You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

I thought the rentals were a good idea until...

32 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

Am I reading it right...

Even if you don't like the bundle you get today for example, you cannot rent the next ship if you haven't rented the first?  Looks to be the same for both credits and dbl...

It's also a shame some of the 24hr rentals cannot be purchased :(

SO i thought there was a possibility that you could get the same rental ship twice... so far with ships for credits I have not seen that, I have rented 5 ships so far, and no duplicates, the next ship in line for me is the graf spee, so far so good..  doing it for the captains...

zTWF6MX.png

• Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,031 battles

Yup...plus, the random chance is a no go for me.

Silver and doubloons for free2play accounts like mine are too precious a resource to waste on dice throws.

[Y0L0W]
Members
586 posts
19,385 battles

It’s like a random bundle with rental ships. If you rent all the ships in the line you can try all of them. But you can’t really pick which one is next.

Keep in mind for the credit ones you get a 6 PT captain as well included. I’m sure if you play one game with a Premium ship you can make back most of the 250K spent on renting it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
9 minutes ago, Bortt said:

It’s like a random bundle with rental ships. If you rent all the ships in the line you can try all of them. But you can’t really pick which one is next.

Keep in mind for the credit ones you get a 6 PT captain as well included. I’m sure if you play one game with a Premium ship you can make back most of the 250K spent on renting it.

sure I get it, but what if i get the same ship 3 times in a row, the event states it is possible..  so i will have 3 6pt captains for lines I may have no interest in...  

and spent 750k... or 750dbl..

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
356 posts
25,032 battles

Credit bundles are definitely worth to go for, especially everybody has premium time.

@Hapa_Fodder when will bundles expire?  We can't enjoy all of them in same 24 hours.

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,430 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

sure I get it, but what if i get the same ship 3 times in a row, the event states it is possible..  so i will have 3 6pt captains for lines I may have no interest in...  

Not sure about the event listing you’re looking at, but in game it’s only once per ship for both credits and doubloons

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Not sure about the event listing you’re looking at, but in game it’s only once per ship for both credits and doubloons

Its in my image, sentence #3, if you are already renting the ship it will be extended for an additional 24 hrs...  

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Its in my image, sentence #2, if you are already renting the ship it will be extended for an additional 24 hrs...  

this refers to existing rentals. if you havent noticed wg has been offering free rentals every weekend for the past several weeks, which only underscores the uselessness of this year's april fools event. unless of course and i just thought of this, this is the april fool and tomorrow they will install a cool game mode... one can only hope...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

this refers to existing rentals. if you havent noticed wg has been offering free rentals every weekend for the past several weeks, which only underscores the uselessness of this year's april fools event. unless of course and i just thought of this, this is the april fool and tomorrow they will install a cool game mode... one can only hope...

i guess we would need WG to confirm, i don't see it stating you can't roll the same ship more than once...  and i haven't seen any free rentals...  though i have only been back ingame for a couple weeks at most.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

i guess we would need WG to confirm, i don't see it stating you can't roll the same ship more than once...  and i haven't seen any free rentals...  though i have only been back ingame for a couple weeks at most.

the free rentals have been going for at least 3 weeks. on friday you play a ship, then you get a rental of the same time. last one was tirpitz, prior lo yang, prior anshan prior pef.

if you check the numbers below you will see 0/1 for each ship

[ARGSY]
Members
23,378 posts
17,307 battles
4 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

unless of course and i just thought of this, this is the april fool and tomorrow they will install a cool game mode... one can only hope...

COVID-19 rules have them on a skeleton staff, and they don't have the manpower to put together a major event.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

if you check the numbers below you will see 0/1 for each ship

Well that still doesn't confirm anything thats just for the 'collection'

WIsh I had caught the tirpitz rental oh well

0 posts
32 minutes ago, SKurj said:

It's also a shame some of the 24hr rentals cannot be purchased :(

sure, but better that you can use them for 24hrs, than not at all. (Missouri, for example)

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

COVID-19 rules have them on a skeleton staff, and they don't have the manpower to put together a major event.

i kind of suspect this although it seems to me programming is the kind of business ideally suited for working from home. but who knows. like i said in my post 2 days prem time is cool, but the event as is is underwhelming.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i will definitely take advantage, i have very few captains and maybe a handfull at 10pts or more, and 250k is pretty quickly replaced.  Not so sure about gambling with doubloons though.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,855 posts
14,863 battles
13 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Well that still doesn't confirm anything thats just for the 'collection'

No, go to the armory, click on either ship rental offer, and you will see the “0/1” next to each offered ship. The number to the left of the slash is the number of times you have drawn and rented that ship, the number to the tells how many times you can draw that ship, and that number is 1 one for every ship.

But all that having been said, you are prudent to be wary snd read WG events with a fine-tooth comb before plunking down.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
7 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

No, go to the armory, click on either ship rental offer, and you will see the “0/1” next to each offered ship. The number to the left of the slash is the number of times you have drawn and rented that ship, the number to the tells how many times you can draw that ship, and that number is 1 one for every ship.

You could be correct but the text refers to it as a collection and with any other collections can't dupes happen?  I am sure you only keep 1/1 when a dupe occurs...

Anyways if anyone does get a duplicate speak up... i am going to 2m and see what happens... so far so good after spending 1m:  mutsu, bayard, alabama, Z-39 and Yudachi is next

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

worse yet , you can have the bote and still get rental offer  lol.  nope  not doing it  :D

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
2 minutes ago, centarina said:

worse yet , you can have the bote and still get rental offer  lol.  nope  not doing it  :D

heh I didn't look at that part, I don't think I own any of the ships for credits or doubloons on offer for rentals

[A-I-M]
Members
3,855 posts
14,863 battles
12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

You could be correct but the text refers to it as a collection and with any other collections can't dupes happen?  I am sure you only keep 1/1 when a dupe occurs...

Anyways if anyone does get a duplicate speak up... i am going to 2m and see what happens...

Per the below picture from the Armory from the offer page itself,

1. What text about collections are you talking about?

2. Notice the part where it says if you get all 14 bundles you will get all 14 items. The one for doubloon rentals is similarly worded for the 11 ships it offers.

Bc54FBi.jpg

There are a number of random draw events that have operated on this principle already. This is the way they work.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles
9 minutes ago, SKurj said:

heh I didn't look at that part, I don't think I own any of the ships for credits or doubloons on offer for rentals

my first credit rental bote is loyang.  I already have it in my port,     :D  

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,989 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

At least with the credits, you'll have no trouble making them back.

The only doubloon one I would try is Missouri. I'd pay the 250 dubs, and grind it all day for a massive amount of credits....

[Y0L0W]
Members
586 posts
19,385 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

I went through all the ones for silver. It's a total of 3.5 million silver. realistically i can get that back in 5 or so games of a T9 premium. I never encountered getting the same bundle twice in a row though even though there were a lot of those ships I already had. The way I see it. I got 14 6pt captains for 3.5m credits.

I wouldn't care to spend doubloons on a rental unless it's a Missouri I can use to grind credits for a day.

[SALVO]
Members
6,951 posts
5,510 battles
3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yup...plus, the random chance is a no go for me.

Silver and doubloons for free2play accounts like mine are too precious a resource to waste on dice throws.

250k silver is nothing mate, that's what? 2 T6 matches?. Anyway you are renting a premium ship, there's no way you'll not be getting the coin back if you play at least a couple hours.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

Yeah looks like no dupes possible, and I will likely get all of the rentals for credits, probably none for gold but we will see..