Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Where will you use your IDS Captain?

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,463
[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts

That was fun.  Don't know where I will put him yet but I will.  Where are you putting yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,000
[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles
47 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

That was fun.  Don't know where I will put him yet but I will.  Where are you putting yours?

If I understood that task correctly; 23 individual wins with 23 ships sunk?

We’ve got one day for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF9]
Members
655 posts
18,872 battles

I got Capt Bob this afternoon.  Along with Cunningham, both Dunkirks, H Hood, and Capt Jingles, I am not sure where he is going just yet.  I am currently at T9 on all three lines plus I have the Thunderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
[WOLFC]
Members
488 posts
6,377 battles
46 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If I understood that task correctly; 23 individual wins with 23 ships sunk?

We’ve got one day for this?

1 crate for each match you get at least 1 kill in, so a kracken won't net you 5 crates. Easiest way is 23 coop matches, and coast after you get your first kill.

Edited by Nolo_00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,261
[PVE]
Members
4,255 posts
18,579 battles
2 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

1 crate for each match you get at least 1 kill in, so a kracken won't net you 5 crates. Easiest way is 23 coop matches, and coast after you get your first kill.

And, Cooperate in COOP !!!.....like we did this AM and make sure everyone gets a kill..........!  It really was nice to see that level of cooperation.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,351 posts
11,259 battles
5 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

1 crate for each match you get at least 1 kill in, so a kracken won't net you 5 crates. Easiest way is 23 coop matches, and coast after you get your first kill.

That’s what I did - 25 co-op matches (couldn’t get a kill in two of them because of aggro pulling all the bots to the other side), 23 kills. Took a few hours total. Of course there were a few battles where people refused to cooperate and tried to steal kills ‘because why should others get kills,’ so I made sure to give them a taste of their own medicine. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
57 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If I understood that task correctly; 23 individual wins with 23 ships sunk?

We’ve got one day for this?

Pretty sure you can still get the collection from daily crates after today unless they are removing it even if you don't manage to do all the missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,651
[SALVO]
Members
4,406 posts
3,801 battles

He's going to my BB line, punch line for the joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,841
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If I understood that task correctly; 23 individual wins with 23 ships sunk?

We’ve got one day for this?

Co-op this and you can easily do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

i've had 3 crates so far, and already a dupe... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[NGA]
Members
128 posts
7,227 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i've had 3 crates so far, and already a dupe... :(

You can trade the duplicates for ones you don’t have on a one to one basis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365
[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
807 posts
7,168 battles
6 minutes ago, RYANMK48 said:

You can trade the duplicates for ones you don’t have on a one to one basis

Correct, duplicates in this collection can be exchanged 1:1

You have until the wee hours of the 8th to finish this collection to earn the Bad Advice Captain. So you should try to finish this no later than next Tuesday night, the 7th.

Collection items can be obtained in your Daily Crates, in addition to the ones you can earn in combat. Sink at least one enemy ship in Random, Co-op or Scenario battles. You can only get one Collection container per battle, regardless of how many ships you sank in that battle, but you do need to sink at least one.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

how do you exchange? it just showed duplicate... and that was that... no indication of how to exchange it or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[RAGE]
Members
341 posts
5,648 battles
3 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

You have until the wee hours of the 8th to finish this collection to earn the Bad Advice Captain. So you should try to finish this no later than next Tuesday night, the 7th.

Where did you read that? Has there ever been a collection from daily crates that went away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[RAGE]
Members
341 posts
5,648 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

how do you exchange? it just showed duplicate... and that was that... no indication of how to exchange it or anything.

click on a collection item that you dont have, it will require one duplicate in exchange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
Just now, mumphred said:

click on a collection item that you dont have, it will require one duplicate in exchange.

Thanks, i was just looking at the collection and it displays that I have a dupe, thinking i should hang onto it until later when i maybe missing just a few

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365
[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
807 posts
7,168 battles
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

how do you exchange? it just showed duplicate... and that was that... no indication of how to exchange it or anything.

When you have duplicates, just click on an item you don't have in order to exchange your duplicate item for the missing item. All the collections work like this, though most of the other collections have a higher exchange rate typically either 4:1 to 5:1.

As far as the rules:

bad advice captain rules.png

bad advice captain rules 2.png

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[RAGE]
Members
341 posts
5,648 battles
7 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

When you have duplicates, just click on an item you don't have in order to exchange your duplicate item for the missing item. All the collections work like this, though most of the other collections have a higher exchange rate typically either 4:1 to 5:1.

As far as the rules:

bad advice captain rules.png

bad advice captain rules 2.png

The way I read it (which may be completely wrong..) The dates of 4/1-4/8 apply to the youtube giveaways and not the ingame collection.. but who knows..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,673
[PVE]
Members
6,150 posts
22,432 battles
24 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Thanks, i was just looking at the collection and it displays that I have a dupe, thinking i should hang onto it until later when i maybe missing just a few

You got the idea...when you have enough dupes to finish the collection turn them in...although at a 1:1 exchange rate it doesn't matter because even if you get a dupe for 1 you exchanged earlier you can still use it for another 1...but in general for other collections where it requires more than a 1:1 rate it is best to do it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,985
[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles

@Hapa_Fodder, can you please clarify whether Captain Collection items will continue to be available from Daily Crates AFTER the end of this patch?

As I understand it, the end date given in mumphred's post refers only to the YouTube phase, but I am not absolutely certain of this.

42 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Thanks, i was just looking at the collection and it displays that I have a dupe, thinking i should hang onto it until later when i maybe missing just a few

Not for this one. It's a 1:1 exchange ratio, so you can exchange each duplicate for a missing one immediately and should do so the instant you get the dupe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×