You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RighteousRhyno

Quick PSA for Bad Advice Collection

18 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Members
460 posts
4,257 battles

I'm sure that a lot of you want to finish the collection for the Cap voiceover, but MAKE SURE TO ENABLE 'COLLECTING' on the Bad Advice collections page. Some of you might be collecting other previous sets and you will not get the Cap collection items from regular containers as a result.

That is all.

• Cool 2

[B-Z]
Members
157 posts
22,058 battles

And if you were to say jump in a dd and ram the first dd you saw in coop it might just be possible to churn through the whole lot in a little over an hour.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-PVE-]
Members
253 posts
13,017 battles
3 hours ago, RighteousRhyno said:

I'm sure that a lot of you want to finish the collection for the Cap voiceover, but MAKE SURE TO ENABLE 'COLLECTING' on the Bad Advice collections page. Some of you might be collecting other previous sets and you will not get the Cap collection items from regular containers as a result.

That is all.

Funny thing is, I completed this event without enabling it. I obtained the new captain and other prizes. I have since enabled it and will see if I get a second group of missions (doubt it.) 

[RLGN]
Members
14,319 posts
25,257 battles

All I know is it’ll be cool to get Cap and Fishy in my port after so many years.

(edit)

Though I do have Space Fishy.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,595 posts
2,433 battles
3 hours ago, John_Crace said:

And if you were to say jump in a dd and ram the first dd you saw in coop it might just be possible to churn through the whole lot in a little over an hour.

I mean, it really doesn't get much more into the spirit of Captain Bad Advice than that.

• Funny 1

[PD-73]
Members
8 posts
3,205 battles
31 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Does the captain need to be earned today? It shows no end date in game.

@Hapa_Fodder

The page says through April 8th...

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts

Well that was fun! now what do I put my new Captain in? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,549 posts
13,910 battles
54 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Does the captain need to be earned today? It shows no end date in game.

@Hapa_Fodder

cap.jpg

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
4 hours ago, RighteousRhyno said:

That is all.

Any odea how long it goes?

[PNP]
Members
460 posts
4,257 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Any odea how long it goes?

Like what others have said. You have until the 8th. The missions for the collections containers are quite easy to do, so you have plenty of time.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
4 hours ago, John_Crace said:

I am stated do it because my 6 year old and I watch happy all the time and she wants the flag

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
51 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

cap.jpg

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thank you for this event. Its fun and easy.  My 6 year old daughter and I love watching cappy. Her fav is turn off the as. When there in the smoke and he starts fireing she thibks is the Funnest thing ever.

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,522 posts
55 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

cap.jpg

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Ummm, not to sound pessimistic, but the event ends on the 8th (which in WG lingo means the 7th).

The mission to get 23 ships sunk in 23 games has no expiration date and says Aprils Fool's Day as the title.

Knowing how WG works, I assume this means that if you don't get those 23 games in (with 23 kills) TODAY , April 1, that you will be forced to try to complete the collection through the YouTube method - almost a lottery since only a limited number of containers are given out that way.

Clarification please. :)

@Hapa_Fodder

Edited by capncrunch21

Members
201 posts
21,174 battles

Just an FYI - if you kill multiple ships in your game, it only nets you one of the collection pieces.  I was hoping to knock it out a little quicker - but 4 kills = 1 piece.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,595 posts
2,433 battles
4 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Ummm, not to sound pessimistic, but the event ends on the 8th (which in WG lingo means the 7th).

The mission to get 23 ships sunk in 23 games has no expiration date and says Aprils Fool's Day as the title.

Knowing how WG works, I assume this means that if you don't get those 23 games in (with 23 kills) TODAY , April 1, that you will be forced to try to complete the collection through the YouTube method - almost a lottery since only a limited number of containers are given out that way.

Clarification please. :)

@Hapa_Fodder

The items can also be obtained in daily containers, like many othe collections.