Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Planetos

Revisiting Missouri

6 comments in this topic

[VENUM]
Members
64 posts
6,825 battles

So I have recently started playing my Missouri again since I got an American captain to 19 points and noticed that the secondaries on this beautiful ship are soo lackluster its not even funny. All of the vids I have watched show here as being a close range ship, and using Radar when necessary to find and kill DDs. But how is she supposed to effectively kill anything close range with secondaries that fire every 5.1 seconds even with a secondary build? I watched Notser's original Missouri video from 2 years ago and his vid shows Missouri as having 5.1s ROF stock, my captain has all secondary skills trained and i even have the secondary booster on the ship but the ROF currently still stinks at a horrid 5.1s. Did WG nerf he secondary battery of Missouri at somepoint and i did not notice until now? 

here is the video if anyone cares to watch it. and if there were nerfs to the secondaries i would love to see the patch notes regarding this change. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,124 posts
4,088 battles

The secondaries weren't nerfed, and it's never been a brawling ship.

Play it just like an Iowa, mid range support with potential for flanking. The radar is useful, but you have to use islands to get in range to use it. Don't center the play around it.

All USN secondaries on the line ships are meh, and always have been. GA, MA, and OH are awesome secondaries. NC, IA, and MT not so much. If you want a brawler go play the Germans.

Also he doesn't say those are the stock values on the secondaries. Those are the upgraded numbers.

Members
4,458 posts
19,466 battles
23 minutes ago, Planetos said:

All of the vids I have watched show here as being a close range ship, and using Radar when necessary to find and kill DDs.

The Trumpwagon is no brawler by any means. Poor maneuverability, weak side armor, and slow turret traverse say no way to brawling. She's a intermediate to long rang shooter. I've never used her radar in Co-op or Randoms because I've never been close  enough to smokies to use it. And a BB is not the best platform for DD hunting.

[VENUM]
Members
64 posts
6,825 battles

i do play her at mid to long range. thank you for the constructive input. what do you suggest in the 3rd slot in the current meta then since the secondaries are meh? plotting room would not really help because of the already slow shells. is the new turret traverse mod the go-to since AA is already OP past tier 8?

as for the secondaries on all USA BBs being meh, The Monty still has a faster ROF and better range, just found it odd the Miss was just soo bad at close range defense.

thanks again for the feedback. 

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,799 battles
4 minutes ago, Planetos said:

is the new turret traverse mod the go-to since AA is already OP past tier 8?

Yes and no. 

Turret traverse is pretty much the way to go for USN BBs due to not having access to Aiming Systems. A 15% reduction in traverse time is quite significant. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

Tech Tree USN BBs have always been terrible Secondary Battery Build candidates.  That was true when the game launched in late summer 2015 and it still is true in April 2020.

Range and reload are the reasons why.  The 127mm/38 gun as a Secondary weapon is nowhere near in performance like they were IRL, you'll be hard pressed to find a similar sized gun in that capacity worse than they really were than that USN gun.

In Tier VIII North Carolina and Premium Alabama you get 7.2km and 5.4 seconds reload (SBM1 upgrade + BFT + AFT).

Garbage.

In Tier IX Iowa with a similar build, you get 8.64km range which is still pathetic in Tier IX, along with the still very slow 5.4 seconds reload.  If you sacrifice APRM2 in Slot 6 to take AAM2 upgrade, the reload is still very slow at 4.32 seconds.

Garbage.

Missouri is pretty much Iowa with Radar, so her Secondaries will be similar.

Even in Tier X Montana, she still sucks despite actually having a faster reload.  With similar build to North Carolina, it's still an awful 8.64km range.  The reload is a bit better at 3.6 seconds.  If Montana sacrifices APRM2 in Slot 6 for AAM2 it improves to 2.8 seconds.  The reload is better than prior tech tree USN BBs but it still isn't competitive to the Secondaries Monsters in High Tier.

It's only with 3 specific Premiums (4 of you want to be funny) that USN BBs have competitive Secondaries:  VIII Massachusetts / Mass-B, IX Georgia, and X Ohio (Research Bureau).

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this