You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

And despite my best efforts...

12 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
Members
439 posts
17,314 battles

I am finding my win rate dropping rather rapidly since 9.2.0.  I am thinking they increased the AI level on the bots somewhat for Co-op.  The Euro-Swede DD camo grind didn't help, either, especially the lower tier ones that are very unsuited to Co-op.  My kill ratio has followed a similar trend to win rate in the same time period.

I also notice that the mercy rule had sort of "dwindled" in frequency in 9.2.0 but came roaring back in 9.2.1 and it's been really onerous for me lately.

If not better bot AI, then the player base has been increasing in potato-ness, which hardly seems possible... we're approaching brain dead already.  The only thing some seem good at is hiding behind a rock while I wear something down with my DD and then coming out to blap them dead and go hide again... usually while my torps are tracking and about to hit.

To paraphrase the old Winston TV commercial, I'm playing more and enjoying it less (a few will be old enough to get that reference).

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

i did almost 100k damage in my Bayern last night in a tier 6 battle and still lost... my best game to date in it :(

[VN]
Members
251 posts
6,598 battles

I've had games near or over 150k and still lost.
I've gotten killed early when I'm the only human and went riding with the green bots and they are programed to lose.
I  mean the green bots just sail up now and suicide, they'll even deliberately point their guns several degrees from a close target and shoot in the water etc.
WG doesn't want people playing PvsE, it's really obvious.
Between that and them screwing over two of my favorite ships with the so called balancing recently, I've pretty much quit playing.

I used to play 10 to 20 matches a day, now I can count on one hand, the number of games I've played in the last week or maybe two now.
I've just gone back to watching Twitch and Netflix. lol

Edited by Ericmopar

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
6 hours ago, Ericmopar said:

WG doesn't want people playing PvsE, it's really obvious.

Oh yeah. Sure. That's why they decided they were going to:

a) Add points to each side to decrease the chances of the mercy rule kicking in

b) Make all consumables into free, premium consumables.

Sorry, mate; that's hardly the mark of developers who are trying to s**t on the Co-op crowd.

[VN]
Members
251 posts
6,598 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh yeah. Sure. That's why they decided they were going to:

a) Add points to each side to decrease the chances of the mercy rule kicking in

b) Make all consumables into free, premium consumables.

Sorry, mate; that's hardly the mark of developers who are trying to s**t on the Co-op crowd.

What "free" premium consumables?
What increased points? Last time I was playing, there where still as many as 3 red bots left at the end of a game.

Edited by Ericmopar

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
1 minute ago, Ericmopar said:

What "free" premium consumables?
What increased points? Last time I was playing, there where still as many as 3 red bots left at the end of a game.

As of 0.9.4, all consumables will be premium consumables and will be free of charge.

In addition, in the same patch, the number of points each team has at the start is being increased, so that the Mercy Rule is less likely to trigger.

Read the damn news.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[VN]
Members
251 posts
6,598 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Read the damn news.

I do, just not within the last few days. I haven't loaded into the game very much for two weeks.

[ICOP]
Members
439 posts
17,314 battles

I think there was a time WG wanted to "chase" folk out of Co-op, but those who prefer it have made it quite popular and WG is responding.  They're like government, they don't respond quickly, but I think they finally are showing signs that they "get it".

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
21 hours ago, Thunder_Feet said:

I think there was a time WG wanted to "chase" folk out of Co-op, but those who prefer it have made it quite popular and WG is responding.  They're like government, they don't respond quickly, but I think they finally are showing signs that they "get it".

i think this is a wait and see at this point... with them chasing people out of ops...

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
4 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i think this is a wait and see at this point... with them chasing people out of ops...

My feelings on ops are mixed. It's clear that Narai had become nothing more than a farming operation, but the whole thing with ANY of the ops is that they require a limited range of ships for optimal results. I tried grinding Zara and Gorizia (the latter for her PR missions) in Narai and it was clear that neither ship really belonged there. If people were doing it purely for the enjoyment, they wouldn't be screaming about how the economy was nerfed (especially for limited teams).

In retrospect I think the real solution was to disallow taking divs into off-rotation ops and to disallow full seven-ship divisions. If you forced people who wanted to farm operations to do the op of the week in standard divisions rather than their own little cliques, it might lift the general quality of the teams doing the trickier ops (especially Newport) and not cause people to see them in such a bad light. And it would have put a complete stop to the hardcore farming which made WG feel obliged to kick Narai in the teeth.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

to be honest i think they should just restrict how often you can do it for full rewards... just like other games and the way they only allow you to earn full rewards for a 'raid' once a week that sort of thing. - they could then even increase the rewards if they wanted to without breaking the economy...

I agree running one op over and over within a session .. is a clear indicator, that it sure ain't just for fun.