You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_Hf93Jbjm9WjT

70 planes shot down (random battle, versus Midway with t8 Cheshire)

23 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,467 posts
6,527 battles

Damn,  that was one dedicated Midway pilot!   

• Funny 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

And despite the number of planes shot down, he was still able to dunk on you.

• Cool 2

0 posts
6 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

And despite the number of planes shot down, he was still able to dunk on you.

so? I lived, and tanked the enemy CV for (almost) the entire battle. As a bottom tier cruiser in a support role, I couldn't expect a better result.

[ANKER]
Members
254 posts
5,026 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

image.thumb.png.e07e75ab65db68458cf1da568f9ec5c2.png

image.png.5f4b1051ada359ac762a048a303ed0e6.png

One of my best ever scores.

image.png.7303171e3d8df28743fc2ae7908be269.png

I lost, happily.

:cap_rambo: On Behalf of all CV's Lamb's Salute to you!  :cap_win:

:cap_hmm: Cv's needs Buff?

• Funny 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
30 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

so? I lived, and tanked the enemy CV for (almost) the entire battle. As a bottom tier cruiser in a support role, I couldn't expect a better result.

Just pointing out that CVs are still broken, and WG still hasn't done anything. That's all, carry on.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

0 posts
16 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

:cap_hmm: Cv's needs Buff?

CV player's brain needed a buff in this case, I suspect!

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,133 posts
19,226 battles

Well, I must say I'm pleasantly impressed! Lovin' every minute of it!

[SALVO]
Members
24,851 posts
25,947 battles

I lost, happily.

LB, was the Midway after you, or were you providing AA protection for a team mate?

Anyways, for what it's worth, these RN CA's seem to have pretty decent AA.

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

Looking at LWM review of the Mainz, under AA I think the Cheshire was top; so I would hope the planes would be affected.

As you say @LoveBote the CV player was possibly fixated on the wrong target! Nice job still :Smile_honoring:

[SALVO]
Members
24,851 posts
25,947 battles

This is a very important fact that way too many people overlook when playing against CVs.  If you can shoot down a large number of planes and stay alive for a long time while the enemy CV seems dedicated to sinking you, you are indeed tanking a lot of potential damage for your team and keeping the enemy CV very occupied.  Not the most enjoyable use of one's time in a battle, but the same holds true for BBs that are tanking a lot of damage and drawing the attention of the enemy.  Mind you, the BB is still probably capable of doing significant damage while it's being a popular target of the enemy. 

Honestly, I don't know why the enemy CV was so interested in you in a bottom tier cruiser, or if you were just acting as AA support for a friendly who was the enemy CV's real target.   Either way, you provided an important service to your team, though sadly in a loss.

[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles

Sigh, those numbers are what the ATL and Flints of the past, use to do to determined CV drivers. Not anymore...

GJ I hope the result is not a one time only affair.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Anyways, for what it's worth, these RN CA's seem to have pretty decent AA.

Its not the "pretty decent AA", it the retarded CV player doing all the job in killing his own planes...

0 posts
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

LB, was the Midway after you, or were you providing AA protection for a team mate?

Anyways, for what it's worth, these RN CA's seem to have pretty decent AA

At first I was covering a (well played but daring) Khaba that was ninja stealing a cap (at battle start), thereafter  I think I represented a rock hugging threat to enemy dds on the A) flank. Finally, I got bored and started causing trouble, from then on it was full on CV focus drops on me. My Cheshire build has zero AA upgrades, nor AA captain perks. Just image.png.ba161e5303f25f17c3ef60a21924b0ca.png  

10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, I don't know why the enemy CV was so interested in you in a bottom tier cruiser, or if you were just acting as AA support for a friendly who was the enemy CV's real target.   Either way, you provided an important service to your team, though sadly in a loss.

supporting our Khaba and defending a cap/

17 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

As you say @LoveBote the CV player was possibly fixated on the wrong target! Nice job still :Smile_honoring:

yeh, a competent CV player would have an appropriately specced CV captain in their Midway, and would have not have wasted so much time on me, or suffered such dire losses. Still, I like to think versus a good CV player, I'd have still made them pay a toll fee for each squadron attack run.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,291 posts
12,313 battles
29 minutes ago, Crucis said:

CV was probably thinking a lower Tier ship would be easier to take out then a high tier ship.

Would need to see a replay, but it could be the CV thought a CA and a DD by themselves was a better target if other ships were grouped together more.

Next question is how did OP's CV do if the Red CV was so focused on him. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,106 posts
23,865 battles
2 hours ago, iRA6E said:

Damn,  that was one dedicated Midway pilot!   

Even in the RTS CV days, there were those CV players that just kept feeding AA monsters wave after wave of planes.  I could be in Atlanta, Cleveland, Des Memes, or an obvious AA Battleship like High Tier USN BBs, whatever... Some of those dudes were just too stubborn.

It's one thing if you catch them with an unfamiliar ship that is actually an AA monster, you whack their planes, and they learn their lesson.  But it's another when they just keep trying again and again.  Sometimes there's a game situation where the CV has no choice but to feed planes into an AA meat grinder, but when the CV goes after my AA ship and not the isolated Tirpitz 10km away, well... What can you do?

LightheartedEasyHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

No mercy.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,453 posts
10,654 battles

Potato CV will often get salty about you shooting down their planes so they will attack you again to get revenge and when you shoot their planes down again they get even saltier. Basically they're entitled bullies that can't handle someone hitting them back. 

[NH]
Members
1,771 posts
1 hour ago, Vector03 said:

Just pointing out that CVs are still broken, and WG still hasn't done anything. That's all, carry on.

Its not about you.

2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

I lost, happily.

Nice job, That still scored some pretty decent XP for a loss.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
2 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Its not about you.

I'm a customer of WG, so it is about me. CVs are broken, I have every right to voice my concerns.

0 posts
5 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Its not about you.

definitely, it demonstrates that shooting down planes is a good xp/credit earner, and that the rewards are quite decent.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
52 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

I'm a customer of WG, so it is about me

You often say that you don't play anymore, and all you do is complain about WG running their business like it's a business. Anything you can complain about, you complain about, as often as possible. I have sincere doubts that you contribute to the bottom line. You strike me as the type that would bring his own coffee to a cafe to use their free wifi for 5 hours and then complain that "this is no way to treat your customers!" when you are asked to leave.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
20 minutes ago, legozer said:

You often say that you don't play anymore, and all you do is complain about WG running their business like it's a business. Anything you can complain about, you complain about, as often as possible. I have sincere doubts that you contribute to the bottom line. You strike me as the type that would bring his own coffee to a cafe to use their free wifi for 5 hours and then complain that "this is no way to treat your customers!" when you are asked to leave.

I contributed over $1k to WoT. You don't really know me. I play WoWs for free, partly to make up for how much I spent on WoT. My word counts just as much as anyone's here.