You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

Andrew Cunningham

29 comments in this topic

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles

So i am right now trying to find the best spot to put this commander Right now i have 2m elite commander xp. more then the amount to make him 19 point captain.   Just not sure what T10 ship i should put him on.  Its a toss up between Dearing/ Goliath/ Audacious

Daring : Can make could potentially get all three perk activated. But wither going to be a Bi3$# to do so  with low fire chance.

Goliath : Can make could potentially get all three perk activated. Torps are going to suck to get two floods so that looks like it out. plus i would lose .5 sec of my current build of gun rotation speed

Audacious:  Can get all three potentially perks active. But does not get the awesome tracer effect.

So lets see if you guys/ gals can help me out with my T10  British commander pick.

[RAGE]
Members
341 posts
5,682 battles

Put him in the ship that you will play most..

• Cool 1

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
8 minutes ago, mumphred said:

i play them about the same. I do alot of T10 game play

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
37 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

Audacious:  Can get all three potentially perks active. But does not get the awesome tracer effect.

Unfortunately WG did not implement the extra consumable to aircraft.

Sinking two ships has no benefit. 

Edited by Sumseaman

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

Audacious is a  very easy activation for him -- first run of TBs will activate him.

• Cool 1

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
38 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Unfortunately WG did not implement the extra consumable to aircraft.

Sinking two ships has no benefit. 

Damn so it will not effect planes consumables.  I guess that would make it to Dearing and Goliath 

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,417 battles
2 hours ago, DeadIyArT said:

But wither going to be a Bi3$# to do so  with low fire chance.

What???

Daring is literally the BEST fire starter in the game, even better than Smolensk

Put him on Daring and enjoy a permanent DPM boost after getting witherer in 4 minutes

Conqueror and Goliath doesn't even come close to fire lighting of Daring

Daring: 11% * 6 guns * 29.14 rpm = 19.23 fires/min

Goliath: 28% * 12 guns * 3.69 rpm = 12.39 fires/min

Conqueror: 50% * 12 guns * 2.27 rpm = 13.62 fires/min

Smolensk: 7% * 16 guns * 16.84 rpm = 18.86 fires/min

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
3 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

What???

Daring is literally the BEST fire starter in the game, even better than Smolensk

Put him on Daring and enjoy a permanent DPM boost after getting witherer in 4 minutes

Can't argue there.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles
11 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

What???

on paper but in game does not add up. its like the EU AA on paper looks ok but in game is god

Members
2,891 posts
36,672 battles
3 hours ago, DeadIyArT said:

So i am right now trying to find the best spot to put this commander Right now i have 2m elite commander xp. more then the amount to make him 19 point captain.   Just not sure what T10 ship i should put him on.  Its a toss up between Dearing/ Goliath/ Audacious

Dearing : Can make could potentially get all three perk activated. But wither going to be a Bi3$# to do so  with low fire chance.

Goliath : Can make could potentially get all three perk activated. Torps are going to suck to get two floods so that looks like it out. plus i would lose .5 sec of my current build of gun rotation speed

So lets see if you guys/ gals can help me out with my T10  British commander pick.

If you CV a lot. Use him. Tracers are overrated..

If you are an excellent gunnery player, then conquerer or Thunderer. A DD player sees large caliber HE tracers and it can be a bit unsettling. Smolly players are still in a therapy session and are unavailable for comment.

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,209 battles
58 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

What???

Put him on Daring and enjoy a permanent DPM boost after getting witherer in 4 minutes.

Whatever you say.

Unfortunately I flat out don’t believe it.

Members
2,438 posts
5,370 battles

I'm putting him on my UK BBs that im grinding. He will eventually stay on Conq

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,507 battles

I put him on Goliath and find he is a big help. The biggest bonus from him is the extra consumables charge for 2 kills. Goliath only comes with 1 heal standard so 2 w/ SI and just 3 w/ Premium. So when this skill is activated you get 4. BIG help. 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,533 posts
13,903 battles
8 hours ago, DeadIyArT said:

Dearing : Can make could potentially get all three perk activated. But wither going to be a Bi3$# to do so  with low fire chance.

Here's the thing,

Though there is some good advice and conversation going on, you have to be careful, because, FOR YOU things might play out different. For the following reasons, what do YOU play more? What do you enjoy playing? What are you good in? All these factors can change things.... I am a DD main, so I have him in Daring, but I do move him around, like I put him in the RN CA's while I was grinding them, several times popped various talents...  etc etc....

Though it is true, certain Legendary Commanders can have better perks for certain ships, it does change depending on YOUR play style, the best thing is to look at their talents and then cater to that for you.

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
807 posts
9,683 battles
35 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Here's the thing,

Though there is some good advice and conversation going on, you have to be careful, because, FOR YOU things might play out different. For the following reasons, what do YOU play more? What do you enjoy playing? What are you good in? All these factors can change things.... I am a DD main, so I have him in Daring, but I do move him around, like I put him in the RN CA's while I was grinding them, several times popped various talents...  etc etc....

Though it is true, certain Legendary Commanders can have better perks for certain ships, it does change depending on YOUR play style, the best thing is to look at their talents and then cater to that for you.

-Hapa

This is a good point. The likelihood of me grinding the U.K. cv line anytime soon is somewhere between no way and absolutely not. Just too many other friends going. So my plan is to also put him in daring once he’s leveled up more

• Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,780 battles
9 hours ago, DeadIyArT said:

9% base fire chance on 6 guns with a 2.7sec base reload (gets to about 12% on a 2sec reload with BFT and reload mod. It makes it the best Firestarter in the game DD wise. maybe you have IFHE, which is no longer needed on Daring. Also, flooding counts toward Witherer too, but flooding is even more inconsistent than fire damage due to the fact that floods basically force a dam con, and fires are used to stack DOT damage while dam con is on cooldown

Edited by tfcas119

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,068 battles

So after alot of good suggestion I have finally put him on Daring.  Thanks all for advice

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,507 battles
20 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

So after alot of good suggestion I have finally put him on Dearing.  Thanks all for advice

:Smile_honoring:

Btw - it's DARING not Dearing. Just FYI not an attack.

Members
1,357 posts
1,286 battles
14 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Yeah, on paper that's what it looks like, but in reality you're not getting anywhere close to those numbers. Getting 18 or 19 fires in an entire match is extremely rare, let alone per minute.

• Cool 1

[_GAD_]
Members
106 posts
7,068 battles
6 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Yeah, on paper that's what it looks like, but in reality you're not getting anywhere close to those numbers. Getting 18 or 19 fires in an entire match is extremely rare, let alone per minute.

That's not the point.

This is a very simplified analysis that looks at the Theoretical fires per minute. It doesn't take into account different builds, that not all shells will hit the target, hitting parts of a ship that are already on fire, or the baked-in/module fire chance reduction of the ship you are shooting.

Yes, obviously you will not get 19 fires per minute in any ship, the numbers are there just to show the Theoretical fires per minute.

Edited by SirPent13
formatting

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,377 battles

The only ship I can get 19 fires in occasionally is the indomitable and even then it is so late in the match the perk does not have much impact on the outcome.   The other issue is the indomitable has no torps so the easier buff to trigger is not possible.   

I have Andrew in my audacious however he also goes in my ark Royal and indomitable.   I have seen the most use with him in the ark Royal doing operations.  They tend to last long enough to get the most out of his buffs.

[APES]
Members
990 posts
6,314 battles
On 4/2/2020 at 1:45 AM, mumphred said:

This. 10x this. Special captain abilities matching the ship is at most a secondary concern. Admiral ABC's special abilities triggering 100 times a week on the ship you play the most is more impactful than they triggering 5 timers a week on the most optimal ship.

Members
1,357 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, SirPent13 said:

That's not the point.

This is a very simplified analysis that looks at the Theoretical fires per minute. It doesn't take into account different builds, that not all shells will hit the target, hitting parts of a ship that are already on fire, or the baked-in/module fire chance reduction of the ship you are shooting.

Yes, obviously you will not get 19 fires per minute in any ship, the numbers are there just to show the Theoretical fires per minute.

no, I get that, but it also doesn't take into account the actual ship type and how it's played. A Daring doesn't have anywhere close to the same range as say a Conqueror, nor the shell velocity, nor the durability. It may have a theoretical potential to start more fires, but it can't be blazing guns all game constantly firing on ships all over the map like a Conqueror can.

[_GAD_]
Members
106 posts
7,068 battles
7 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

no, I get that, but it also doesn't take into account the actual ship type and how it's played. A Daring doesn't have anywhere close to the same range as say a Conqueror, nor the shell velocity, nor the durability. It may have a theoretical potential to start more fires, but it can't be blazing guns all game constantly firing on ships all over the map like a Conqueror can.

Ok, I see where you're coming from. And I agree, a Conqueror would be better/ easier to get Witherer in. But with Daring, because it has such a high FPM,  you can prey on BB's that juts repaired fires, and then quickly spam them to set as many fires as you can, smoking up after a couple of seconds, and then just stealth up and let the fires burn. Granted, a lot of things need to go right in order to get Witherer, but it's by no means bad at getting it. 

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles
On 4/2/2020 at 4:35 AM, DolphinPrincess said:

What???

Your numbers are very wrong. I assume you're giving some ships a boost from demo expert and signals and others not but im really not sure where you got 7% for Smol from or 50% for Conq. I mean you can get 50% on Conq with demo expert but why would you flush 3 points for that skill on that ship? Goliath is also 24% not 28%. But I digress.

Base fire chance Daring is 8% which is the same as Smol. Smol spits out 75% more shells per minute meaning a 75% greater chance of starting a fire on a per salvo basis. Assuming equal RNG gods favoring Smol is lighting about 2 fires for every 1 of Darings. Its not even close. This also doesn't take into account the range discrepancy or the fact that Smol has much better ballistics.

Edited by ksix