You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
paradat

German CV's inbound

67 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles

Looks like we have German CV's on the way.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpghttps://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/04/st-5-x-new-german-aircraft-carriers-z-35.html

Also a new DD

5.jpg

Main Characteristics of German CV's.
Airplanes have comparatively high cruise speed, but their HP pool is below average.
Key Features:
* Attack aircraft use armour-piercing rockets. 
These rockets can deal high damage by hitting an enemy ship's citadel, but they allow a familiar counter-play: when they hit at an acute angle, they can ricochet or simply not penetrate the armour. Rockets fired at broadsided destroyers –with their thin armour– will result in over-penetrations that deal 10% of the maximum damage. Armor-piercing rockets can also ricochet against destroyers' end armour when the ship is bow-in to the planes. Therefore, a player's reaction against such rockets should be similar to the actions one would take against armour-piercing shells.
* Bombers use armour-piercing bombs. 
Unlike the Japanese bombers, German ones dive immediately, without the prior altitude gain. Their drop zone is shaped like an elongated ellipse, and aiming it during an attack may be difficult. 
These bombs will be most effective against slower opponents.
* The final shape of torpedo bomber's launching cone is similar to that of Japanese and American torpedo bombers. 
The torpedoes have a range of 6 km.
The stats of these Aircraft carriers and Z-35, as well as the Z-35's concept will be published in the near future, stay tuned.
  • Cool 5

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles
5 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

If we get just different strengths of the GZ its going to be disappointment because that ship is a straight turd. It belongs in T6.

Great meme boat though. 

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
7 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

If we get just different strengths of the GZ its going to be disappointment because that ship is a straight turd. It belongs in T6.

Looks like it's they aren't going to be copypastes of her, they have AP rockets and different aiming ellipses on the AP bombers from GZ(same style of dive though). They maintain her fast planes supposedly. I hope they have her sick secondary accuracy too.

[PISD]
Members
1,282 posts
5,274 battles

Ok, I am happy to see German CV before Russia CV.

but what about the other CV of the odd tier? And why a paper CV line before Italian DD/ BB?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles

Looks like Hapa already put a thread out on this.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,073 battles

Hope there AP rockets have the same cone as the GZ

[TARK]
Members
6,633 posts
2,525 battles

AP bombs with an ellipse?

So, worse performance than GZ bombs.

AP rockets that can be easily mitigated by turning...

The torpedoes better be amazing...or the ships have some other gimmick to sell them.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
14 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

AP bombs with an ellipse?

So, worse performance than GZ bombs.

An ellipse is far more accurate than a circle. That's a straight improvement.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles

I can't deny that I am excited about these ships... but I am also cautiously optimistic, at best. I don't want to have too high of an expectation, only to be disappointed later... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Still, all these ships look mighty smexy, in a typical German fashion... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[NH]
Members
1,769 posts

zero ability to start fires and DDs can bounce rockets  So that means no overmatch so these will be of low caliber rockets. WIll be useless on anything but CLs

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
4 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

zero ability to start fires and DDs can bounce rockets  So that means no overmatch so these will be of low caliber rockets. WIll be useless on anything but CLs

That's my worry too. Going all in on AP is something very difficult to balance.

• Cool 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,689 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Looks like we have German CV's on the way.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpghttps://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/04/st-5-x-new-german-aircraft-carriers-z-35.html

Also a new DD

5.jpg

Main Characteristics of German CV's.
Airplanes have comparatively high cruise speed, but their HP pool is below average.
Key Features:
* Attack aircraft use armour-piercing rockets. 
These rockets can deal high damage by hitting an enemy ship's citadel, but they allow a familiar counter-play: when they hit at an acute angle, they can ricochet or simply not penetrate the armour. Rockets fired at broadsided destroyers –with their thin armour– will result in over-penetrations that deal 10% of the maximum damage. Armor-piercing rockets can also ricochet against destroyers' end armour when the ship is bow-in to the planes. Therefore, a player's reaction against such rockets should be similar to the actions one would take against armour-piercing shells.
* Bombers use armour-piercing bombs. 
Unlike the Japanese bombers, German ones dive immediately, without the prior altitude gain. Their drop zone is shaped like an elongated ellipse, and aiming it during an attack may be difficult. 
These bombs will be most effective against slower opponents.
* The final shape of torpedo bomber's launching cone is similar to that of Japanese and American torpedo bombers. 
The torpedoes have a range of 6 km.
The stats of these Aircraft carriers and Z-35, as well as the Z-35's concept will be published in the near future, stay tuned.

Oink Goltz!

Can't wait.

This is an "augmented Kriegsmarine", imagine Admiral Raeder and Hitler seeing this!
It's also a sign that sooner or later other WoWs navies will have their own CV tech trees.
Next? Stalin"s dreams?
Maybe take some time to develop the real Regia Marina RN Aquila.

Subs? New CVs? And subs?
Somebody leaked the same team working on CVs was working on subs. Was that true?
When do we see the subs?

I am however disappointed as I expected also WG to provide details about the new TX German Premium CV, the Grosseschweinkreuzerflugzeugeboot, "Graf Franz von Goltz" or simply, "The Goltz".
First premium paper ship named after a player, probably the best player here,priced $1000.

Triple bacon cheese!

• Funny 2

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,048 posts
12,728 battles

As much as I like Graf Zeppelin, I'm just not seeing them as being any good. Looks like whoever came up with the original anti-battleship IJN CV's back in the playtest had their hand in these.

Going out of their way to build a CV line that has no Anti-DD weapon is just gonna relegate them to competing for bottom of the barrel with the RN CV's.

Now, too bad they didn't do something interesting like use AP rockets and HE dive bombers, so the ships would work backwards from a regular CV.

Only real good things I see coming out of this is I'll be able to use Graf Zeppelin for naval battles, and I'll have another tier 6 CV for operations.

[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
3 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

That's my worry too. Going all in on AP is something very difficult to balance.

I can imagine terrible line of thinking here. Lets give them AP rockets so they wont give DDs such a hard time but will be able to get some awesome damage in. Developers: Sir the testing is back and AP rockets did way too much damage. We had to lower pen. Boss: That sounds fine that you balanced it. Testers: uh with the lower damage doesn't that just make the rockets like HE without being able to cause fires. Boss: No, its different than that. What you are talking about is called SAP.

/facepalm

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers

[BB-C4]
Beta Testers
107 posts
9,389 battles

Z-35 I look forward to seeing the stats.

A german CV branch? WHYYYY? You have a whole bunch of battlecruisers, panzerschiffe or alternative destroyers that could fill a 4th branch (or a couple sub-branches) for Germany but instead we get a potentially fake cv branch that may or may not be even based on real paper designs. Honestly I think German battlecruisers/panzerschiffe branch would’ve generated a fair bit of anticipation in comparison to a (potentially)fake CV branch. I really don’t understand WG’s thought process with this decision.

With Agir and Siegfried coming at some point, I was expecting a panzerschiffe or battlecruiser branch as the next branch for Germany until now. Nice way to crush my hopes/excitement.

[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
2 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

Z-35 I look forward to seeing the stats.

A german CV branch? WHYYYY? You have a whole bunch of battlecruisers, panzerschiffe or alternative destroyers that could fill a 4th branch (or a couple sub-branches) for Germany but instead we get a potentially fake cv branch that may or may not be even based on real paper designs. Honestly I think German battlecruisers/panzerschiffe branch would’ve generated a fair bit of anticipation in comparison to a fake CV branch. I really don’t understand WG’s thought process with this decision.

Notice the single guns on Z-35. This must be one heck of a torpedo boat.

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers

Members
111 posts
5,439 battles
5 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

Ok, I am happy to see German CV before Russia CV.

but what about the other CV of the odd tier? And why a paper CV line before Italian DD/ BB?

I believe they said before their goal is to release one new line of a different ship type per year, or something like that. This will be the CV line for this year. We already have the pan-eu destroyers, so the Italian DDs probably wont come this year. As far as the BB line, and a true full cruiser line, goes we will just have to wait and see.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,076 posts
23,845 battles

I'm all for more Carriers.  Hell, I still want Bogue, Independence, Hiryu, Essex, Taiho to return.

But a full-fledged German CV Line is ridiculous because they got ZERO actual tradition in Carriers.  Graf Zeppelin wasn't even f--king in service, and the Luftwaffe and Hermann Goring absolutely HATED the Kriegsmarine, so it was already a big stretch to have her in the d*mn game.  The Luftwaffe already had massive land-based commitments and it saw no reason to dump trained aviators and sacrifice airframes for Kriegsmarine Carrier use.  Even the actual aircraft being intended for use on Graf Zeppelin were behind what was actually in service with other navies.  The Luftwaffe had no heart in the idea of German Carriers.

I've been an advocate for Carriers for a long time in WoWS, but a German CV Line is just outright laughable.  Can we get the Royal Mongolian Navy and get them a Battleship and Carrier Line also?  They have just as much merit on having them if the Germans are getting a Carrier Line.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'm all for more Carriers.  Hell, I still want Bogue, Independence, Hiryu, Essex, Taiho to return.

But a full-fledged German CV Line is ridiculous because they got ZERO actual tradition in Carriers.  Graf Zeppelin wasn't even f--king in service, and the Luftwaffe and Hermann Goring absolutely HATED the Kriegsmarine, so it was already a big stretch to have her in the d*mn game.  The Luftwaffe already had massive land-based commitments and it saw no reason to dump trained aviators and sacrifice airframes for Kriegsmarine Carrier use.  Even the actual aircraft being intended for use on Graf Zeppelin were behind what was actually in service with other navies.  The Luftwaffe had no heart in the idea of German Carriers.

I've been an advocate for Carriers for a long time in WoWS, but a German CV Line is just outright laughable.  Can we get the Royal Mongolian Navy and get them a Battleship and Carrier Line also?  They have just as much merit on having them if the Germans are getting a Carrier Line.

You make a very good point... but at this point in time for this game, I'm honestly not surprised that we're getting a German CV line. I personally say whatever goes, these days, since I kinda stopped caring too much on such things... lol. :Smile_hiding:

I mean, the moment that ships like Bajie were released, I kind of had a hunch that some implausible ship lines might get announced some day, including German CV's. I guess that moment just came sooner than I expected it to be, lel. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I hope you get the point that I'm trying to make... lul. :Smile_hiding:

Besides, I like the German ships in this game. I personally wouldn't mind rounding out their fleet with all the ship types, even if some of them were implausible fake ones... lal. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[BLEP]
Members
545 posts
11,577 battles
7 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

WHAT!!! The GZ is a great CV if you know how to use it. 

Edited by Gospel_
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,103 posts
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It is more than a little late to advocate for realism in WoWs.

[NUWES]
Members
3,138 posts
10,745 battles

I have to admit I am happy that they named the T10 after the Red Baron. It would be cool if it gets a special camo with a red Fokker triplane painted on the side. 

• Cool 1