You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FullMetal_Inferno

Rocket Proposal

7 comments in this topic

Members
348 posts
5,730 battles

Yeah they're no fun, I get it. Yeah I think CVs should be able to hurt DDs. Do I agree with the amount of damage? Combined with the spotting planes provide, the damage is too much.

Why can't we just reduce the rockets per salvo? I don't think we need to shoot a million (obviously exaggerating here) HVARs on every attack.

Maybe we could nerf the HE damage and make them more DOT weapons?

But AP rockets? That just doesn't seem healthy especially if they are pushing for a 203mm shell effect.

I just want to specify that I'm speaking at least from a T8 perspective. I feel like T6 is relatively where CVs need to be and T4 is out of control because planes are attacking WW1 vessels with little to no AA.

Thoughts?

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
314 posts
6,856 battles

My concern would be the response to reducing salvo size would be to tighten the attack area...……. basically negating it.  

Also, AP rockets will most likely overpen DD's, so there is that.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,855 posts
14,882 battles
40 minutes ago, DEWEY_96_ said:

Also, AP rockets will most likely overpen DD's, so there is that.

This, AP rockets are effectively a nerf when used against DD's where HE is all or nothing for direct damage.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
314 posts
6,856 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, AP rockets are effectively a nerf when used against DD's where HE is all or nothing for direct damage.

That's why all the craziness about the new line for the Germans is really over hyped IMO.  I think they'll find they are underpowered as AP rockets will only be good against BB's as you won't get to go at CA/CL's due to AA (low HP pool on those planes) and DD's they will be ineffective... I mean an overpen of a 203 shell is what, about 300 or 400 damage?  

[SYN]
Members
15,931 posts
12,803 battles

did WG ever fix the rocket plane exploit, where if you fly over an island, you can shoot your rockets from outside of AA range?

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,314 posts
6,608 battles
2 hours ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

Yeah they're no fun, I get it. Yeah I think CVs should be able to hurt DDs. Do I agree with the amount of damage? Combined with the spotting planes provide, the damage is too much.

Why can't we just reduce the rockets per salvo? I don't think we need to shoot a million (obviously exaggerating here) HVARs on every attack.

Maybe we could nerf the HE damage and make them more DOT weapons?

But AP rockets? That just doesn't seem healthy especially if they are pushing for a 203mm shell effect.

I just want to specify that I'm speaking at least from a T8 perspective. I feel like T6 is relatively where CVs need to be and T4 is out of control because planes are attacking WW1 vessels with little to no AA.

Thoughts?

Oink Goltz!
Mmmhh... Don't know.
When I rocket a DD or any other ship with my CVs, I always have the impression that there are not enough rockets.
Strange.
Are you really sure there are that many rockets?
They nerfed them so much, now it can take up to 4 runs to kill a single DD.
Very strange.
Triple bacon cheese and one vodka!

• Funny 1