You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Clan Brawl

32 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
13,914 battles

Gather your friends and fight for credits, Coal, and Steel in a new Clan Brawl!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1

[OSIMA]
Members
58 posts
17,034 battles

Were some of those maps intentionally added as an April Fool's gimmick lastnight ?  The best was the enemy BB spawning in our group while ours spawned in their group.  Then the other map where the two CV's were on opposite sides in the maps corner.  Either way it made for some hysterically funny first minutes.  

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
817 posts
9,732 battles
16 minutes ago, CptRigPig said:

Were some of those maps intentionally added as an April Fool's gimmick lastnight ?  The best was the enemy BB spawning in our group while ours spawned in their group.  Then the other map where the two CV's were on opposite sides in the maps corner.  Either way it made for some hysterically funny first minutes.  

Wow, interesting, never seen that before. Luls

we did get ocean With epicenter map for one battle which was actually fun. Except for prolly the enemy smaland who had no place to hide.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,556 posts
11,753 battles

Was in GK for the battleship map. Lucky someone was in WG discord a got us the map before it happens.  We knew it was coming.  I took Cv and the gearing to half before I was seriously burned to death from the two cruisers.  The other side BB took out our CV, and a DM, in Monty.   Was crazy.

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,556 posts
11,753 battles

Was in GK for the battleship map. Lucky someone was in WG discord a got us the map before it happens.  We knew it was coming.  I took Cv and the gearing to half before I was seriously burned to death from the two cruisers.  The other side BB took out our CV, and a DM, in Monty.   Was crazy.

On another note,  How does a clan on EU get 50 battles win in 3 hours?

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

It was funny getting that BB spawn.  If you had a Kremlin with the turret traverse module...boom, good luck.  If you didn't have a DD with torpedo reload boost...you were in trouble.

I think these "special" Brawls should not use up resources (signals/camos).  Especially if someone is going to get screwed in the name of "silliness".

Overall, the CVs really ruin this.  In the 5v5, the CVs dramatically impacted things and having a really good CV driver made a difference.  Another bad thing was you were FORCED to have a CV, which means for some clans, someone who would have been better in another ship had to play the CV if they were the only one that had one. 

I really hope WG understands what they are doing to their game by keeping CVs in the game.  No, they don't do a ton of damage usually, but their impact is just as great now as it was in the RTS mode.

• Cool 2

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,556 posts
11,753 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

It was funny getting that BB spawn.  If you had a Kremlin with the turret traverse module...boom, good luck.  If you didn't have a DD with torpedo reload boost...you were in trouble.

I think these "special" Brawls should not use up resources (signals/camos).  Especially if someone is going to get screwed in the name of "silliness".

Overall, the CVs really ruin this.  In the 5v5, the CVs dramatically impacted things and having a really good CV driver made a difference.  Another bad thing was you were FORCED to have a CV, which means for some clans, someone who would have been better in another ship had to play the CV if they were the only one that had one. 

I really hope WG understands what they are doing to their game by keeping CVs in the game.  No, they don't do a ton of damage usually, but their impact is just as great now as it was in the RTS mode.

Luckily the Clan has a good CV friend that can move to our clan and play his CV for us.  It has us scrambling to Lvl the line to get a tier X CV to do these.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
332 posts
9,309 battles

Why would WG put the NA players on at 00:00 to 05:00 AM next morning to play clan brawls ? What do they think ? None of the NA players have jobs or families ? What a waste of time again .

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
10 minutes ago, Sere_Pj said:

Why would WG put the NA players on at 00:00 to 05:00 AM next morning to play clan brawls ? What do they think ? None of the NA players have jobs or families ? What a waste of time again .

The time is listed as UTC.  This is 7PM CDT for example.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
795 posts
5,917 battles
34 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I thought it was a fun event and allowed for some diverse game play. As far as the CVs go, as a mainly DD player I didn’t mind as it let the CV only players join in the fun and clans to rethink and change some proven strays.

The BB spawn in enemy spawn was great. I had this in my 1st ever CB in a BB. My GK was a beast in there. I was lucky my clan had played this so gave me a bit of a heads up as I’d never seen this. 174k in 2.5 mins play for a record for me. 7 hits, 5 citadels and a dead CV ... most satisfying although I did feel a bit guilty as the clan we faced had never seen this. 

It would have been nice if there’d been a CV rental available so clans without CVs were able to join in  - @Happa_ Fodder ... this wasn’t something we experienced but I know there were others this did affect.

Well done WG for the changes. I’d like to see some of the maps added to regular CB. The ocean map (one of my favorites any way) would be a welcome change.

Good luck everyone and stay safe!

• Cool 1

Members
126 posts
2,067 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Again, another useless rant on how CV ruin the game. Simply adapt and learn. Every ship has its place in the game in any event.

You are not FORCED in any way shape or form to play the event. That was you're choice knowing CV was finally getting to play in events like CBs.  WG doesn't need to understand anything. You just need to man up and deal with it.  The world isn't going to bend to make you happy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
126 posts
2,067 battles
39 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

I thought it was a fun event and allowed for some diverse game play. As far as the CVs go, as a mainly DD player I didn’t mind as it let the CV only players join in the fun and clans to rethink and change some proven strays.

The BB spawn in enemy spawn was great. I had this in my 1st ever CB in a BB. My GK was a beast in there. I was lucky my clan had played this so gave me a bit of a heads up as I’d never seen this. 174k in 2.5 mins play for a record for me. 7 hits, 5 citadels and a dead CV ... most satisfying although I did feel a bit guilty as the clan we faced had never seen this. 

It would have been nice if there’d been a CV rental available so clans without CVs were able to join in  - @Happa_ Fodder ... this wasn’t something we experienced but I know there were others this did affect.

Well done WG for the changes. I’d like to see some of the maps added to regular CB. The ocean map (one of my favorites any way) would be a welcome change.

Good luck everyone and stay safe!

Someone gets it.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KOTSB]
Members
16 posts
13,879 battles

CV In a 4 man match LOL, so basically which clan has the better CV player wins GG WGing GG, that small of team I don't get it, how do you not think CV will rule the game in the end???? 

[VIRII]
[VIRII]
Members
12 posts
9,949 battles

As usual WG forcing carriers down everyone's throat... Wouldn't it be nice if for once they met the people who believe CVs ruin the game half way and give us a mode that doesn't allow them, at least ONCE IN AWHILE?

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
2 hours ago, motleytanker said:

Again, another useless rant on how CV ruin the game. Simply adapt and learn. Every ship has its place in the game in any event.

You are not FORCED in any way shape or form to play the event. That was you're choice knowing CV was finally getting to play in events like CBs.  WG doesn't need to understand anything. You just need to man up and deal with it.  The world isn't going to bend to make you happy.

If you looked at that and the word "rant" came to mind, you must have a really poor experience here on these forums.  I am well aware of whether or not I have to attend events.  The feedback I am leaving is that in my opinion, and that of my clan, was that the CVs made for much less fun than other clan brawls.  

And yes, actually, WG does need to understand the opinions of its players or there won't be a game..  I run into many people who do not think CVs belong in the game (including every streamer that I watch)....and far less that believe they do.  You believe they do - good for you (at the tiers you focus on, they really aren't a huge problem btw).  You are in the minority but unlike you, I can respect that you have your opinion.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Members
126 posts
2,067 battles
37 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

If you looked at that and the word "rant" came to mind, you must have a really poor experience here on these forums.  I am well aware of whether or not I have to attend events.  The feedback I am leaving is that in my opinion, and that of my clan, was that the CVs made for much less fun than other clan brawls.  

And yes, actually, WG does need to understand the opinions of its players or there won't be a game..  I run into many people who do not think CVs belong in the game (including every streamer that I watch)....and far less that believe they do.  You believe they do - good for you (at the tiers you focus on, they really aren't a huge problem btw).  You are in the minority but unlike you, I can respect that you have your opinion.

This is the opinion of you and you're clan with a few others and I get that but it doesn't mean the game is going to die either. It simply means the game will continue to grow and change which is good. People will either learn to adjust and learn or take their ball home. That attitude will never change.

NO class should be excluded from any event out there. Our clan played the whole night and had a blast with only two CV players to use for the clan brawl. Your going to have different skilled player's in any class ship out there that can influence the battle outcome no matter what ship is played. This is my opinion and I respect yours as well. We just don't agree  but to say its going to kill a game ... That's been repeated over and over in the forums about CVs in the game but yet the numbers say different. You still get in battles pretty fast.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
5 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

This is the opinion of you and you're clan with a few others and I get that but it doesn't mean the game is going to die either. It simply means the game will continue to grow and change which is good. People will either learn to adjust and learn or take their ball home. That attitude will never change.

NO class should be excluded from any event out there. Our clan played the whole night and had a blast with only two CV players to use for the clan brawl. Your going to have different skilled player's in any class ship out there that can influence the battle outcome no matter what ship is played. This is my opinion and I respect yours as well. We just don't agree  but to say its going to kill a game ... That's been repeated over and over in the forums about CVs in the game but yet the numbers say different. You still get in battles pretty fast.

I never said anything about killing the game, though I wholeheartedly believe the current CV interaction with the game is hurting it.  I'm fine with adapting to new game mechanics that fall in line with the rest of the game.  I play decent AA ships almost exclusively...pretty much so I don't have to worry about it as much (though planes still, oddly enough, get through).  CVs are a round peg for a square hole at best, which is where the issue comes from.  No other class in the game is limited to just 1-2 per randoms - there is a reason for that.  No other class in the game can say "This person will not beat us" and actually make it happen consistently - CVs can and do.

Anyways - I'm glad some clans had fun.  The 2 groups we had, even when winning, did not have a ton of fun.

• Cool 2

[O_S_D]
Members
174 posts
15,225 battles

The news article says ships will be T8, but when I select Clan Brawl as a battle type only T10 ships are allowed.  Which tier is it? Or does it change each day?

[INS]
[INS]
Members
5 posts
4,729 battles

im looking for couple active guys to join clan please clan name is instagators ins also do they give rentals for the braewl

Edited by instgtr75

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,049 battles

This says it's for April 4. Welp, in game right now it says clan brawl is active for five more hours.

Might want to get your notice right for once, WG. I mean, SERIOUSLY?

This is just utter chaos. Who is driving this bloody ship?