You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, German aircraft carriers, Z-35

132 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles

Standby for words from the Chief.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

German Aircraft carriers:

• IV Rhein 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_rhein_1920x1080.jpg

• VI Weser 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_weser_1920x1080.jpg

• VIII August Parseval

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_parseval_1920x1080.jpg

• X Manfred Richthofen

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_manfred_1920x1080.jpg

As of now, the German Aircraft carrier concept offers the following peculiarities:

• Airplanes have comparatively high cruise speed, but their HP pool is below average.
  • Attack aircraft use armor-piercing rockets. These rockets can deal high damage by hitting an enemy ship's citadel, but they allow a familiar counter: when they hit at an acute angle, they can ricochet or simply not penetrate the armor. Rockets fired at broadsided destroyers –with their thin armor– will result in over-penetrations that deal 10% of the maximum damage. Armor-piercing rockets can also ricochet against destroyers' armor when the ship is bow-in to the planes. Therefore, a player's reaction against such rockets should be similar to the actions one would take against armor-piercing shells.
  • Bombers use armor-piercing bombs. Unlike the Japanese bombers, German ones dive immediately, without the prior altitude gain. Their drop zone is shaped like an elongated ellipse, and aiming it during an attack may be difficult. These bombs will be most effective against slower opponents.
  • The final shape of torpedobomber's launching cone is similar to that of Japanese and American torpedo bombers .  The torpedoes have a range of 6 km.

German tier IX Destroyer Z-35, will be added to the game in the upcoming supertest session.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_z_35_1920x1080.jpg

The stats of these Aircraft carriers and Z-35, as well as the Z-35's concept will be published in the near future, stay tuned.

Tier VIII Soviet battleship V.I. Lenin, based upon the battleship Lenin, was added to the game. The new ship will be used for partner collaborations.

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 22
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 4

[NAUT]
Members
28 posts
6,686 battles

I would love to be excited about this but with how poor the mainz is and the butchering of odin/agir I dought these ships will be worth a grain of salt.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

More AP planes. I personally think, regardless of what you think about CVs, AP bombs was a bad idea. You just memorize which ship you can citadel, then you go bomb them and you get citadels. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,271 posts
18,799 battles
7 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

German Aircraft carriers:

I sincerely hope this is the greatest April Fool's joke ever told, because you've somehow made an entire line of ships that didn't exist (and it isn't Russian amazingly) and CVs are the very last thing this game needs right now. Then again, Graf Zeppelin is pretty garbage as a CV, so this might be alright because these have a good chance of being carp.

10 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:
  • X Manfred Richthofen

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_manfred_1920x1080.jpg

The only positive here is if the T10 can get a perma camo that makes it look like the plane of its namesake, I'll get it... only to look at in port for its coolness.

12 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

German tier IX Destroyer Z-35, will be added to the game in the upcoming supertest session.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_z_35_1920x1080.jpg

Didn't really hear what exactly Z-35 has on stream, but 8 torps, 4 guns, it better have something damn good about it (T-61 torp reload, Z-52's torps, not a 22.5sec turret traverse, sub 6km max concealment, German hydro, US smoke) to be T9. Just looking at it, it looks like a T6 or 7 DD, not T9.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,682 posts
18,567 battles

jesus.gif.f61f02225cc6da8daa1ab4ceb0d81a67.gif

Let us pray,

If we all pray maybe the future of the game will change....

Must of us are tired and done complaining...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,125 posts
4,088 battles

Yeah, that's what everyone wants. More CVs. Especially since they work so well in game right now. WG always listens to the players...

Seriously, who the hell would think more CVs are a good idea right now?

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
794 posts
1,707 battles

The Weser has become the Fuso of CV's.... That tower is something else lol.....

But really more paper ships.... Come on..... I come back onto the forums after a half a year absence and this shows up..... Oh well, I will disappear again but this game is going in the wrong direction...

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles
3 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Didn't really hear what exactly Z-35 has on stream, but 8 torps, 4 guns, it better have something damn good about it (T-61 torp reload, Z-52's torps, not a 22.5sec turret traverse, sub 6km max concealment, German hydro, US smoke) to be T9. Just looking at it, it looks like a T6 or 7 DD, not T9.

When I looked at Z-35 for a potential German DD line split I deemed her fit to be a T8. Overly simplified and in in-game terms she is Z-23 but with the main armament of Leberecht Maass. That's it. So T8 seemed the logical choice given the competition at that tier. T9 will be.... interesting to watch.

[TARK]
Members
6,634 posts
2,525 battles

AP rockets AND AP bombs?

How will these deal with DDs?

Do they have GZ secondary suites?

The captain skill sets will be interesting to look at...

Still waiting for Aquila...

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Modder
650 posts
799 battles

Finally! A German CV line in which you can use in Naval Battles.:Smile_izmena:

@Hapa_Fodder Given the very little development the Germans had with CV's, would you happen to know what ships inspired these new carriers?:fish_book:

[ARC]
Members
897 posts
10,476 battles
10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Do they have GZ secondary suites?

I can answer that question only by looking the pictures: NO.

They only have dual purpose guns, not the 16 150mm guns of GZ

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,889 posts
9,840 battles
22 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

I sincerely hope this is the greatest April Fool's joke ever told, because you've somehow made an entire line of ships that didn't exist (and it isn't Russian amazingly) and CVs are the very last thing this game needs right now. Then again, Graf Zeppelin is pretty garbage as a CV, so this might be alright because these have a good chance of being carp.

I hate that "the premium is bad so hopefully the line is also bad" is a good outcome to this situation.  That just shows how many issues there are with CVs.

• Cool 2

0 posts
4 minutes ago, hanesco said:

I can answer that question only by looking the pictures: NO.

They only have dual purpose guns, not the 16 150mm guns of GZ

image.png.87478e778fb5d993d22a6aeecacacb9d.png AA crews : "Bring us closer, let us hit that dd with our swords!"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Look at that conning tower on the Weser! LOL, you could view the whole map from there! If the wind blows the wrong way, that sucker's coming down!

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
690 posts
25,519 battles
2 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

Look at that conning tower on the Weser! LOL, you could view the whole map from there!

And the whole map can view you right back!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,160 posts
19,011 battles

FFS, a German carrier line? The Dutch Cruiser lines Fro5ty and me came up with are both more legit and likely would be better received by the community.

• Cool 15
  • Boring 4

[-K-]
Members
8,357 posts
14,156 battles

100% (late) April Fool's joke (hopefully)?

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles
22 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

Finally! A German CV line in which you can use in Naval Battles.:Smile_izmena:

@Hapa_Fodder Given the very little development the Germans had with CV's, would you happen to know what ships inspired these new carriers?:fish_book:

I do not know TBH, I can do some digging, I am sure they are from designs that were pulled in the naval archives as GZ was the only CV that Germany actually built.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles

Those secondaries could be an absolute meme build if it's allowed for. 

Add Bismarck range + GZ dispersion? YES PLEASE!!!

:SerB:

[LANCE]
Members
793 posts
5,906 battles
48 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:
  •  
  • Attack aircraft use armor-piercing rockets. These rockets can deal high damage by hitting an enemy ship's citadel, but they allow a familiar counter: when they hit at an acute angle, they can ricochet or simply not penetrate the armor. Rockets fired at broadsided destroyers –with their thin armor– will result in over-penetrations that deal 10% of the maximum damage. Armor-piercing rockets can also ricochet against destroyers' armor when the ship is bow-in to the planes. Therefore, a player's reaction against such rockets should be similar to the actions one would take against armor-piercing shells.

How will that be calculated for vertical angles? CVs have no way of changing attack heights or range of firing the rockets. Are the accute angles only for the horizontal axis? If so that’ll be really effective against slow turning cruisers and possibly BBs.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

It would be nice to see WG balancing CVs before adding new ones to the game... give players some counterplay to CVs...  

• Boring 1

[STW-N]
Members
4,088 posts
9,559 battles

I suspect there is even less historical evidence for the higher-tier German CVs than there is for a Russian CV line.