Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CAPNATION

Moskva moving to special

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
19 posts
918 battles

I was just able to upgrade to the Moskva, thanksfully.  This is my first T10 Cruiser. Question: Is this Russian Cruiser split happening April 8? Also... are we going to be provided a camo for the moskva? Don't know if I want to spend the doubloons for the camo offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,374 posts
11,269 battles

Unless the split happens during another line release (very unlikely), the split won’t happen until 9.4 (May 6th with the four week patch cycle) at the earliest. When Moskva becomes a special ship it should get its own permacamo, and so far WG has said if you have a purchased or linked camo on Moskva now (infernal, space camo, or normal permacamo), it will be on the special version of the ship. 

Nothing’s been announced yet about compensation for people who purchased a camo that will now have two identical permacamos on the same ship, but if it’s like previous splits you should get a permacamo for the replacement in the tree (Nevsky in this case). However nothing’s been announced about any compensation for any aspect of the split, so I’d suggest holding off on purchasing the camo until we know more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,274
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,138 posts
4,090 battles
52 minutes ago, CAPNATION said:

I was just able to upgrade to the Moskva, thanksfully.  This is my first T10 Cruiser. Question: Is this Russian Cruiser split happening April 8? Also... are we going to be provided a camo for the moskva? Don't know if I want to spend the doubloons for the camo offered.

No. Probably in early May if WG sticks to their usual schedule.

On the camo, we don't know. WG hasn't said, and there's no precedent for this. They will announce what they plan to do before the line split goes live. I'd wait on buying the camo until you know for sure what's going to happen. I just got my Moskva a couple months ago, and I'm waiting to buy the camo until I know what's going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,815 battles

what if you have moskva researched but don't own it? Don't really feel like wasting credits on it right now, I want to buy Goliath and the T8 EU DD in the short term. Suppose I could play Missouri twice a day for the next couple weeks.

 

I'm guessing you'd still get Moskva as the premium, then you'd have Nevsky unlocked but not purchased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,911
[O_O]
Members
6,454 posts
15,361 battles
6 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

what if you have moskva researched but don't own it? Don't really feel like wasting credits on it right now, I want to buy Goliath and the T8 EU DD in the short term. Suppose I could play Missouri twice a day for the next couple weeks.

 

I'm guessing you'd still get Moskva as the premium, then you'd have Nevsky unlocked but not purchased.

Time will tell, but at this early stage my recommendation would be to have Moskva in port before the patch occurs.  I would also recommend waiting until we hear the details.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,374 posts
11,269 battles
3 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

what if you have moskva researched but don't own it? Don't really feel like wasting credits on it right now, I want to buy Goliath and the T8 EU DD in the short term. Suppose I could play Missouri twice a day for the next couple weeks.

 

I'm guessing you'd still get Moskva as the premium, then you'd have Nevsky unlocked but not purchased.

As of right now, the most recent statement from WG is that you have to have actually owned Moskva at some point in your port (so if you’ve reset the line you’ll still get the special Moskva). Also, if you have the permacamo purchased you’ll still have it on the premium version, but the premium version should be getting a permacamo automatically anyway. Compensation still has not been determined for people who have already purchased a camo or used the infernal linkable camo on Moskva (although that will most likely be staying with Moskva since it was linked to that ship).

 

People are assuming that we may either get Nevsky outright or have it unlocked but not purchased, but so far nothing’s been confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
9 hours ago, CAPNATION said:

Also... are we going to be provided a camo for the moskva? Don't know if I want to spend the doubloons for the camo offered.

You'd think that we would, but either way it can't hurt to wait. Don't do it yet. Hold off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[DNTZ]
Members
416 posts
20,922 battles

It will be complete [edited] if permanent camo already on the Moskva isn't able to stay with one of the tech tree tier X USSR cruisers.  No one would put infernal, space, or any other permanent camo on a premium or special ship!

Also, I can't recall there ever being a case where a tech tree ship was moved to premium/special, so there was no expectation this would ever occur.

I have Infernal camo on my Moskva and I expect G will allow it to be put on the tier X USSR heavy cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
3 hours ago, BruDog1970 said:

I have Infernal camo on my Moskva and I expect G will allow it to be put on the tier X USSR heavy cruiser.

Just to let you know, you almost certainly won't be getting the Petropavlovsk IF they give you the tech tree ship; you'll be getting the Nevsky... i.e. they will give you the Tier 10 ship which you research from the Donskoi (which is fair and logical, because that's what the Moskva is now).

Yeah, if I were in charge at WG I'd say break link on the camo and let the owner decide what they want to do with it. Some people just want their favourite ship to look cool, and if they don't want the Nevsky for whatever reason, I see no reason to forcibly reassign the camo to it.

Of course if we do get an automatic transfer of the standard permacamo (if already bought) to the Nevsky and still get it on New Special Moskva, I think a lot of people are going to see that as a carrot to get the Nevsky anyway.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[DNTZ]
Members
416 posts
20,922 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just to let you know, you almost certainly won't be getting the Petropavlovsk IF they give you the tech tree ship; you'll be getting the Nevsky... i.e. they will give you the Tier 10 ship which you research from the Donskoi (which is fair and logical, because that's what the Moskva is now).

Yeah, if I were in charge at WG I'd say break link on the camo and let the owner decide what they want to do with it. Some people just want their favourite ship to look cool, and if they don't want the Nevsky for whatever reason, I see no reason to forcibly reassign the camo to it.

Of course if we do get an automatic transfer of the standard permacamo (if already bought) to the Nevsky and still get it on New Special Moskva, I think a lot of people are going to see that as a carrot to get the Nevsky anyway.

Agree.  I think it is likely I will receive the Nevsky for the reason you stated.  Unlinking the camo would be optimal, so I could put it on whatever boat I want.  If WG comes with "it has to go on one of the USSR tech tree X's since it is on yours - I'd be fine with that too no matter which one."  I love the USSR cruiser line, so I know I will be grinding both of those lines.   I would never link a camo to a premium/special ship that already has permanent camo - no one would do that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
1 minute ago, BruDog1970 said:

I would never link a camo to a premium/special ship that already has permanent camo - no one would do that...

I have seen it done. Mind you, this was the New year permacamos which were winnable for free in the PR event, so I guess they figured that if they got it for free, why not do whatever they wanted with it? I guess if you already have permacamo for all your T8 ships you might as well put it on something for the looks, since you can't predict what's coming down the pipeline or whether you'll like it.

My only regret is that if I'd held a couple back, it's now possible to put them on carriers (which it wasn't when they were first issued). I might have made different choices, but against that they are being just as useful on the ships that got them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[A-I-M]
Members
3,063 posts
13,322 battles
13 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

...Don't really feel like wasting credits on it right now...

I'm guessing you'd still get Moskva as the premium, then you'd have Nevsky unlocked but not purchased.

Well, if you don't want the Moskva at all, then of course it's a waste. But, if you want it down the road at all, you'll have to fork over coal to get it. So, you have to decide, is some 22-24M credits the bigger "waste", or is the coal you have to spend the bigger waste?

Other points that enter into your determination:

1. Do you have a clan discount on the credit price of Moskva now?

2. Do you have your coupon for armory resourceship discount now? Next one comes in late June. Have the coupon or not, do you want to spend it on Moskva?

3. Which is harder for you to get, those credits, or the amount of coal needed for Moskva? (Has the coal amount for Moskva been announced yet, btw? That's a potential bear trap right there.)

4. If you get the Moskva before it's converted, there is "some chance" you get the T10 heavy or light after the split, and have both. If you wait until after, it is a certainty you'll have neither until you buy them.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
to denote chance of getting either the CA or CL at the split

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
3 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

(Has the coal amount for Moskva been announced yet, btw? That's a potential bear trap right there.)

It hasn't, but I'd be looking to Salem and Yoshino as a guide to what they'll be asking. Granted, inflation is a thing and today's educated guess might be tomorrow's pitiable mistake, but calling it as "not less than 250,000 coal" seems fairly safe, and anything under that should be seen as a bonus.

I'd rather pay credits and grind time/FXP (which has less of a cap on its speed of regeneration) than coal, especially since the three cheapest steel ships (Flint, Black and Neustrashimy) are also going to be coal ships further down the line, and I will want to acquire at least the Flint (I already have the Black). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[A-I-M]
Members
3,063 posts
13,322 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It hasn't, but I'd be looking to Salem and Yoshino as a guide to what they'll be asking. Granted, inflation is a thing and today's educated guess might be tomorrow's pitiable mistake, but calling it as "not less than 250,000 coal" seems fairly safe, and anything under that should be seen as a bonus.

Yeah, I think it would be extremely poor form for WG to make the price of a converted tech tree ship to be exhorbitant in comparison to the current coal ships that will be Moskva's new coal peers. But then again, I think it was rather poor form to make  the first T10 FXP twice the cost of any prior FXP ship. Like you, I think credits are much easier to come by than coal. Plus, HorrorRoach mentioned he has the Moskva researched, so the grind time part is already done for him.

And, waiting further strains a player's decision-making on a limited supply of ship-for-resources coupons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
10 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

But then again, I think it was rather poor form to make  the first T10 FXP twice the cost of any prior FXP ship.

There was room for a bit of price inflation - some for the jump in tier, and some for the fact that unlike Friesland, Smaland brings torpedoes and radar to the game in exchange for losing the smoke. But not that much.

The crunch is going to come when the line releases and the Halland is available to grind for nothing - or to jump to for far less FXP than her premium sister. If there winds up being little to choose between them, I'd say the price of early adoption for Smaland is going to be a very high one. Much salt is coming, I fear, but I'm not sure whether to be snarky at WG for overcharging for their ship or snarky at the people who coughed it up in their obscene eagerness to have the new shiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,569
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
14 hours ago, CAPNATION said:

I was just able to upgrade to the Moskva, thanksfully.  This is my first T10 Cruiser. Question: Is this Russian Cruiser split happening April 8? Also... are we going to be provided a camo for the moskva? Don't know if I want to spend the doubloons for the camo offered.

13 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

No. Probably in early May if WG sticks to their usual schedule.

On the camo, we don't know. WG hasn't said, and there's no precedent for this. They will announce what they plan to do before the line split goes live. I'd wait on buying the camo until you know for sure what's going to happen. I just got my Moskva a couple months ago, and I'm waiting to buy the camo until I know what's going to happen.

We do have some precedent in the other tech tree splits.

 

Speculation starts, wait for an official announcement from WG BEFORE spending dubs on camo

The normal Type 15 to Type 20 permanent camos have stayed with the tier the ship left and the ship moved got another Type 15-Type 20 perma-camo at the new tier, IF it had a perma-camo at the old tier. With Moskva moving to become a premium ship (special type), this should stay the same I would think.

So IF WG follows past events, if you have a Moskva Type 20 perma-camo, it should stay in place for the replacement Alexander Nevsky and Moskva would get the normal T10 premium ship perma-camo.

Any special perma-camos that Moskva has would move with Moskva.

Speculation ends, wait for an official announcement from WG BEFORE spending dubs on camo

 

 

13 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

what if you have moskva researched but don't own it? Don't really feel like wasting credits on it right now, I want to buy Goliath and the T8 EU DD in the short term. Suppose I could play Missouri twice a day for the next couple weeks.

 

I'm guessing you'd still get Moskva as the premium, then you'd have Nevsky unlocked but not purchased.

Before doing anything with Moskva, like FXPing to it or spending credits to put it in port, I would wait until the official WoWs compensation is announced. Personally, though, I expect you will have to have Moskva in port to have you get the new premium version Moskva and for you to get Alexander Nevsky in port.

 

10 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

As of right now, the most recent statement from WG is that you have to have actually owned Moskva at some point in your port (so if you’ve reset the line you’ll still get the special Moskva). Also, if you have the permacamo purchased you’ll still have it on the premium version, but the premium version should be getting a permacamo automatically anyway. Compensation still has not been determined for people who have already purchased a camo or used the infernal linkable camo on Moskva (although that will most likely be staying with Moskva since it was linked to that ship).

 

People are assuming that we may either get Nevsky outright or have it unlocked but not purchased, but so far nothing’s been confirmed.

 

This is true. IF WG follows past splits, we SHOULD get Nevsky, but that doesn't mean WG will follow what they have done in the past.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[A-I-M]
Members
3,063 posts
13,322 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This is true. IF WG follows past splits, we SHOULD get Nevsky, but that doesn't mean WG will follow what they have done in the past.

I think the're pretty much locked in to have to provide a T10 in compensation.

But why do I think this? The Research Bureau.

Holders of the complete Russian cruiser line have a ready path to take that line to the RB and reset it, and pursue RB points with it. (I'm not a RB kind of guy, but I can run through the implications for those who are.) So, if WG moves the Moskva to special-ship-for-resources status and leave players with bupkus at T10, then WG has taken that RB-ready potential away from those players. And those players have to fork over 17-22M credits and up to ~240,000 XP or Free XP to get that back.

Further, any line rearrangement due to the line split, or any future line splits, will need to be ordered such that holders of complete RB-ready existing lines that do get split, will have a complete RB reset-ready line after the split occurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,569
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I think the're pretty much locked in to have to provide a T10 in compensation.

But why do I think this? The Research Bureau.

Holders of the complete Russian cruiser line have a ready path to take that line to the RB and reset it, and pursue RB points with it. (I'm not a RB kind of guy, but I can run through the implications for those who are.) So, if WG moves the Moskva to special-ship-for-resources status and leave players with bupkus at T10, then WG has taken that RB-ready potential away from those players. And those players have to fork over 17-22M credits and up to ~240,000 XP or Free XP to get that back.

Further, any line rearrangement due to the line split, or any future line splits, will need to be ordered such that holders of complete RB-ready existing lines that do get split, will have a complete RB reset-ready line after the split occurs.

Oh, I'm almost certain we will get Nevsky in return for our Moskva moving to a premium. But this is WG, so I would not say that they will 100% do what we expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[A-I-M]
Members
3,063 posts
13,322 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Oh, I'm almost certain we will get Nevsky in return for our Moskva moving to a premium. But this is WG, so I would not say that they will 100% do what we expect.

That's why I said "pretty much." I really don't "expect" from WG any more. My take on their being "locked in" on the matter presumes that WG wants to play ball  into the cow pasture without a blindfold, and consciously avoid the manure land mines. And we've seen how well they've done at that, lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,569
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

That's why I said "pretty much." I really don't "expect" from WG any more. My take on their being "locked in" on the matter presumes that WG wants to play ball  into the cow pasture without a blindfold, and consciously avoid the manure land mines. And we've seen how well they've done at that, lately.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles

In fact, the one thing I don't hear being talked about (and we should be ready for this) is you'll need XP on Shchors to unlock Tallinn.  So if you don't have a lot of free xp, you'll probably need around 120,000-130,000 xp on Shchors to progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×