You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skyspartan

Battleships spawning with the enemy

32 comments in this topic

[HOT]
Members
260 posts
6,999 battles

image.png.be5ba0c6ca7eb0497757dcef477972c1.pnglook at this(Clan Brawl)

Nice joke wargaming i was wondering my my CV secondaries were going off i havent heard those go off in years

end result both BBs and CVs died

• Funny 6

[LANCE]
Members
795 posts
5,913 battles

I had my 1st CB in my GK (usually play a DD in CB) and my clan mates where like “Bravo as soon as we start, back up and turn your guns to left and put you secondaries on the DD!”. I had no idea why until the start of the battle and noticed I was in the spawn with the enemy, there CV was to my left! 7 hits and 5 citadels later there poor CV was sunk and my secondaries were taking chunks out their DD. I managed another 2 salvos before going down :cap_haloween: 147k battle that lasted about 2 mins for me.

Took them by shock as they’d never played that mode before. Felt so good and so bad at the same time!

Edited by Bravo4zero

[V1LIN]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
613 posts
9,058 battles

Those were very fun and hilarious.

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,141 battles
4 hours ago, _Jayzilla said:

Once might have been funny, but they did it to me TWICE in 6 battles...so 33% of the time?

And it cost me 210,000 credits each time to resupply the Montana + the battle credit lost. So I figure that the [edited] who originally came up with the idea owes me about 600K credits for his bad joke + an apology to everyone he screwed over. 
OTOH, if you thought it was that hilarious, maybe you'd like to pay me half of it?

And isn't it wonderful how WoW had time for this, but still can't find the time to fix some of the long standing problems with the game?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 8

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Once might have been funny, but they did it to me TWICE in 6 battles...so 33% of the time?

And it cost me 210,000 credits each time to resupply the Montana + the battle credit lost. So I figure that the [edited] who originally came up with the idea owes me about 600K credits for his bad joke + an apology to everyone he screwed over. 
OTOH, if you thought it was that hilarious, maybe you'd like to pay me half of it?

And isn't it wonderful how WoW had time for this, but still can't find the time to fix some of the long standing problems with the game?

They owe you nothing. But they do owe us a good April Fools mode.

~Hunter

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,141 battles
39 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

They owe you nothing. But they do owe us a good April Fools mode.

~Hunter

No. If they'd told us they were going to screw with us in the Brawl, then fine...we have a choice to play in it, or not. But they didn't.

My clan is small & has not been able to get enough players together for the previous clan battles, but here we only needed 5? Great! Some of us bought a T10 ship just for the event & were excited to be able to play in it. Meanwhile, some REMF a-hole in his basement was snickering about how much fun it will be to screw over us? 
Nice move, WoW!

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
1 hour ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

No. If they'd told us they were going to screw with us in the Brawl, then fine...we have a choice to play in it, or not. But they didn't.

My clan is small & has not been able to get enough players together for the previous clan battles, but here we only needed 5? Great! Some of us bought a T10 ship just for the event & were excited to be able to play in it. Meanwhile, some REMF a-hole in his basement was snickering about how much fun it will be to screw over us? 
Nice move, WoW!

Or you could just disregard Clan Brawl since the rewards are dysmal and instead just enjoy the pure keks that come from this. Hell, I'd have loved to spawn on the enemy's side in something like a GK or a Republique, something that's hard to citadel. All the laughs I can get from that. I take it as it is and decide to just have fun with it.

~Hunter

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
Supertester
125 posts
16,297 battles
3 hours ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Clan battles income and XP are fixed.  Everyone on the winning team gets the same amount no matter what they do.  Just like everyone on the losing team gets the same amount but obviously less than the winning team gets.  Example everyone on the winning team gets 2500 base XP and everyone on the losing team gets 250 base XP.  The same is for credits.  Yes both teams will probably lose the battleships at the start but it is up to your team to win the game. 

Clan brawl is about having fun as a clan not the rewards.

Edited by MegaZao

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
12 hours ago, Skyspartan said:

look at this(Clan Brawl)

Nice joke wargaming i was wondering my my CV secondaries were going off i havent heard those go off in years

end result both BBs and CVs died

So they died but killed the enemy CVs? If so they are heroes!!!! :Smile_medal: 

[V1LIN]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
613 posts
9,058 battles
10 hours ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Nice move, WoW!

Strong emotions for a game mode which is optional, for a game which is largely free. If you realized that you were getting no real reward or progression from clan brawl then why bother to keep playing? It is just as easy to recoup any losses from a couple of battles just from divisions with your clan members. The spawn points came as a surprise for everyone, some were able to learn quickly from it, so at the end of the day no one owes anything to anyone.

[-VT-]
Members
781 posts
9,244 battles

I had fun playing in the slwarb nalc last night.  Playing on the polar map with 5km spotting, playing mountain range with CVs spawning in gun range of the enemy teams, the ocean and two brothers maps with epicenter, was hilarious.

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,141 battles
17 hours ago, MegaZao said:

Clan battles income and XP are fixed.  Everyone on the winning team gets the same amount no matter what they do.  Just like everyone on the losing team gets the same amount but obviously less than the winning team gets.  Example everyone on the winning team gets 2500 base XP and everyone on the losing team gets 250 base XP.  The same is for credits.  Yes both teams will probably lose the battleships at the start but it is up to your team to win the game. 

You need to read what I said again. I said, ""And it cost me 210,000 credits each time to resupply the Montana..." That's resupply as in The Mods to the ship. It costs 210,000 credits every time it goes out.  And tonight I got screwed again. My fault for not expecting April Fools to extend past April First.   ; (

• Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
10,044 battles
17 hours ago, MegaZao said:

Imagine though, if your BB player goes off to the bathroom during queue and ending up on that map.

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles
On 4/2/2020 at 12:16 AM, _Jayzilla said:

Still would have like to have had the Bathtub battles. 

Edited by USMC2145

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
180 posts
7,808 battles

i thought it was fun since i was running smol and only the 1 time did the enemy bb pay me attention else wise i got to nom on a bb and lol on the 5km map a z52 appeared in front of my smol..... i detonated him:Smile_trollface:

[OO7]
Supertester
125 posts
16,297 battles
5 hours ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

You need to read what I said again. I said, ""And it cost me 210,000 credits each time to resupply the Montana..." That's resupply as in The Mods to the ship. It costs 210,000 credits every time it goes out.  And tonight I got screwed again. My fault for not expecting April Fools to extend past April First.   ; (

Yes, I understood that.  What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if you do zero damage or 200k damage in a loss playing a clan mode.  It doesn't matter what the spawns are if you lose as a team you all make the same fixed income as a team.  Just like if you win it doesn't matter if you do zero damage in a win everybody on the team makes the the same credits.  

If you are losing money you would still lose the same amount if you lost with regular spawns.  

[OO7]
Supertester
125 posts
16,297 battles
5 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

Imagine though, if your BB player goes off to the bathroom during queue and ending up on that map.

That's the risk you run not going back to port and waiting.  

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,141 battles
5 hours ago, MegaZao said:

Yes, I understood that.  What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if you do zero damage or 200k damage in a loss playing a clan mode.  It doesn't matter what the spawns are if you lose as a team you all make the same fixed income as a team.  Just like if you win it doesn't matter if you do zero damage in a win everybody on the team makes the the same credits.  

If you are losing money you would still lose the same amount if you lost with regular spawns.  

You still missed the point. Losing 600,000+ credits because some sadist thinks it's funny, isn't a joke. It's player abuse. And we get more than enough of that already. 

• Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,104 battles

It would be popular on the RU server for all ships to spawn in a single location.

It would indulge their penchant for brawling and no one would have the penalty for TK'ing their carrier, which I'm also told is not unusual. 

[OO7]
Supertester
125 posts
16,297 battles
48 minutes ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

You still missed the point. Losing 600,000+ credits because some sadist thinks it's funny, isn't a joke. It's player abuse. And we get more than enough of that already. 

Both teams deal with the same scenario at the same time.  That's not player abuse as the economy for all clan modes is the same and well known.   You aren't being put it any bigger handicap than the other team.  It was clear from the announcement and the screwed up random battle modes that this wasn't going to be a normal clan brawl.  Otherwise it would have been announced way in advance like the one that is this Saturday with tier 8 ships. I played bb last night and got that map one time.  Back up turn guns dev strike the CV turn guns the other way dev strike Salem and die.  Clan battles are about working together as a team and adapting to the scenario.  

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
10,044 battles
7 hours ago, MegaZao said:

That's the risk you run not going back to port and waiting.  

Well he will forever immortalized on dragons soundboard, so I think the consequences will be much greater than losing a single battle  to OO7. 

We also had another game on Land of Fire where he failed to kill the carrier, but somehow the rest of us manged to claw the game back despite being down a CV.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Supertester
125 posts
16,297 battles
29 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Well he will forever immortalized on dragons soundboard, so I think the consequences will be much greater than losing a single battle  to OO7. 

We also had another game on Land of Fire where he failed to kill the carrier, but somehow the rest of us manged to claw the game back despite being down a CV.

Yup, clan brawl losses don't count anyway.  However dragons soundboard will haunt him forever.  lol

[SNGNS]
Members
491 posts
6,042 battles

our clan really liked the brawl until we got ocean 4 times in a row, then me and my mates wanted to throttle the server. but it still was fun.

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
8 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

our clan really liked the brawl until we got ocean 4 times in a row, then me and my mates wanted to throttle the server. but it still was fun.

There were other modes besides Ocean? :Smile_trollface: