stats are in fact tracked. Just look yourself up on Wows stats and numbers.

As far as matching divs the way you want, I'm not sure they will, or even can. I know that yesterday afternoon, I had a match with 4 people in a div on my team, and 9 ina  div on the other. As you can imagine, that went swimmingly against my team. If they can't match the ship types, they can at least match the numbers. When a match is in essence 9 on 4 from the start, it generally doesn't end well for the 4.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
43 minutes ago, KrasnyKrimzonOktyabrskya said:

Solo stats are in fact tracked. Just look yourself up on Wows stats and numbers.

As far as matching divs the way you want, I'm not sure they will, or even can. I know that yesterday afternoon, I had a match with 4 people in a div on my team, and 9 ina  div on the other. As you can imagine, that went swimmingly against my team. If they can't match the ship types, they can at least match the numbers. When a match is in essence 9 on 4 from the start, it generally doesn't end well for the 4.

ok i don't see solo vs div stats... i just see my stats, but I have never been a part of a div, so that could be why...

wow.. ok yeah divs need to be limited to mebbe 3 players max in random games...  a div of 9 should be in a team battle not random...

They can do it... they may not want to though.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,570 posts
11,192 battles

A team that has 9 players in a divisions means they must have divisioned up at the beginning of the game and don't really know each other plus you barley ever see that  . This is not the problem the problem is clan divisions that play together all the time . You can have only one 3 clan div and one 2 clan division on any side in one game . This is were things get really unbalanced if the clan is good and they play together all the time on discord and know how to play . If you look at a lot of really good players stats you will  see that there solo win rate might be 55% to 60 % which is great but in a 3 or 2 man clan division its 67% to 73% and overall it becomes 61% to 65% . This is were it gets tough for solo players who don't play in divisions it's clan divisions that are tough to play against if you don't have any on your side .

Disclaimer there are plenty of great solo players out there to ...... I don't want to make it sound like there stats are only good because they play the majority of there games in 3 man clan divisions .

Don't get mad at me I'm just saying it helps your team and your stats when you play in a good 3 man clan division .

Edited by clammboy

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

WG learned these lessons in WoT and the smaller the team is the more impact an individual or div will have on the outcome of the match.  The "random" mm should never put a div on one team and not the other..

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I am going to continue monitoring but so far this has held up, but still a small sample size yet, almost always the team with the most divved players wins..  For the first 9 battles I was examining the team list after the battle, i now realize that wasn't the right way to do it.  Players can div up, and players can leave divs.  I will probably go so far as to collect start and game end team lists and take the one with the larger # of divved players.

I have yet to see solo stats, I have looked up a few players and I only see stats under each battle mode, there is no section that shows solo stats or div'd stats within each game mode, looks to be combined.  Can anyone point me to the right place?

Ok, i found the solo stats, I didn't realize  Wows stats and numbers was a website :) thought you meant ingame or on the Wows site.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

all this thought wasted..

which team would you bet on?

The team with 5 uni's split between 2 divs

or

The team with one Div with 3 uni's?

Sign in to follow this