Kizarvexis

Patrol boat with 76mm gun vs cruise ship

17 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah; even with WG’s messed up ramming physics, that’s about like ramming a Yamato with a Benson...

...not gonna end well for the Benson.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles

I thought this was an April fools joke, I'm still not sure it isn't, but it does seem legit. That's just moronic on the gunboat's part. Let's drive into a humongous cruise ship with our tiny boat, that will end well. I mean any WOWS player could have told him to load HE and aim for the superstructure:Smile_teethhappy:

Also, I'm pretty sure that could be considered an act of war against Colombia so doubly dumb. I'm thinking the next couple boats down that way won't be unarmed. It's so ridiculous I still have trouble believing it.

Edited by AJTP89

[TBW]
Members
10,283 posts
17,476 battles

Then there was this guy who tried to ram a hospital ship with a locomotive. Not an April fools either.

LOS ANGELES — A train engineer intentionally drove a speeding locomotive off a track at the Port of Los Angeles because he was suspicious about the presence of a Navy hospital ship docked there amid the coronavirus crisis, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

The locomotive crashed through a series of barriers and fences before coming to rest more than 250 yards (228 meters) from the U.S. Navy Hospital Ship Mercy on Tuesday, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a release.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/02/train-engineer-charged-derailment-usns-mercy-orig-vstop-bdk.cnn

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,625 posts
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I thought this was an April fools joke, I'm still not sure it isn't, but it does seem legit. That's just moronic on the gunboat's part. Let's drive into a humongous cruise ship with our tiny boat, that will end well.

Like I posted in the other thread, this wasn't your everyday cruise ship -- it was an icebreaker with a reinforced hull.

Also, the patrol boat wasn't exactly tiny at 259 feet long.

naiguata-patrol-vessel-venezuela.e55ea4.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles
26 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Like I posted in the other thread, this wasn't your everyday cruise ship -- it was an icebreaker with a reinforced hull.

Alsol the patrol boat wasn't exactly tiny at 259 feet long.

naiguata-patrol-vessel-venezuela.e55ea4.

Yeah when I saw patrol boat I was thinking WWII PT boat, maybe 100 feet with a couple guns stuck on it. Nope, 259 is very respectable. Still though, I would hope that most people would look at the size difference between the two and think ramming them wasn't the best idea. 

Ironically I'm guess that had they waited a bit more before trying to ram the cruise ship would have followed orders, because no sane person is going to argue with an armed warship in a cruise ship. But nope, the gunboat got impatient while they talked with the home office, and got himself sunk. I would hate to be that captain when he gets back to Venezuela.

Edited by AJTP89

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Then there was this guy who tried to ram a hospital ship with a locomotive. Not an April fools either.

LOS ANGELES — A train engineer intentionally drove a speeding locomotive off a track at the Port of Los Angeles because he was suspicious about the presence of a Navy hospital ship docked there amid the coronavirus crisis, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

The locomotive crashed through a series of barriers and fences before coming to rest more than 250 yards (228 meters) from the U.S. Navy Hospital Ship Mercy on Tuesday, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a release.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/02/train-engineer-charged-derailment-usns-mercy-orig-vstop-bdk.cnn

I saw that, I think that guy was just crazy. Concerning that he's driving a multi-ton train, but he just strikes me as nuts. And yeah, that train's definitely going to make it 300 yards without tracks...:fish_palm:

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
8 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

7 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I saw that, I think that guy was just crazy. Concerning that he's driving a multi-ton train, but he just strikes me as nuts. And yeah, that train's definitely going to make it 300 yards without tracks...:fish_palm:

I have a strong feeling this guy is into the QAnon idiocy. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,625 posts
7 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I saw that, I think that guy was just crazy. Concerning that he's driving a multi-ton train, but he just strikes me as nuts. 

I think that's a legitimate assessment.

Moreno’s Wife Said in a GoFundMe Campaign for Her Husband, ‘Eddie Is Not Hurt Physically But Isn’t With Us at This Time’

[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
1,529 posts
4,599 battles

Maybe a lack of food and toilet paper, like most of Venezuela is suffering from drove the crew of that patrol boat mad... 

Well, you never know..? :cap_rambo:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,767 posts
4,630 battles

The captain wouldn't be so stupid; I wager he was acting under direct orders.  Thus, Venezuela seems to be trying to adopt the tactics of North Korea —

"If it's civilized, do the opposite.  At least they'll notice you." 

Venezuela not very good at it yet.

NPR gave a more detailed description of the train driver's "reasoning" than other sources.  Boiled down, it was,

"Trump sent boat.  Trump bad.  Train smash boat."

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLFO]
Members
538 posts
4,171 battles

just caught this myself,

The Train v. Boat, is just as loony.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 minute ago, freggo said:

Trying to intimidate a Ship owned and operated by Germans... you better bring lots of big guns then :-)

:Smile_teethhappy:

Heavily armored to boot as it was designed for polar cruises.

[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,084 battles
22 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Heavily armored to boot as it was designed for polar cruises.

That captain should have checked Wikipedia on the ship's details before deciding to ram; or at least get out a ramming flag :-)

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
Just now, freggo said:

That captain should have checked Wikipedia on the ship's details before deciding to ram; or at least get out a ramming flag :-)