You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

HMS Campbeltown question

6 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
834 posts
3,389 battles

Since when can a WWI destroyer with one torpedo launcher on each side that holds FOUR torpedoes fire 9 torpedoed at once?

i was just in a coop battle, and enemy Campbeltown sand a Clemson, them me with ONE torpedo salve, I know because I watched them all and counted NINE torpedoes, then I looked at the Campbeltown in was in and said to my self " wth".....no other enemy ship[ insight or on the map, no carriers

[REVY]
Members
2,639 posts
14,459 battles

need to see a replay to fully understand what you are saying.

Based on what you are saying there was a Campbeltown and a Clemson and if they both fired a salvo from one side that would be 9 torpedos.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
834 posts
3,389 battles

the Clemson was on my team, we were both killing the other Campbeltown

Allied torpedoes have a whits signal enemy have red

[REVY]
Members
2,639 posts
14,459 battles
11 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

the Clemson was on my team, we were both killing the other Campbeltown

Allied torpedoes have a whits signal enemy have red

again, without a replay its difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

i was just in a coop battle, and enemy Campbeltown sand a Clemson, them me with ONE torpedo salve

Based on that sentence I believed you were saying the enemies were a Campbeltown and a Clemson.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,723 posts
11,087 battles

If the Cambeltown was moving towards you in a zig zag pattern, they could fire a rack on one side, then a rack on the other, and then as they approached you about 60 seconds later, fire the first rack again.  Since each rack holds 3 torps, that would be a total of nine torps.  The torps on the Cambeltown are slow torps at 57knots, so they would take a while to get to you .  The Cambeltown ship travels at 35knots, which is only 20knots slower than the torps.  That ship could fire its rack a second time and they would only be a short distance behind the first, especially if the second shot was at close range.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
834 posts
3,389 battles
10 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

again, without a replay its difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

Based on that sentence I believed you were saying the enemies were a Campbeltown and a Clemson.

the Clemson and me were both on the same team, only the Campbeltown was on the enemy team