Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlackMetalFish

Modstation for Mac?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3 posts
4,831 battles

Hello all! I've searched high and low, but I cannot seem to find any information about adding Modstation to a Mac version of the game. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,068
[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
2 minutes ago, BlackMetalFish said:

Hello all! I've searched high and low, but I cannot seem to find any information about adding Modstation to a Mac version of the game. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

For a Bootcamped MAC yes... For a regular MAC no...

You can check on Aslain's mod web site to see if or how you can use his mods on a normal mac.

Other then that, no real solution or relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
4,831 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

For a Bootcamped MAC yes... For a regular MAC no...

You can check on Aslain's mod web site to see if or how you can use his mods on a normal mac.

Other then that, no real solution or relief. 

Well, thanks for the info. Definitely disappointing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,730 battles

I tried multiple times to run Aslain and mod station on mac. It doesn’t work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Developers
482 posts
24 battles
3 hours ago, BlackMetalFish said:

Hello all! I've searched high and low, but I cannot seem to find any information about adding Modstation to a Mac version of the game. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, ModStation doesn't support Mac OS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[UNBRI]
Members
8 posts
8,335 battles

Hello,

I am a Newbie, but...

When are modpacks going to work on Mac?

Why allow Mods at all?

 

 

Do I really have to buy another computer to find some way to level the playing field?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,068
[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
6 minutes ago, Lantenac said:

Hello,

I am a Newbie, but...

When are modpacks going to work on Mac?

Why allow Mods at all?

 

 

Do I really have to buy another computer to find some way to level the playing field?

 

Aslain is Mac compatible.

You dont have to by a new PC, you can use "boot camp" to partition your mac to run windows.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[UNBRI]
Members
8 posts
8,335 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Aslain is Mac compatible.

You dont have to by a new PC, you can use "boot camp" to partition your mac to run windows.. 

I tried the latest Aslain.  No luck.  It uses wine.  I will try Boot Camp and see... but I don't see anyone anywhere suggesting this approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,068
[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
1 minute ago, Lantenac said:

I tried the latest Aslain.  No luck.  It uses wine.  I will try Boot Camp and see... but I don't see anyone anywhere suggesting this approach.

Did you review the MAC installation instructions on his web site ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[UNBRI]
Members
8 posts
8,335 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Did you review the MAC installation instructions on his web site ???

Yessir.  Wine doesnt seem to work.  At the very least, there is no reaction to executing the exe file.  It just keep asking if "i want to change the prefix".  Sounds Kafkaesque.

 

Also, no drop down menu appears on Wine, as per ASlane's instructions...

Edited by Lantenac
Forgot to add a point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,068
[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Lantenac said:

Yessir.  Wine doesnt seem to work.  At the very least, there is no reaction to executing the exe file.  It just keep asking if "i want to change the prefix".  Sounds Kafkaesque.

 

Also, no drop down menu appears on Wine, as per ASlane's instructions...

Why not send @Aslain a PM with  your situation.. He can better help you for MAC installation problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[UNBRI]
Members
8 posts
8,335 battles

 It seems to me that mod packs inclue Modstation mods, and that I would like the Modstation mods and that World of Warships takes care of these.

 

I will use BootCamp, how much memory should i divvy up for the game?

 

I have also sent a note to Aslan, and am waiting to see what that produces.

Edited by Lantenac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×