Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

A suggestion about earning steel

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I have a suggestion about earning steel.  So since everyone basically says you lose credits in playing Tier X and there is basically no point unless you run a camo; why don't you award 10 steel per win for playing a Tier X.  Basically that is the trade off, lose credits but you earn steel, at an incredibly slow pace.  I am assuming most people don't play clan battles, and that is where you earn the chunk of steel.  So players really don't get the opportunity to earn steel ships unless you play ranked; ranked is not always available, and the majority of people can't even get passed rank 5.    I would love to play the steel ships but I don't think I really ever since getting steel is hard.   Just a suggestion for those who don't have time for clan wars.  

In addition, I guess since there are bots in the game, award the 10 steel to the top 7 players on the winning team, just for extra measure. 

   @Hapa_FodderI really hope this is something you guys will consider.  It will give an extra reason for players to actually grind to tier X besides research Bureau.  I would love you guys if you did implement something like this. 

Edited by kishan99
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,487 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

I have a suggestion about earning steel.  So since everyone basically says you lose credits in playing Tier X and there is basically no point unless you run a camo; why don't you award 10 steel per win for playing a Tier X.  Basically that is the trade off, lose credits but you earn steel, at an incredibly slow pace.  I am assuming most people don't play clan battles, and that is where you earn the chunk of steel.  So players really don't get the opportunity to earn steel ships unless you play ranked; ranked is not always available, and the majority of people can't even get passed rank 5.    I would love to play the steel ships but I don't think I really ever since getting steel is hard.   Just a suggestion for those who don't have time for clan wars.  

In addition, I guess since there are bots in the game, award the 10 steel to the top 7 players on the winning team, just for extra measure.  

The point of Steel is WG wants you to play ranked or CBs to earn it, also is why coal is a thing for the people that dont play the game modes to get steel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

The point of Steel is WG wants you to play ranked or CBs to earn it, also is why coal is a thing for the people that dont play the game modes to get steel.

that is the problem...  Some people just don't have time to do CBs due to jobs or other commitments.  That shouldn't restrict people to get steel ships.  Ranked is the only option but there aren't seasons every month.  If I were to only do ranked, the progression is at a snail's pace.  Leave things how they are, but introduce another method to earn them that is open to everyone, not matter the time, but a really slow pace.

 

And the rate of 10 steel = 1 win in Tier X seems balanced because at the rate, you need basically 2,000 battles (all wins).  If someone has a 50% win rate, it would basically take 4,000 battles which seems fair enough to me

Edited by kishan99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[T_O_P]
Members
551 posts

...or have a reverse (coal -> steel) exchange as well. Some people may have all the coal ships but like @kishan99 said do not have time to commit to CB doe to real life commitments. I see no reason for those people to not be able to exchange whatever coal they accumulated into steel and get a steel ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[CAP]
Members
406 posts
17,163 battles
36 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

...or have a reverse (coal -> steel) exchange as well. Some people may have all the coal ships but like @kishan99 said do not have time to commit to CB doe to real life commitments. I see no reason for those people to not be able to exchange whatever coal they accumulated into steel and get a steel ship. 

If WG is interested in making more money they can just offer the steel ships for cash after they are available for Steel for 6-9 months. Then flip them and offer them for coal after a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
44 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

..or have a reverse (coal -> steel) exchange as well. Some people may have all the coal ships but like @kishan99 said do not have time to commit to CB doe to real life commitments. I see no reason for those people to not be able to exchange whatever coal they accumulated into steel and get a steel ship. 

I like that idea a lot

 

 

6 minutes ago, Jitta77 said:

If WG is interested in making more money they can just offer the steel ships for cash after they are available for Steel for 6-9 months. Then flip them and offer them for coal after a year.

they could...  But if WG wants to finally prove that they aren't all about money, they could not do that and do the exchange.  I have hope after I saw them give everyone free 14 days premium and 14 days WoT premium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×