You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SloppyJ0e

Saw this little beaut at the end of an operation....

19 comments in this topic

[CYPHR]
[CYPHR]
Members
1,038 posts
9,363 battles
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fe7d893ad830c8f4a6389b6b3c55f2c1.png

The title says it all!

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,120 posts
13,731 battles
11 minutes ago, SloppyJ0e said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.fe7d893ad830c8f4a6389b6b3c55f2c1.png

The title says it all!

Yes, it is in Raptor Rescue. If you torpedo it  you get an achievement.

[INTEL]
Members
13,046 posts
35,988 battles

I torped it once with Mutsu torps.....

[YORHA]
Members
4,993 posts
9,979 battles

Would have loved to see that, but my ENTIRE TEAM DIED BEFORE THEY EVEN GOT TO THE FIRST CHECKPOINT!

And, as the one lone CV left, you don't have much of a chance.

[WORX]
Members
10,612 posts
18,506 battles

Quick questions...

What is that boat??

How to you get it to appear ?

Will any ordnance sink it ??

Do anyone have a pic of the achievement some claimed on the thread >?

[TCCN]
Members
14 posts
6,441 battles

Quick questions...

What is that boat??       Basically a carnival target

How to you get it to appear ?     It appears at the far side of the exit circle in Raptor Rescue,  sails between 2 islands

Will any ordnance sink it ??  Torpedoes will hit it, you can't sink it

Do anyone have a pic of the achievement some claimed on the thread >?  Achievement is called insert coin

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
805 posts
7,168 battles

It's the Bad Advice Captains ship, and has a random chance of spawning only in Raptor Rescue.

There are three exit points in Raptor Rescue, and the ship will randomly spawn once the exit location is determined. If it does spawn it will simply sail back and forth between a pair of islands that are beyond the map boundary. You can't sink it, hitting it with shells or aerial torpedos won't do anything. If you hit it with ship torpedos, it will light up with a humorous 2D cartoon explosion, and then reverse course and keep sailing back and forth. You can't lock on to it so you have to calculate the torpedo lead yourself.

The achievement is called Insert Coin, and the achievement itself is a reference to the old Sea Wolf arcade game. It is only one of two unique achievements that you can get in Ops, the other being Save Commander Jenkins in Killer Whale. You can earn the achievement only once.

Insert Coin.png

seawolf.png

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Cool 3

[-RNG-]
Members
544 posts
13,331 battles

I loved that game. I think that is where my love of DDs in this game comes from.  I’m genuinely curious about subs to come.

Comp. #WV44

[-PVE-]
Members
253 posts
13,017 battles
32 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

It's the Bad Advice Captains ship, and has a random chance of spawning only in Raptor Rescue.

There are three exit points in Raptor Rescue, and the ship will randomly spawn once the exit location is determined. If it does spawn it will simply sail back and forth between a pair of islands that are beyond the map boundary. You can't sink it, hitting it with shells or aerial torpedos won't do anything. If you hit it with ship torpedos, it will light up with a humorous 2D cartoon explosion, and then reverse course and keep sailing back and forth. You can't lock on to it so you have to calculate the torpedo lead yourself.

The achievement is called Insert Coin, and the achievement itself is a reference to the old Sea Wolf arcade game. It is only one of two unique achievements that you can get in Ops, the other being Save Commander Jenkins in Killer Whale. You can earn the achievement only once.

Thanks for this information, while I knew about the ship and hitting it with torps, the rest of the information was new to me. Again thanks.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
805 posts
7,168 battles
On 4/2/2020 at 9:47 AM, Mykawa said:

Thanks for this information, while I knew about the ship and hitting it with torps, the rest of the information was new to me. Again thanks.

You're welcome :Smile_Default:

Here's a better view I was able to get from running Raptor Rescue last night. Each of the three exits has a similar pair of islands beyond the map boundary.

shot-20.04.02_23.07.28-0161.jpg

shot-20.04.02_23.07.44-0558.jpg

shot-20.04.02_23.08.30-0437.jpg

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
805 posts
7,168 battles
Just now, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I just nailed him tonight in my Vasteras!

I have found Raptor Rescue to be the only scenario In which Vasteras can perform decently.

Congrats!

[O_O]
Members
673 posts
On 4/6/2020 at 12:29 AM, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I just nailed him tonight in my Vasteras!

I have found Raptor Rescue to be the only scenario In which Vasteras can perform decently.

I had some decent success with her in Killer Whale, but I agree she really shines in Raptor.  I don't know if she will be any good in Aegis, I typically lean on smokes when I play DDs in that op.

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,744 battles

LOL i can't remember if i ever hit it, seems like every time that blasted little ship shows up i'm not in position to be able to torp it.. LOL  I think last year i had one chance and missed as it was a snap shot at 7k..  

I remember that Sea Wolf game it was fun.. Maybe that's why i went into Submarines in the Navy.. LOL.. 

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
805 posts
7,168 battles
4 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

LOL i can't remember if i ever hit it, seems like every time that blasted little ship shows up i'm not in position to be able to torp it.. LOL  I think last year i had one chance and missed as it was a snap shot at 7k..  

I remember that Sea Wolf game it was fun.. Maybe that's why i went into Submarines in the Navy.. LOL.. 

It took me numerous attempts. If I took a DD or cruiser with torps, either the ships never spawned or I was sunk beforehand. And there were several attempts where I launched fish and missed, and didn't have enough time to reload and try again. There was another time in my Molotov where I thought I was going to get it, but I launched from too far away and the torps ran out of gas (4km torps). There's been other times where I'm in a ship with no torps and he shows up :fish_palm: (I rotate through various ships when I do ops).

What finally got it for me was my T-61. Did well in the battle, went after and sank the 2nd CV, and was in a great position when Cap spawned in :cap_look:. My first set missed. Adjusted my lead for the second set and got it! :cap_win:

By comparison, getting the "Save Commander Jenkins" award in Killer Whale is easier. Insert Coin tests your skill at predicting your torpedo launch angle without using the targeting indicator.