You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

A premium Sovetsky Soyuz at Tier 10 to replace Slava

9 comments in this topic

[APES]
Members
983 posts
6,240 battles

934233828___wows_main.jpg.4df5685d634afb70c745ebb5f51371a7.jpg

slava.thumb.jpg.d79e6ab283cb8bbdb0f07f4554d6e34e.jpg

Previous the Dev team has tried to introduce a Tier 10 Russian battleship. That did not provoke a positive response from the CCs and the players, because people find that dispersion formula to be absurd at range.

I think a fundamental reason is that Kremlin (Project 24 BB) is quite strong to begin with. Instead of implementing a premium Project 24, Wargaming can instead try to introduce a Tier 10 premium Project 23 (Sovetsky Soyuz-class), giving her a battlecruiser dispersion formula (like the Thunderer's) and Ohio's accurate secondaries (7.5km base range and tight dispersion). In this way, the new "Slava", a hypothetical second ship of the Sovetsky Soyuz-class, may slot comfortably between the roles of the Thunderer (sniper) and the Ohio (brawler): a brawlable Russian battleship with reasonable damage projection at range.

The main gun "extra accuracy" at close ranges feature, like other Russian BBs, can be implemented as balance needs. The Sovetsky Soyuz-class is also more defendable historically, with the in-game model quite accurately reflecting the actual Sovetsky Soyuz-class. At the beginning of World War II, the first and second ship of the class are at 21% and 18% complete, and the third ship was at 1% complete.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,042 posts
4,355 battles

I would consider calling this proposal the "Sovetskaya Rossiya", as was the name.

But otherwise no. I do not believe we need more Russian Ships in the game, based upon how many are getting introduced fairly soon.

The concept sounds fun though...

:SerB:

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,770 posts
25,794 battles

I don't see why WG can't just take the Slava and totally rework her stats to make her into a reasonable BB, rather than an OP monster.  The model's already built.  Just massage the stats to produce a reasonable ship and call it good.

• Cool 1

[APES]
Members
983 posts
6,240 battles
11 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I would consider calling this proposal the "Sovetskaya Rossiya", as was the name.

But otherwise no. I do not believe we need more Russian Ships in the game, based upon how many are getting introduced fairly soon.

The concept sounds fun though...

:SerB:

I do not believe either. But instead of fighting WG's insatiable urge, we might as well redirect it into a less destructive direction. A Kremlin-based railgun Slava (as currently in testing) that can obliterate a DD at maximum range would be sad.:fish_boom:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,770 posts
25,794 battles
1 hour ago, _Marines said:

I do not believe either. But instead of fighting WG's insatiable urge, we might as well redirect it into a less destructive direction. A Kremlin-based railgun Slava (as currently in testing) that can obliterate a DD at maximum range would be sad.:fish_boom:

Actually, Marines, I don't think that the Slava is in testing.  I think that it's on hold because even WG understands that the most (not so) recent version of the Slava was ridiculously OP.

[APES]
Members
983 posts
6,240 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Actually, Marines, I don't think that the Slava is in testing.  I think that it's on hold because even WG understands that the most (not so) recent version of the Slava was ridiculously OP.

My understanding is that the current Thunderer is sort of a replacement for that role: a Tier 10 sniper BB. The Devs will get their hands back onto the Slava in time, and my hope is that they turn her into something that adds, rather than hurts, the value of this game. It's a game we all love.:fish_cute_2:

[SALVO]
Members
24,770 posts
25,794 battles
4 minutes ago, _Marines said:

My understanding is that the current Thunderer is sort of a replacement for that role: a Tier 10 sniper BB. The Devs will get their hands back onto the Slava in time, and my hope is that they turn her into something that adds, rather than hurts, the value of this game. It's a game we all love.:fish_cute_2:

It seems like if they'd treat the Slava like a tier 10 Poltava, the tier 7 premium Russian BB.  The Poltava doesn't have normal Russian dispersion.  It has fairly standard BB dispersion that isn't skewed towards closer range engagements, but rather is more balanced across its entire range envelope.

[APES]
Members
983 posts
6,240 battles

It looks like a premium Sovetsky Soyuz -class (Project 23 BB) is indeed coming. Currently the only difference is that the test ship has the standard accuracy setting for main guns, making her a better sniper. I still advocate that Zarya Svobody should have Ohio's secondary range and accuracy, as well as Thunderer's main gun dispersion formula, placed at Tier 10.

47112756_WorldOfWarships642020-04-1001-36-57-91.thumb.png.572d7589326f4013768a1af1ad1476f3.png

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
71 posts
3,189 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 1:43 AM, _Marines said:

It looks like a premium Sovetsky Soyuz -class (Project 23 BB) is indeed coming. Currently the only difference is that the test ship has the standard accuracy setting for main guns, making her a better sniper. I still advocate that Zarya Svobody should have Ohio's secondary range and accuracy, as well as Thunderer's main gun dispersion formula, placed at Tier 10.

47112756_WorldOfWarships642020-04-1001-36-57-91.thumb.png.572d7589326f4013768a1af1ad1476f3.png

I have a feeling this is for the upcoming Azur Lane collab. Like the Montpelier, it's a clone of a ship that already exists with some minor stat changes. Considering in Azur Lane we recently got Sovetskya Rossia (3rd Sovetsky Soyuz class laid down), I wouldn't be surprised if this ship was going to be renamed AL Sovetskya Rossia and sold as part of the collab. As some more proof, when Montpelier was added into supertesting as a Cleveland clone, she was given the "test ship" tag. Zarya Svobody is also tagged as a test ship in the files, as opposed to what ships like upcoming tree ships/premiums are tagged as. Also that camo is not an original camo, and is a clone for a previous camo used in testing, though I can't remember for what ship.