Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CommodorePerryIPA

PSA: Beware of Recruiting Station Pitfall if Recruited More than Once

1 comment in this topic

Members
251 posts
7,968 battles

As the Recruiting Station is around longer and longer, it will happen that players may be legitimately eligible to be recruited more than one time over their long careers.  This happened to me. 

I had stopped playing when the Recruiting Station was first implemented.  I got recruited and came back into the game (with some very nice rewards!).  I had a lot of fun and played for a long time.  Then, after burnout from a partial Puerto Rico grind, I stopped playing on January 1, 2020.  I had fun doing other things for a change.  Anyway, COVID-19 hit the world and decided to start playing while stuck at home. I contacted a different player who had been very helpful to me in the forums and asked to be recruited.  He quoted War Gaming "It is impossible to accept multiple invitations from more than one recruiter".

So I went back to my original recruiter and he sent me the link, at 91 days.  I played some battles but got no rewards. Thinking perhaps there was an unwritten rule we could only be recruited once, I asked Support about it.  I got a quick reply:

Dear CommodorePerryIPA,

I want to inform you that you can be recruited for more than 1 time. However, you can't accept the invite from the same person who already recruited you. 

So, I thought I was following both the letter and spirit of the rules, but because of that lost out on the rewards.  In essence, the rules have a Catch-22:  You cannot be recruited by a different person but must be recruited by a different person.

So, in summary, if you find yourself ready to return after a second break, make sure to be recruited by a DIFFERENT person, even though the rules say you cannot be.

I have asked for compensation.  I will let you know how that goes.

Edited by CommodorePerryIPA
Grammar correction
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this