You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Crij

Problem in Armory - Rent Ship for Doubloons/Resources Random Pick

16 comments in this topic

[-K_P-]
Members
410 posts
3,450 battles

Is there a bug in the Armory Random ship rental?  On both of them (Rent ship for Doubloons & Rent ship for Resources), the ship that came up I already have. 

Why would I waste Doubloons/Resources to rent a ship that is already in my port?  They should have been locked out automatically, as it blocks players from trying a ship they don't have.  Please fix this

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,595 posts
2,433 battles

The entire randomness part needs to just be removed.  Let us pick the ship we wanna try out.

• Cool 3

[PNP]
Members
460 posts
4,261 battles

Its a feature, not a bug. Others had the same problem as well. You will just have to buy the rental so you can purchase the next one after.

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,298 battles

no, not a bug  really.

I think the issue is that the Rental Ships are considered their own 'ship', separate from the actual 'owned' ships.

Usually around Clan Wars you can get a couple of T10 Rental ships after playing a battle or so in Randoms. Even if you already have the ship, the Rentals appear in your ship list, but with 'Rental' next to them.

I agree if you already own the thing, you shouldn't have to purchase the Rental just to get past the bundle.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

if you own the ship u still get the 6pt captain, but that's it...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
1 hour ago, RighteousRhyno said:

Its a feature, not a bug. Others had the same problem as well. You will just have to buy the rental so you can purchase the next one after.

The point being, why would OP waste his time taking a rental on a ship he already has? 

Are they really that incompetent that they can't create a system check to see what the player has, and offer him something he doesn't?

Or do you really think it's smart to offer players ships they already have as rentals, forcing them to rent several ships to try a ship they don't have?:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,921 posts
26,913 battles

It's written there: if you get the same ship again, you can play it for another 24 hours. 

• Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

It's written there: if you get the same ship again, you can play it for another 24 hours. 

that only refers to if you already have the ship as a rental...  the issue here is why would a player rent a ship he already owns...  in this case would you pay 250dbl for a 6pt captain because that's all they get for paying 250dbl.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,921 posts
26,913 battles

TBH: I thought it's a April Fools thing. Why rent a random premium ships for gold? Why for 250k, considering how many complain about money in the forum. And why ships that are only aviable in Christmas crates?

Two or three years ago, you could get randomly a premium ship for a test drive. If you liked it, you could get it uo to 30% off. That was a good idea. This idea is just wrong. 

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
1 hour ago, Crij said:

Is there a bug in the Armory Random ship rental?  On both of them (Rent ship for Doubloons & Rent ship for Resources), the ship that came up I already have. 

Why would I waste Doubloons/Resources to rent a ship that is already in my port?  They should have been locked out automatically, as it blocks players from trying a ship they don't have.  Please fix this

^^This^^  Totally agree

Georgia was my first rental offer, yet she is already in my port as I bought it when it first came out.

Fail!

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

i'm only spending silver, and 250k is easily earned with a premium rental ship, even at 3.5 million for all of them, that is 14 6pt captains, and premium ships for 2 weeks to earn 3.5 mil...  seems like a decent deal to me.

oh and i don't think i own any of the rentals

[-K_P-]
Members
410 posts
3,450 battles
On 4/2/2020 at 1:07 PM, Lord_Slayer said:

Usually around Clan Wars you can get a couple of T10 Rental ships after playing a battle or so in Randoms. Even if you already have the ship, the Rentals appear in your ship list, but with 'Rental' next to them.

The clan war rentals were free, these cost V-coinage

On 4/2/2020 at 2:26 PM, SKurj said:

i'm only spending silver, and 250k is easily earned with a premium rental ship, even at 3.5 million for all of them, that is 14 6pt captains, and premium ships for 2 weeks to earn 3.5 mil...  seems like a decent deal to me.

Do you get to keep the captains?, with previous rentals the captains went away after the rental period ended.

Members
746 posts

Not seeing WG's mythical spreadsheets makes it hard to nail down, but it seems like they aren't doing it right if they want people to pay money for a rental ship. Are players really paying doubloons to rent ships they already have in the hopes of being able to pay even more for a ship that they don't have? 

I'm going to chalk a lot of the recent debacles - the anemic Pan Euro DDs, the new Russian cruisers that no want asked for, the botched doubloon rental system - on WG employees being kind of out of it in light of the impending global recession and pandemic. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
9 hours ago, Crij said:

Do you get to keep the captains?, with previous rentals the captains went away after the rental period ended.

yes you get to keep the captains

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
8 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Not seeing WG's mythical spreadsheets makes it hard to nail down, but it seems like they aren't doing it right if they want people to pay money for a rental ship. Are players really paying doubloons to rent ships they already have in the hopes of being able to pay even more for a ship that they don't have? 

I'm going to chalk a lot of the recent debacles - the anemic Pan Euro DDs, the new Russian cruisers that no want asked for, the botched doubloon rental system - on WG employees being kind of out of it in light of the impending global recession and pandemic. 

Maybe they hoped new players would spend the dbl to play with the big toys... i dunno...   

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,298 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 10:22 PM, Crij said:

yes, the ships for clan wars are free and these are for coinage, but they are still rentals and what I said still applies.
They have a rental tag, which means its a 'different' ship then a tech tree/premium, so if you own the tech tree/premium you can also get the rental in your port as well.